PDA

View Full Version : MNS

Acornvilla
05/07/2010, 6:33 PM
well the ball definitely crossed the line in the rovers match,

anyone else notice the cameraman sneezing during the bohs, fingal game? :nerd:

**FrOsTy**
05/07/2010, 6:36 PM
Haha yup I copped that myself. Ball defo crossed the line, Peers deserved to go. Sligo should of had a peno. Sligo fans not covering themselves in glory either all their bitching about Shams about the game. Clip of 3/4 fans up in the linesman grill. That's not on either.

srfc1928
05/07/2010, 6:50 PM
Sorry lads, but in no way is that conclusive.

Peers definetley a sending off tho.

Acornvilla
05/07/2010, 7:21 PM
its conclusive enough for me anyway, and i'm impartial

monkey9
05/07/2010, 7:25 PM
It was definitely over the line

centre mid
05/07/2010, 7:49 PM
Looked over the line all right. Sligo should have had a penalty though.

outspoken
05/07/2010, 8:06 PM
anyone else notice the cameraman sneezing during the bohs, fingal game? :nerd:

In fairness MNS is very poor quality with only 1 camera at the games they miss alot of things they really should take a lesson from the football league show in England

thesilverfox
05/07/2010, 8:20 PM
Anybody noticed the two fans seemingly abusing Ndo when taking a corner? From the area of the ground Im assuming it was Shams fans having a "chat" with him. Could this be something to do with the alleged racist abuse he got?

Peers tackle was a red. No problem with that. Russell should have got a penalty. No debate there. And Turners goal did cross the line sadly. Said it on the night and the pictures dont prove otherwise.

redobit
05/07/2010, 9:47 PM
Haha yup I copped that myself. Ball defo crossed the line, Peers deserved to go. Sligo should of had a peno. Sligo fans not covering themselves in glory either all their bitching about Shams about the game. Clip of 3/4 fans up in the linesman grill. That's not on either.

Ya, a 60 second clip followed by '3 experts' talking about the 60 second clip really is a fair representation of exactly what happened on and off the pitch during a football match !!!

Jicked
05/07/2010, 10:17 PM
Anybody noticed the two fans seemingly abusing Ndo when taking a corner? From the area of the ground Im assuming it was Shams fans having a "chat" with him. Could this be something to do with the alleged racist abuse he got?

Wow, Sligo fans just get more and more hilarious. "Player Shouted At Taking Corner Possibly Racially Motivated" is what they've been reduced to after trying to blame the referee who has a hatred for all things Sligo, the linesman, MNS, accusing Mick O'Neill of assaulting people, Shamrock Rovers being racist, Shamrock Rovers being a party to gangland criminality, Shamrock Rovers dealing drugs, Shamrock Rovers players cheating, etc, etc, etc.

You could have saved all that fuss, and the at best cringeworthy, at worst disgusting, rubbish spouted by so many by just blaming Peers for being so stupid to get himself sent-off when they were in control of the game.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
05/07/2010, 10:26 PM
I don't think anyone had defended Peers for that tackle. I also don't think anyone has defended the ref for not giving the penalty.

redobit
05/07/2010, 11:04 PM
Wow, Sligo fans just get more and more hilarious.

I know well Jicked, foot.ie should have a D.O.B. beside your avatar cause some of he crap on here is childish. Valid points just get lost in the BS on here.

Dunny
05/07/2010, 11:15 PM
Was there any highlights from the Dundalk match in Luxembourg?

blue til i die
05/07/2010, 11:23 PM
Was there any highlights from the Dundalk match in Luxembourg?

No.

Anybody else notice the ball hitting the wall behind the drogs goal (after crowley almost scored an OG), coming back into play and the ref (alan kelly?) playing on?

Cuyahoga
06/07/2010, 7:30 AM
In fairness MNS is very poor quality with only 1 camera at the games they miss alot of things they really should take a lesson from the football league show in England
R.T.E wouldnt have the budget that the B.B.C and the football league have .We're doing well to have 1 camera at each game.

