PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk v Cork ...

Daniel McD
28/10/2001, 11:10 PM
May as well get the debate going early ..

First of all, many of you planning to travel up ? Hopefully there'll be a good crowd but I'm not sure on a Sunday. We had 3,000 at our last home game, and the club are trying to make Sunday a family day out on Sunday, so hopefully it will be ok

On the pitch, things have gone a bit haywire for us. A large body of the fans, [mainly the net ones] have lost it with Martin Murray completely and will want him out if we lose on Sunday

We are a bit of a shambles at the moment, although if we get Keddy back in on Sunday, we might at least have some kind of balance in the side

Should be interesting ...

Neil
29/10/2001, 8:42 AM
Originally posted by Daniel McD
many of you planning to travel up ?

lost it with Martin Murray completely and will want him out if we lose on Sunday

Should be interesting ...
There is a Supporter's Club bus planned.

Should be interesting alright because City badly need to win. We have thrown away two games now and to stay in touch with Derry we'll have to win on Sunday and also against Pats the following week.

Snatch
01/11/2001, 11:29 AM
Isn't it interesting that Dundalk have switched from evening fixtures back to Sunday afternoon while there is talk of City switching from Sunday afternoon to night time games!
How could one get better conditions for a game than last Sunday's at the Cross.
I'd better make plans for a "Save Sunday Football Association".
Is there any supporters out there?

Troy.McClure
01/11/2001, 11:37 AM
Ya keep Sunday soccer! What would Sundays be like without it on Leeside?:confused:
Is the supporters bus stopping in Dublin by any chance?

Neil
01/11/2001, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Is the supporters bus stopping in Dublin by any chance?
I believe they take the ring-road around Dublin but go close enough to Dublin. Finbarr would know better.

pete
01/11/2001, 11:50 AM
Apparently Dundalk had to move the City game to sunday because of the travelling distances involved.

Dundalk will be missing the mighty Donal Broughan (he of the most bizzare own goal i think i've ever seen when he at bohs) as he'll be serving the 2nd of a 2 game suspension.

rebel yell
01/11/2001, 3:57 PM
Daniel, at the start of the season on this site I tipped Dundalk to go down but you said not a chance. What do you think now, I wonder?

James
01/11/2001, 4:02 PM
yea rebel yell so do I and i got slagged from Daniel here and on dundalk talk for it, with dundalk fans going on about how they were going to qualify for europe and all that.

ha ha
not laughing now are ya daniel :D