PDA

View Full Version : Holland (Away) June 5th

PaulB
15/04/2004, 11:17 AM
Anyone know of any cheap way of getting to Holland for the game. Cheapest flights i can get so far is 300 Euro as its the bank holiday!

sylvo
15/04/2004, 12:54 PM
Booked a flight morning after the game was annouced and got it for 79 sterling which was the cheapest i could get it, try bmi or easyjet, but that will mean going via Heatrow, Luton or stansted but yer may get it a bit cheaper cause it's not a bank holiday over here that weekend.

One Brian Kerr
15/04/2004, 3:59 PM
Any ideas on good cheap hotels in Amsterdam. Am flying over Friday and coming back Sunday so would like a hotel fairly close to the action.

Bring Back Mick
15/04/2004, 7:22 PM
Booked with BA from LHR out Sat am back Sun pm £80

Réiteoir
16/04/2004, 7:20 AM
Any ideas on good cheap hotels in Amsterdam. Am flying over Friday and coming back Sunday so would like a hotel fairly close to the action.

http://www.hotel-roemervisscher.nl/

Stopped in this place in 2001 - nice and pleasant hotel, close to the city centre and tram lines - 5 minute walk from the main nightlife...

petef
16/04/2004, 12:34 PM
Got flights at 120 sterling each from glasgow, staying in a nice B&B going for 3 nights about 105 euros a night, amsterdam is a bit pricey for accomodation. Use tripadvisor.com for reviews always a good indication.

NeilMcD
16/04/2004, 2:48 PM
what time is the match kicking off does anybody know its on a saturday

One Brian Kerr
16/04/2004, 2:55 PM
7.30 Irish Time

petef
20/04/2004, 11:22 PM
Details were posted on the FAI webby about tickets, sent an email off the otehr day. flights and place booked now just need the tickets shouldnt be a prob I hope.

One Brian Kerr
21/04/2004, 2:16 PM
Does anyone know if when applying for tickets direct to the FAI, if they can send them to a English address or does it have to be an Irish one ?

only1kilbane
21/04/2004, 3:34 PM
no my friend in England got tickets for the Swiss away game last year though he is a blockbooker but should not make a difference !

petef
21/04/2004, 5:59 PM
Shouldnt do though I got someone back home to do it for me just emilaed them the application form as you have to pay in Euros, saves having to get a postal order or give the credit card details in the post which is madness.

Bring Back Mick
21/04/2004, 6:10 PM
Yep the FAI have become more professional for all future internationals ticket applications will only be available to residents of the Irish Republic or any other European country using Euros as their currancy.......................
Way forward Fran keep it up !!!

slow2anger
24/04/2004, 12:30 PM
Does anyone know if when applying for tickets direct to the FAI, if they can send them to a English address or does it have to be an Irish one ?To receive an application form,email netherlandsaway@fai.ie with the words NETHERLANDS V IRELAND in the subject box.

They will email you back with an application form, closing date 7th May so get your skates on. Doesn't matter where you live.

oconghc2
24/04/2004, 12:54 PM
some good hostels in amsterdam
give "the flying pig" a go. Reasonable prices - 24 hour, bar etc - right beside Dam square and all the nightlife

4tothefloor
10/05/2004, 10:16 PM
Lads, if flying into Brussels (Charleroi), anyone know if its any hassle getting to Amsterdam i.e. how long it takes etc. Anyone travel this route before?

Beavis
10/05/2004, 10:51 PM
Lads, if flying into Brussels (Charleroi), anyone know if its any hassle getting to Amsterdam i.e. how long it takes etc. Anyone travel this route before?
I came into Charleroi and went to Breda Holland and it took about 2 and half hours.Breda's in the south so I'd say it would be double that to Amsterdam.Save good money going to Charleroi though

Paulie
11/05/2004, 10:27 AM

I checked out this route when organising my own way over. When I was checking out the train fare from Brussels to Amsterdam the woman I was talking to at Iarnrod Eireann said that she had taken this route a few times herself. She said that while it's cheaper it can be a bit of a pain. Apparantly from the time you board the coach that takes you to Brussels train station, to the time it moves, can be anywhere up to about 45 minutes. The bus journey itself will take about 50 minutes while the train will take between 2 1/2 and 3 hours. The train will cost about €65 if bought through CIE but if bought locally you may get it cheaper. I ended up getting flights direct into Brussles for about €165 as I couldn't be arsed with all the messing around but that's just me.

shiv_ire
29/05/2004, 4:20 PM
Flying direct from Dublin to Rotterdam. They have an airline bus that takes 1 hours to get into Amsterdam and cost 15 euro each way