PDA

View Full Version : L.o.I. Club/Ireland Themed Euro 2012 Merchandise

Iorfa2MaccaJim
07/07/2010, 9:37 PM
I know it's way too early to be thinking of Euro 2012, as the World Cup isn't even over, but this
was just an idea I thought maby Airtricity League clubs could consider if Ireland qualify for the tournament. I was in the England recently, and noticed that clubs over there produced a range of merchandise, T- Shirts ect, with both the England flag and the cclub crest on it. I think maby it might be a decent marketing idea for the League of Ireland.

What do people think ?

outspoken
07/07/2010, 10:24 PM
Ye Im surprised theirs not more of this merchindide in LOI it would be a great money spinner...... When ever you'd go on holiday you could have your Ireland and Town flag hanging from the balcony all in 1 lol

redobit
08/07/2010, 1:26 PM
Good idea.

With Bohs, Shams, Pats, Dundalk, Bray (in the Premier) sponsored by Umbro too you would think it would be be possible.

Would other team kit manufacturers, like Jako, ONeills etc be against it, or would it that matter what they think?

Lim till i die
08/07/2010, 11:03 PM
I think if I was in charge of a League of Ireland club I'd be getting over the hurdle of making sure the club is still around in 2012 first!!

Riddickcule
09/07/2010, 3:48 PM
I think if I was in charge of a League of Ireland club I'd be getting over the hurdle of making sure the club is still around in 2012 first!!
In fairness despite a minor Galwegian blip we're doing alright this season !

GUFCghost
10/07/2010, 3:38 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_law

Riddickcule
10/07/2010, 4:51 PM
Don't buy into it ^^

Iorfa2MaccaJim
10/07/2010, 7:02 PM
I honestly think if Ireland qualify for Euro 2012, it is an option that kit suppliers should look into. I mean, most people (I think) would buy the merrchandise. You would have the benefit of supporting both you're club and country. I think it would be a big money spinner.

marinobohs
13/07/2010, 11:08 AM
I honestly think if Ireland qualify for Euro 2012, it is an option that kit suppliers should look into. I mean, most people (I think) would buy the merrchandise. You would have the benefit of supporting both you're club and country. I think it would be a big money spinner.

Think anything that can raise much needed moola for LOI worth exploring but not sure extent of market.(very) Many Ireland fans have no allegiance whatso ever to LOI clubs so cant see them being too interested (unless of course Celtic become a LOI team between now and 2012). Also a number of LOI fans I know have little or no interest in the International team so the linkage between LOI / Ireland team is not great.
Personnaly would like to see the idea tried and think it might hopefully improve links between the two (Ireland fans might know we exist ).