PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football (July 5th)

Pages : [1] 2

SkStu
05/07/2010, 6:43 PM
Bohs Team Lineup
Barry Murphy (G)
Owen Heary (D)
Ken Oman (D)
Conor Powell (D)
Brian Shelley (D)
Raffael Cretaro (M)
Ruadhri Higgins (M)
Paul Keegan (M)
Gareth McGlynn (M)
Paddy Madden (F)
Mark Quigley (F)
Killian Brennan (Sub)
Glenn Cronin (Sub)
Jason McGuinness (Sub)
Chris O'Connor (Sub)
Mark Rossiter (Sub)

UCD Team Lineup
Billy Brennan (G)
Andrew Boyle (D)
Sean Harding (D)
Evan McMillan (D)
Ciaran Nangle (D)
Greg Bolger (M)
Paul Corry (M)
Chris Mulhall (M)
Stephen Roche (M)
Graham Rusk (F)
Dwayne Wilson (F)
Ger Barron (Sub)
Ciaran Kilduff (Sub)
Paul O'Conor (Sub)
Brian Shortall (Sub)
Keith Ward (Sub)

not sure how true the rumour that if UCD win there'll be a dance in the goalkeepers barn tonight.

SkStu
05/07/2010, 6:59 PM
1-0 Drogs (Flood)

SkStu
05/07/2010, 7:03 PM
Bohs lead (Madden)
Galway lead (Curran)

SkStu
05/07/2010, 7:03 PM
Sligo go one up. (Eoin Doyle)

holidaysong
05/07/2010, 7:11 PM
1-1 in Oriel.

SkStu
05/07/2010, 7:33 PM
2-1 to Dundalk now.

SkStu
05/07/2010, 7:53 PM
Bray equalise?

SkStu
05/07/2010, 8:14 PM
Scum 0 - Junkies 1 (Doyle)

SkStu
05/07/2010, 8:18 PM
Bohs 2-0 - Madden again

SkStu
05/07/2010, 8:24 PM
Bray take the lead. (Kelly)

SkStu
05/07/2010, 8:27 PM
Stewart equalises for the scum. :quiet:

Dennehy denied another scum goal for handball...

(ive been busy here today)

SkStu
05/07/2010, 8:30 PM
equaliser for Galway (Anto Flood) 2-2 now.

(Dunny, Mr. A and Fester, i hope im doing you proud)

SkStu
05/07/2010, 8:41 PM
all 7.45's are over now

Dundalk 1 - 1 Drogs
Galway 2 - 2 Bray
UCD 0 - 2 Bohs
Sprouting Fungus 1 - 1 Sligo Rovers

SkStu
05/07/2010, 8:42 PM
2-1 Scum - Stewart again

galwayjames
05/07/2010, 8:58 PM
pats miss last minute penalty, billy dennehy sent off

SkStu
05/07/2010, 8:59 PM
Ryan Guy does a Ghana after Dennehy did a Suarez. Finishes 2-1.

SkStu
05/07/2010, 9:03 PM
5 points between the top 5 teams.

Crazy stuff.

Ciaran W
05/07/2010, 9:24 PM
What an amazing win :D

Dalymountrower
05/07/2010, 9:33 PM
Were UCD missing players tonight? They were brutal, 4-0 wouldn`t have flattered Bohs

Dunny
05/07/2010, 9:34 PM
equaliser for Galway (Anto Flood) 2-2 now.

(Dunny, Mr. A and Fester, i hope im doing you proud)

You done well young Padawan.;)

Nah Nah Nah Nah
05/07/2010, 10:17 PM
Thankfully Fingal didn't wake up until 10 minutes to go. Very poor up until then I thought and then they could easily have score 3 in that time. Don't even think they had 3 shots up until then. Will need to improve for Europe. I don't think it was coincidence that their improved play happened after they took Glen Crowe off and put Zayed up top. Crowe wasn't great again.

