PDA

View Full Version : What's the point in even bothering to turn up..............

avvenalaf
02/07/2010, 9:52 PM
...............to play Shamrock Rovers when you know the script has already been written and that they are going to be handed the points. This league is in terminal decline due to factors outside of our control. Sad to see a fine footballer like Chris Turner showing himself to be a tramp - and I'm not only referring to his action over the Gavin tackle.

redobit
02/07/2010, 10:23 PM
Shams were GIVEN 3 points by Richie Winter tonight, as absloute discraceful piece of refereeing. THis league has no chance with the decisions made on that pitch tonight. Ive been going to the showgrounds along time and i can honestly say thats the closest ive ever come to going on the pitch. That man should never be allowed near a LOI ground again nevermind let on a pitch.

avvenalaf
02/07/2010, 10:57 PM
Yes, I really thought that the stand was going to empty onto the pitch when the penalty wasn't given. I saw people on their feet that I didn't even know had legs.

Well Red
02/07/2010, 11:29 PM
Shams were GIVEN 3 points by Richie Winter tonight, as absloute discraceful piece of refereeing. THis league has no chance with the decisions made on that pitch tonight. Ive been going to the showgrounds along time and i can honestly say thats the closest ive ever come to going on the pitch. That man should never be allowed near a LOI ground again nevermind let on a pitch.

Richie Winter has always been a B.....d and anti Sligo and other non Dublin teams but how can you do anything about it, no point in contacting Kelly who is in charge of the officals as he is not even bothered going to games. Peers challange was out of order from where I was sitting and he should know better but how we did not get a penalty can only be explained by the fact that Winter only wanted one outcome and we had a serious chance of getting something out of the game at that stage. I will not go to another game if this official is in charge as I am so furious at what happened tonight. Like the rest of you we knew this was going to happen and its not sour grapes. Has anyone got any idea of how we can make a joint complaint to the FAI?

dublinred
03/07/2010, 1:27 AM
Yes, I really thought that the stand was going to empty onto the pitch when the penalty wasn't given. I saw people on their feet that I didn't even know had legs.

Wish ye went for it , I had the misfortune of seeing Winter in Dalymount last year as well as numerous east coast performances before that he makes that danish guy look good.

red bellied
03/07/2010, 2:20 AM
That baldy ******* should never be let in our ground again plus either of his linesman especially the scrawny **** on the treacy avenue side.

rob mcdonald
03/07/2010, 8:24 AM
Richie Winter has always been a B.....d and anti Sligo and other non Dublin teams but how can you do anything about it, no point in contacting Kelly who is in charge of the officals as he is not even bothered going to games. Peers challange was out of order from where I was sitting and he should know better but how we did not get a penalty can only be explained by the fact that Winter only wanted one outcome and we had a serious chance of getting something out of the game at that stage. I will not go to another game if this official is in charge as I am so furious at what happened tonight. Like the rest of you we knew this was going to happen and its not sour grapes. Has anyone got any idea of how we can make a joint complaint to the FAI?

If you're going to complain email MNS and ask Mr Shamrock Rovers Damian Richardson to comment on the performance. The linesman on the Tracey Ave side had a perfect view of Sives holding Amond before and as a corner was been taken and then bottled flagging when Price pushed McEvilly as the ball was in the air. Winters is never going to change and its something we have to accept however it would be very interesting to hear the views on MNS. Peers tackle was bad but had Venter not scuffed his clearence like a 5 year old then peers wouldnt have hat omake the tackle. The 2 goals were basic defending where a centre half attacks the in coming cross and yet again Danny found wanting. He's as honest as they come but sadly lacking in the basic qualities and costs us each week. One plus was McEvilly who lokked dangerous and at least had a go at 3 very poor immobile defenders in Price Murray and Sives.

rob mcdonald
03/07/2010, 8:27 AM
Like Winters performance some of the tying is quailty and Ventre (Venter) got a name change!!!! lokked!!!

Rasputin
03/07/2010, 8:58 AM
Winters is really a disgusting specimen.

avvenalaf
03/07/2010, 10:11 AM
If you're going to complain email MNS and ask Mr Shamrock Rovers Damian Richardson to comment on the performance. The linesman on the Tracey Ave side had a perfect view of Sives holding Amond before and as a corner was been taken and then bottled flagging when Price pushed McEvilly as the ball was in the air. Winters is never going to change and its something we have to accept however it would be very interesting to hear the views on MNS. Peers tackle was bad but had Venter not scuffed his clearence like a 5 year old then peers wouldnt have hat omake the tackle. The 2 goals were basic defending where a centre half attacks the in coming cross and yet again Danny found wanting. He's as honest as they come but sadly lacking in the basic qualities and costs us each week. One plus was McEvilly who lokked dangerous and at least had a go at 3 very poor immobile defenders in Price Murray and Sives.

I know a girl working on the checkout in Tesco. She's as honest as they come but I'm not about to ask her to play centre half for Rovers.

Well Red
03/07/2010, 11:18 AM
I know a girl working on the checkout in Tesco. She's as honest as they come but I'm not about to ask her to play centre half for Rovers.