SupaJon
06/07/2010, 8:18 AM
No.

Anybody else notice the ball hitting the wall behind the drogs goal (after crowley almost scored an OG), coming back into play and the ref (alan kelly?) playing on?

I thought I must have imagined that!

Dodge
06/07/2010, 8:59 AM
Ya, a 60 second clip followed by '3 experts' talking about the 60 second clip really is a fair representation of exactly what happened on and off the pitch during a football match !!!

They shouldn't be saying anything about off the field issues. On the field, Shamrock were correctly awarded a goal, Peers was correctly sent off, Sligo should've had a penalty and missed a boat load of chances. Shamrock Rovers won 2-1

You saying thats not a fair reflection of the game?

Redie
06/07/2010, 10:09 AM
They shouldn't be saying anything about off the field issues. On the field, Shamrock were correctly awarded a goal, Peers was correctly sent off, Sligo should've had a penalty and missed a boat load of chances. Shamrock Rovers won 2-1

You saying thats not a fair reflection of the game?

It's not the full picture by any means.

That 60 second clip did not show the string of incredible decisions by the officials on the night.

They showed Shams hitting the post in the first half, what they did not show was that it came directly from a throw in for Shams that was unquestionably a Rovers throw and was awarded to us in the first instance and then reversed.

They did not show that Winter was less than 10 yards away from the penalty incident and the linesman also had a clear view of it.

They did not show Winter scolding a Shams player for a blatant dive but no sign of a yellow card.

The officials did get a number of decisions right and a whole lot of them wrong and surprise surprise all the correct ones went for the Dublin team and all the wrong ones went to Rovers.

Yes We Are Paranoid - Yes They Are Out To Get Us

Acornvilla
06/07/2010, 10:47 AM
looked a bit like the 2 lads were telling ndo that, ''that thing over there is the goals put the ball in it''

A N Mouse
06/07/2010, 11:48 AM
It's not the full picture by any means.

That 60 second clip did not show the string of incredible decisions by the officials on the night.

They showed Shams hitting the post in the first half, what they did not show was that it came directly from a throw in for Shams that was unquestionably a Rovers throw and was awarded to us in the first instance and then reversed.

They did not show that Winter was less than 10 yards away from the penalty incident and the linesman also had a clear view of it.

They did not show Winter scolding a Shams player for a blatant dive but no sign of a yellow card.

The officials did get a number of decisions right and a whole lot of them wrong and surprise surprise all the correct ones went for the Dublin team and all the wrong ones went to Rovers.

Yes We Are Paranoid - Yes They Are Out To Get Us

Dry yer eyes, ffs.

It's a highlights show. Doesn't matter if something is condensed into 30 secs, or 15mins, by the nature of not showing the whole thing something is going to be lost.

And those people that keep mentioning the football league show on bbc, have you actually watched it? The quality drops off noticeably even before they finished covering the 'championship'.

Rasputin
06/07/2010, 5:00 PM
Anybody noticed the two fans seemingly abusing Ndo when taking a corner? From the area of the ground Im assuming it was Shams fans having a "chat" with him. Could this be something to do with the alleged racist abuse he got.
No, it was a few lads singing about Ndo and Elephants in the Jinks stand.

Rasputin
06/07/2010, 5:01 PM
Just copy and paste this from the other thread, seems more relevant here.
Also its hard to judge the Peers tackle on its merits when an equally bad tackle IMO on Ndo was committed by Murphy in the first ten minutes and yet he only received a yellow card.
Taken Peers tackle out of context it was a red card but in the context of the whole game it was not deserving a red card because it was blatantly inconsistant with other similar tackles most notably Murphys tackle.
From the video analysis it looks like the second goal was a goal for Shams, from where I was standing I cant comment tbh.
As for Russell being brought down in the box it was blatantly a stone wall penalty.
Whether Rovers fans here are right with all their complaints on Winters or not is up for debate but what is certain is that if Winters did referee the match in an impartial manner it wouldnt have been 3 points to shams.