PDA

View Full Version : Vuvuzela Ban

Roo69
06/07/2010, 4:23 PM
Reading in the Star today that Wanderers have banned Vuvuzales in the Carlisle Grounds. Absolutely delighted to hear this :D

Bry Boy
06/07/2010, 8:23 PM
god it could of created some buz for a change.

lowflyingseagul
07/07/2010, 7:14 AM
you would think we were happy with a bit of noise in the ground

SupaJon
07/07/2010, 9:28 AM
Good stuff!

Glad to see the club has taken action against these nasty things.
People should just sit quietly in their seats and clap politely at a goal and eat their prawn sandwiches.

Vuvulelas indeed!

peadar1987
07/07/2010, 10:04 AM
You can get prawn sandwiches at the Carlisle? The club have really moved forwards since I left Ireland!

SupaJon
07/07/2010, 10:24 AM
I bring my own in a little lunch-box.

Damn sight more appetising than the under-cooked chips on offer!

KK77
07/07/2010, 11:17 AM
Joke sure no harm in adding to the atmosphere! God knows we need some!

Dunny
07/07/2010, 11:43 AM
There was one in Oriel on Monday, certainly helped us out! :D

From The Star

"Stephen McDonnell and Tiernan Mulvenna hit their first goals of the season as Dundalk warmed up for their Europa leauge tie against Grevenmacher on Thursday with a derby win over Drogheda United.
Ian Fosters depleted side had a VUVUZELA to thank as they came from behind to earn their first win since may 29.
With several injuries and suspensions,the Lilywhites were chasing the game as early as the eighth minute when John Flood fired home from ten yards out after Eoghan Osbournes cross.
But Dundalk got a helping hand on 22 minutes from an unlikely source.
As Osbourne took up possession on the left wing,he was visibly startled by the sound of a VUVUZELA and seconds later surrenendered possession.Dundalk broke quickly upfield with Neale Fenn releasing Mulvenna on the right and his perfect cross found McDonnell whose bullet header sped past a helpless Paul Murphy."

Bray-Z
07/07/2010, 7:35 PM
George Hamilton just mentioned the ban there during the match! I think it was just a publicity stunt and on that evidence you'd have to say a very successful one!

BrayUnknowns
08/07/2010, 10:46 AM
Positive step by the club, i can't think of anything worse than having to try and watch a match for 90 minutes and having the blasting about the place. How people think they would add to an atmosphere is beyond me, completely takes away from games. Can't remember hearing one set of fans chating at games during the world cup because they just drown everything out.

My reccomendation would be that if people want more atmosphere in the Carlisle then join in with the singing lads