PDA

View Full Version : tea party??

Acornvilla
01/07/2010, 12:54 PM
seen something about this in the paper,

tea party in the goal post, what exactly is happening there, is it a fundraiser or what?, i live 5 minutes away and that was the first time i heard anything about it?

outspoken
01/07/2010, 2:03 PM
seen something about this in the paper,

tea party in the goal post, what exactly is happening there, is it a fundraiser or what?, i live 5 minutes away and that was the first time i heard anything about it?

its been advertised in paper a good few weeks now but yes it is a fundraiser not exactly sure how it works though :(

Longfordian
01/07/2010, 3:01 PM
Everyone gets off their head on pills and smashes up the place I'd say.

Acornvilla
01/07/2010, 4:48 PM
well other than pill and whatnot anyone in the know care to explain to me what will be happening?

i might go so would be nice to know whats happening and if its worth my while..

sorbothegreek
01/07/2010, 4:54 PM
It's €10 in and it's a fundraiser. It kicks off at around 9 i think.

People will be mostly sitting round drinking tea and eating sandwiches, there will be a band though i do not know who.

The conversation will be broadly football based.

Macy
02/07/2010, 8:52 AM
When's this drinking sandwiches, eating pills and smashing up tea taking place? Sunday or Saturday after the match?

Acornvilla
02/07/2010, 10:23 AM
sunday

Macy
02/07/2010, 10:43 AM
Nice one, should get in for post match pints so!

Acornvilla
02/07/2010, 12:41 PM
Nice one, should get in for post match pints so!

my taughts exactly :D

the team don't go to pv's after matches anymore no?

Martinho II
02/07/2010, 6:01 PM

i believe this stopped this season acornvilla!

outspoken
02/07/2010, 10:24 PM

probably better off let them go home and relax after a hard nights work

Longfordian
02/07/2010, 11:12 PM
The players never really wanted to do it anyway over the years and the numbers going in these days wouldn't justify the pub giving any sponsorship for the privilege of hosting them. It worked well for a while and it was good for the fans to meet players and vice versa. An occasional attendance at a fundraiser during the season may be no harm though if it were to be arranged.

Acornvilla
03/07/2010, 3:46 AM
was just asking because i started working there again after a few years absence,

yeah i'v moved up in the world, i'm no longer peddling the devils wares and killing people with my head shops, i'm only selling alcohol now :D