If the girl on the checkout in Tesco made crucial errors as often as Danny, she would be checked out

srfc1928
03/07/2010, 12:22 PM
It really is a sad situation when you know even before you go to the game you're going to be shafted.
Last night was a disgrace. The FAI, winters and co. have no respect for our football club. i have been going to the Showground for over 25 years, but last night I was asking myself why bother? But i'll be back just like they will be to screw us over again next game.

jc46
03/07/2010, 1:03 PM
I agree with all these comments about the ref. Questions must be asked about referees and linesmen activities in the bookie shops. I am fully convinced that there is something rotten in the system. I am going to rovers matches for 44 years and i can assure you that i was very close to breaching security and letting that conman referee know my feelings. What disappoints me is the way cook accepted these awful decisions without making his feelings known to that b......d. I forecast, that unless the FAI clean up their act with referees something very serious is going to happen at grounds. The showgrounds was a time bomb ready to go off last night and i have no hesitation in saying that i would be part of that device. The referees assessor was there and i made my feelings known to him. Sligo Rovers management should demand to see his report.

poster
03/07/2010, 1:08 PM
The referees assessor was there and i made my feelings known to him. Sligo Rovers management should demand to see his report.

Alot of people went to him last night, and he just smiled at them and nodded his head. He doesn't give a flying ****, he's getting paid. Winter could have given six penalties to Shams last night for Russell going over in their boxand he wouldn't give a damn. He certainly doesn't watch that spineless little coward Paul Deering anyway. He let O'Neill away with what he wanted to do last night.

srfc1928
03/07/2010, 1:16 PM
I agree with all these comments about the ref. Questions must be asked about referees and linesmen activities in the bookie shops. I am fully convinced that there is something rotten in the system. I am going to rovers matches for 44 years and i can assure you that i was very close to breaching security and letting that conman referee know my feelings. What disappoints me is the way cook accepted these awful decisions without making his feelings known to that b......d. I forecast, that unless the FAI clean up their act with referees something very serious is going to happen at grounds. The showgrounds was a time bomb ready to go off last night and i have no hesitation in saying that i would be part of that device. The referees assessor was there and i made my feelings known to him. Sligo Rovers management should demand to see his report. I was talking to Paul Cook after the match last night, believe me he was just as annoyed as everyone else.
What can he say to Winters thats going to make any difference, it only makes it worse,these guys are dieing to send him off.
I also gave the linesman on the Treacey Ave side a piece of mind, he turned around and started laughing and mouthing off at me while the game was going on.
I never wanted to hit someone so much.

jc46
03/07/2010, 1:51 PM
I was talking to Paul Cook after the match last night, believe me he was just as annoyed as everyone else.
What can he say to Winters thats going to make any difference, it only makes it worse,these guys are dieing to send him off.
I also gave the linesman on the Treacey Ave side a piece of mind, he turned around and started laughing and mouthing off at me while the game was going on.
I never wanted to hit someone so much.
Paul Deering was a wimp and a coward. O'Neill ran and controlled the show. He continually went outside designated area and used filthy language. Is Deering subjected to assessor's report also.? Years ago ,he subjected our then manager Sean Connor, to stricter control and even reported him to the ref. If memory serves me right, Connor was sent to the stand as a result. It seems O'Neill's intimidation pays and paid off last night.

jc46
03/07/2010, 1:55 PM
Sligo Rovers should refuse to play under Winter anymore and even if there are consequences as a result, so be it!. We will back them to the hilt. And while they are it, get rid of wimp Deering

CRFC&SRFC
03/07/2010, 2:04 PM
Sickening officiating last night.. Heard we requested a change in referee when officials were announced for this weeks games, but got nowhere with it.

kkontour
03/07/2010, 7:35 PM
I think our players are too honest. What our players need to do is go down and roll around screaming like a stuck pig when a hard challenge comes in. Other teams do it, and refs buy it. Bookings galore. Winter always reacts to theatrics, so we should use that like the opposition do. Maybe that would even thing up.
We need a simulation coach.

dublinred
03/07/2010, 9:39 PM
I thought we did that already which makes it amazing winter was in charge as mentioned elsewhe
re it gos back to a game in drogheda last year

dong
04/07/2010, 4:10 PM
He continually went outside designated area and used filthy language. .

Ah come on lads.
This is the reason most people use the other forum at this stage. Whatever about dodgy decisions and so on it's embarrassing to see comments like this. Most managers carry on in this way. Paul Cook more than anybody.:o

poster
04/07/2010, 9:48 PM
Most managers carry on in this way. Paul Cook more than anybody.:o

Ridiculous. Cook doesn't try and start arguments with other benches and react to away fans at every opportunity with foul outbursts, does he??

sligored
05/07/2010, 11:01 PM
in case anyone wants to know damien mcgrath (from mayo ) was on the treacy avenue stand doing linesman badly as per usual and that compelete finn harps pri*k terence moyne was on the jinks avenue stand for last fridays match- both uefa accedited officials - what a laugh

srfc1928
06/07/2010, 3:53 PM
Same old story............The Terence and Richie show, (around 1 min in)
http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2367746.smil