As for us. Need to start taking our chances when we're on top. And stop playing Danny Ventre. At fault for the goal yet again.

danthesaint
05/07/2010, 10:26 PM
cant believe the amount of junkie chanting from the rovers fans, typical............ ;)

absolutely gutted, cant believe that decision by kelly jokeshop, lino gave it, no doubt it crossed the line, not once but maybe twice

could see the rovers win on the cards, our 2nd half performance was terrible, didnt close down enough and gave the ball away too much, rovers one touch passing out did us imo

both teams created half chances maybe a draw would have been a fair result, not to be

Jicked
05/07/2010, 10:31 PM
The Lino was flagging to give a penalty to Pats as far as I could see. Awful refereeing by Kelly who should have just allowed advantage be played, no excuse either after what went on in the World Cup earlier. Don't agree that a draw was a fair result, thought Rovers clearly had the better of the game, dominated throughout bar a fifteen/twenty minute spell in the first half.

Jicked
05/07/2010, 10:51 PM
Oh, forgot to mention Rovers are top of the table. Time to celebrate like Hooperman

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs048.ash2/35774_442739043139_681618139_5913514_6787441_n.jpg

The Betting Man
06/07/2010, 12:04 AM
Only keeping it warm for us thats all

bullit
06/07/2010, 12:11 AM
Drogs fans are reporting that they got the finger from the lino near the end off the match in oriel tonight.shocking if true

sligo23
06/07/2010, 12:45 AM
Drogs fans are reporting that they got the finger from the lino near the end off the match in oriel tonight.shocking if true
Apparently the lino in the showgrounds the other night turned around and told some of the fellas giving him hassel to f.... off, don't know how true it is but thats what I was told. It wouldn't surprise me tbh, the officials here get away with murder and they continue to do it because they know they will get away with it. I'm sure Derry fans will back me up with Buttimer's antics in the Cup last year.

Schumi
06/07/2010, 12:59 AM
Were UCD missing players tonight? They were brutal, 4-0 wouldn`t have flattered Bohs

A couple but not enough to explain the performance. Kilduff not starting was very odd, Mulhall was wasted up front, no one in the midfield gave him any support and he couldn't win the ball from long balls at all. Apart from that though, our midfield was useless, no one could keep the ball and they gave very little cover to the defence.

Really awful performance and 2-0 flattered us as you say.

Cuyahoga
06/07/2010, 7:23 AM
cant believe the amount of junkie chanting from the rovers fans, typical............ ;)

absolutely gutted, cant believe that decision by kelly jokeshop, lino gave it, no doubt it crossed the line, not once but maybe twice

could see the rovers win on the cards, our 2nd half performance was terrible, didnt close down enough and gave the ball away too much, rovers one touch passing out did us imo

both teams created half chances maybe a draw would have been a fair result, not to be
Rte 2 news showed the penalty incident and it definetely did not cross the line. I disagree with you,Rovers deserved to
win the match,had more of the possesion and a lot more chances. I dont know what your complaining about re the chanting,
thats L.O.I for you, Pats fans come out with some mad chants too. Overall it was a great game and good advertisement for
the game!

danthesaint
06/07/2010, 7:26 AM
I dont know what your complaining about re the chanting,
thats L.O.I for you, Pats fans come out with some mad chants too. Overall it was a great game and good advertisement for the game!

did ya not see the wink beside my comment about chanting....it was aimed at hoopy i think the lads name was!!

at the time at posting, i didnt see any replays yet, but ball looked over the link from where i was

dont think guy should have took the peno anyway, feel robbed

Dodge
06/07/2010, 7:31 AM
Rte 2 news showed the penalty incident and it definetely did not cross the line. I disagree with you,Rovers deserved to
win the match,had more of the possesion and a lot more chances. I dont know what your complaining about re the chanting,
thats L.O.I for you, Pats fans come out with some mad chants too. Overall it was a great game and good advertisement for
the game!

YOu deserved to win because you took your chances but both teams had about the same amount of them. Mannus certainly made as many saves as Rogers.

Didn't think it crossed the line either but that doesn't make it less sickening.

Kelly did get the decision to award us a free kick that lead to our goal wrong though. Guy was a yard inside the box and it shold've been a pen. Bizarre that no one was booked for it

Not complaining about him either btw, didn't influence that match result IMO

seand
06/07/2010, 7:59 AM
I was wondering what Drogs fans were getting so apoplectic about towards the end of the match. Would be surprised if Delaney did give them the finger, but then this is officialdom in the league of Ireland, we shouldn't be surprised with anything.

That said, it seems to be the unwritten rule that officials (and players) are expected to put up with and accept odious personal abuse without reacting. I think I'd go postal if I was running the line in the league.

Cuyahoga
06/07/2010, 8:00 AM
I heard Pete Mahon on RTE radio 1 sports news at 7.30. He was quite angry. Iagree with him that Rovers first goal looked off side. ON the penalty incident he said that he is blessed with perfect eyesight and that the ball crossed the line. Pete, I think a visit to the opticians is in order!

passinginterest
06/07/2010, 8:24 AM
I brought a League of Ireland newbie to the Rovers - Pat's game and I think he's hooked, I don't think he could have got a more dramatic match for his introduction to the league. My first reaction for the first Rovers goal was offside too, but it was very close and came at the end of a very quick pass, it was a brilliant move and one of the better goals I've seen this season. Also thought the ball looked like it might have been over the line twice before the penalty was awarded, was surprised to see Guy taking it and not too surprised it was saved (I'd love to see stats on penalty misses/saves in Tallaght, it must be incredibly high).

Overall I thought Rovers just about did enough to deserve the win, both sides played some decent football, Rovers created more from open play but Pat's looked like scoring from every set piece. Also agree with Dodge that the foul on Guy looked like it was inside the box (I wasn't sure if he was fouled at all though, looked like he went down very easily). Second half in particular was very open and the game as a whole was a really good advertisement for what League of Ireland football can be about.

The fancy new sprinkler system in Tallaght also got a run at half time, leading to some very confused Pat's players coming out for the second half.

danthesaint
06/07/2010, 8:38 AM
The fancy new sprinkler system in Tallaght also got a run at half time, leading to some very confused Pat's players coming out for the second half.

yeah that was impressive, fair play to the SDCC

Dodge
06/07/2010, 8:50 AM
My first reaction for the first Rovers goal was offside too, but it was very close and came at the end of a very quick pass
it looked to me like the ball was spun off froma pats player challenge. There was something weird about it anyway.

Also agree with Dodge that the foul on Guy looked like it was inside the box (I wasn't sure if he was fouled at all though, looked like he went down very easily).
nah, it was defo a foul. He was dragged back and then clipped. See plenty of them type of fouls not given though.

The Observer
06/07/2010, 9:21 AM
Headed along to the game in Tallaght last night (last chance i'll get to see an Irish league game until September) & I must say that Shamrock were a different animal altogether from the one i saw out in Bray a couple of weeks back, having seen St. Pats play Galway on Friday i thought they'd definitely get something from what i thought was a poor Shamrock side, how wrong I was. Firstly, thought the result was fair, the better side on the night deservedly took the 3 points, was suprised at Pats inability to create any openings from open play, set pieces were the only time they genuinely looked threatening and especially so after Shamrock had to take off one of their centre backs (not sure of the names, apologies) who up to that point looked pretty dominant at the back for them, even at that i thought Shamrock looked comfortable (though certaily not in control) for all but maybe 15 minutes of the first half when Pats clearly had the better of the posession. Second half, different story altogether, Shamrock stepped up the pace & started to run at the defence & clearly unsettled them, thought the goal came against the run of play but predictably from a set piece for which i thought the keeper was poor, didnt have a great view for the equaliser but some said it looked offside, cant comment on that but can definitely comment on the finish which was excellent. After that there was only going to be one winner, both Pats full backs looked out of sorts & i couldnt understand why at least one of them wasnt subbed (the left back looked injured & the right back was being torn inside out by the opposing winger). Had a great view for the injury time incident, and to be fair to the officials (not often one can say that) i thought they did all they could within the laws of the game, the ball to me (I was practically inline with the goal) hadn't crossed the line so the red card & peno was really all that could be gained from it, personally speaking as a neutral i enjoyed the drama of the miss, which to be fair would be better descried as a save as the keeper did well to get it clear. Have to say that was probably the best game i've seen over here, will definitely be back to see more.

WoodquayBoy
06/07/2010, 9:23 AM
I'm sure Derry fans will back me up with Buttimer's antics in the Cup last year.

Don't get me started on Buttimer after what Anto Flood alleged he said to him and other United players before last night's match

pineapple stu
06/07/2010, 9:29 AM
Really awful performance and 2-0 flattered us as you say.
Funny thing is that while we barely deserved the zero, I don't think Bohs deserved more than 2. They were very poor last night; often utterly disinterested and generally lacking in any sort of spark. Maybe they were just doing enough to win, but I think 2-0 was about fair. 4-0 would have given the impression Bohs played well throughout, which they really didn't.

passinginterest
06/07/2010, 9:33 AM
set pieces were the only time they genuinely looked threatening and especially so after Shamrock had to take off one of their centre backs (not sure of the names, apologies) who up to that point looked pretty dominant at the back for them, even at that i thought Shamrock looked comfortable (though certaily not in control) for all but maybe 15 minutes of the first half when Pats clearly had the better of the posession.

It was Aiden Price who had to go off and he was playing very well (my mate at his first game also picked him out) but it benefitted Rovers in an attacking sense as Sives, who was at right back, is a natural central defender and offered nothing going forward, when Chambers came in at right back he was a huge attacking threat and I can see why O'Neill is persisting in putting him in there rather than centre mid.

WindmillWarrior
06/07/2010, 10:59 AM

Didn't see it myself but there were loads around me who did. It really is disgraceful. Some of the decisions he gave against us were completely unbelievable as well.

seand
06/07/2010, 12:20 PM
Some of the decisions he gave against us were completely unbelievable as well.

Any examples WW? I was at his end of the ground opposite the Drogs fans, and didn't notice anything dodgy going against Drogs. Obviously I'm coming at this from a completely different angle to you!

poster
06/07/2010, 1:25 PM
Didn't think it crossed the line either but that doesn't make it less sickening.

Guy was a yard inside the box and it shold've been a pen. Bizarre that no one was booked for it

Hmm..sounds familiar, who were ye playing again??

Dodge
06/07/2010, 1:37 PM
You'll note I'm not claiming any conspiracy. (and in our case we wanted it to be over the line)

hoopy
06/07/2010, 2:00 PM
did ya not see the wink beside my comment about chanting....it was aimed at hoopy i think the lads name was!!

I was letting it go;) I was in line with Tommy Stewart for our 1st goal and to me he was offside. We all moan about the refs but the linos are giving them very little help. We got a glimpse of the real Paddy Kavanagh last night, a huge talent when fully fit. Thought Pats contributed to their own downfall by deciding to play for the draw when it was 1-1 and take their time at throws, kick outs etc. Enjoyable night. Once again Pats fans a lot noisier than any other away crowd. Well done.

poster
06/07/2010, 2:05 PM
(and in our case we wanted it to be over the line)

eh..why?

dong
06/07/2010, 2:09 PM
Why do you think???
Must he spell it out for you?

poster
06/07/2010, 2:11 PM
Why do you think???
Must he spell it out for you?

eh....yes!

Dodge
06/07/2010, 2:13 PM
Thought Pats contributed to their own downfall by deciding to play for the draw when it was 1-1 and take their time at throws

Think that wwas solely down to the full backs, who were both struggling last night. Rovers had momentum too, so I didn't mind a few breathers being taken.

osarusan
06/07/2010, 2:17 PM
eh..why?

Because it was an effort by his team, not by the opposition. The ball going over the line would have meant his team scored a goal.