PDA

View Full Version : Limerick vs Waterford.

Jofspring
30/06/2010, 6:46 PM
Very big game here. I expect the other teams around us to pick up 3 points this weekend so this is a vital game. If Waterford win we are talking about a six point gap but if we do we are level. I think this could turn into a cracker. The weather is going to put a bit of a dampener on the crowd but i'd still be hopeful of the 800 mark. I'd be hoping Scully will be starting the same team for this as he did last friday barr maybe one or two changes. Maybe O Leary in for Lyons if he's injured and Rogers in for Boylers. O'Flynn probably isn't match fit as it was mentioned before he is trying to get full fit so Kavanagh and Tierney to stay up front. If he is match fit i'd like Kav pushed out to the wing and O'Flynn and Tierney up front. Although Tracy scored last week i think there is no harm leaving him out as other players have been performing better.

I'm going to go for 2-2.

bluewhitearmy
30/06/2010, 7:29 PM
Very big game here. I expect the other teams around us to pick up 3 points this weekend so this is a vital game. If Waterford win we are talking about a six point gap but if we do we are level. I think this could turn into a cracker. The weather is going to put a bit of a dampener on the crowd but i'd still be hopeful of the 800 mark. I'd be hoping Scully will be starting the same team for this as he did last friday barr maybe one or two changes. Maybe O Leary in for Lyons if he's injured and Rogers in for Boylers. O'Flynn probably isn't match fit as it was mentioned before he is trying to get full fit so Kavanagh and Tierney to stay up front. If he is match fit i'd like Kav pushed out to the wing and O'Flynn and Tierney up front. Although Tracy scored last week i think there is no harm leaving him out as other players have been performing better.

I'm going to go for 2-2.

Id take a draw in this alright.

I reckon Steve will be on the bench with Clarke and JT up front as i think Kav is suspended.

thomas72
30/06/2010, 7:58 PM

I reckon Steve will be on the bench with Clarke and JT up front as i think Kav is suspended.

lads the days of taking draws are over look at the squad of players we have now we are at home FFS not away we should be looking at 3pts friday night if were serious about promotion.

ill go 3-1 limerick :D

serpico
30/06/2010, 9:35 PM

I'm going to go for 2-2.
i thought john boyle was playing well.why would you bring in rogers?:bad:

serpico
30/06/2010, 9:38 PM
lads the days of taking draws are over look at the squad of players we have now we are at home FFS not away we should be looking at 3pts friday night if were serious about promotion.

ill go 3-1 limerick :D

youre dead right tom.waterford will probably be happy with a draw alright,ye expecting a big crowd down there friday night.if ye cant get a crowd for that game then i dont know if ye will at all this season.

bluewhitearmy
30/06/2010, 9:46 PM
i thought john boyle was playing well.why would you bring in rogers?:bad:

Because Boylers isn't a left back and Rogers is one of the best defenders in the division.

Lim till i die
30/06/2010, 10:54 PM
I'd take the draw, we're not as gelled as Waherfurr.

Having said that, if we draw Salthill and Wexford are kinda must wins!!!

abbeyvale
30/06/2010, 11:22 PM
I'd take the draw, we're not as gelled as Waherfurr.

Having said that, if we draw Salthill and Wexford are kinda must wins!!!

LFC 2-1 WUFC (Tierney & Clarke) Att: 900

bluewhitearmy
01/07/2010, 10:54 AM
No Kav,Judge or Hughes for this one all 3 suspended.

Not sure if Yellow is fit after going off against Cork.

Castletroy_Blue
01/07/2010, 7:00 PM
Think we will win this 2-1. Hopefully we see some Rogers and Steve O tomorrow night. After beating Cork, and drawing with Derry away recently, this will be another good indicator as to how well we have come on.

Castletroy_Blue
01/07/2010, 7:01 PM
Ah who am I kidding. We will trash them 412-0 and walk this tin pot league. :D

ped_ped
02/07/2010, 10:05 PM
0 - 0, awful refereeing, okay performance. Stevo had a few chances when he came on, Waterford finished with 10.

[/match report]

serpico
02/07/2010, 10:29 PM
0 - 0, awful refereeing, okay performance. Stevo had a few chances when he came on, Waterford finished with 10.

[/match report]
was there many there and what was the team.were you there thomas.

thomas72
02/07/2010, 10:34 PM

[/match report]

i will tell ye why limerick wont get promoted simple really its the thing the LDMC like to call a pitch.
its the worst pitch iv seen in a long time shocking you could see the sand kicking up off the surface when players were running the field was not even cut it had bald patches of sand all over it. THE LDMC are a complete joke of all the money there raping off clubs with there 4 yellow card fines etc etc you think they would look after the field every single person i was talking to could not get over the state the field was in. its killing limerick they like to pop the ball around but cant do it on that surface sooner we are out of that hole the better :mad:

serpico
02/07/2010, 10:44 PM
i will tell ye why limerick wont get promoted simple really its the thing the LDMC like to call a pitch.
its the worst pitch iv seen in a long time shocking you could see the sand kicking up off the surface when players were running the field was not even cut it had bald patches of sand all over it. THE LDMC are a complete joke of all the money there raping off clubs with there 4 yellow card fines etc etc you think they would look after the field every single person i was talking to could not get over the state the field was in. its killing limerick they like to pop the ball around but cant do it on that surface sooner we are out of that hole the better :mad:

i thought limerick had a groundsman working in there.i agree the pitch is a disgrace towards some of the junior clubs pitches even yere own is better than that,and that is a new pitch which is still maturing.limerick cannot put money into the pitch during their off season because the junior clubs use it then,so its a no win situation,they'll just have to get on with it.what's the story with willy john tom,is he finished or is he still going to give it a go.

thomas72
02/07/2010, 11:00 PM
i thought limerick had a groundsman working in there.i agree the pitch is a disgrace towards some of the junior clubs pitches even yere own is better than that,and that is a new pitch which is still maturing.limerick cannot put money into the pitch during their off season because the junior clubs use it then,so its a no win situation,they'll just have to get on with it.what's the story with willy john tom,is he finished or is he still going to give it a go.

i dont know pal to be honest but if he did im sure everyone would understand

ped_ped
02/07/2010, 11:07 PM
Especially when it's not in use, it needs to be maintained. I agree it was an absolute disgrace, and Limerick are losing out because we have the players to play good football if the pitch was in good condition (apparently Turner's Cross suited us last week, yeah?) . . .

Needs to be sorted.

That said I think we'll beat enough of the mid-table teams at home to keep us in the fight. The Derry's Cork's and such will be the problem with the shocking state of Jackman.

On a positive: Stevo's back and looks like when he gets going will be back to last season's form :)

Jofspring
02/07/2010, 11:28 PM
Especially when it's not in use, it needs to be maintained. I agree it was an absolute disgrace, and Limerick are losing out because we have the players to play good football if the pitch was in good condition (apparently Turner's Cross suited us last week, yeah?) . . .

Needs to be sorted.

That said I think we'll beat enough of the mid-table teams at home to keep us in the fight. The Derry's Cork's and such will be the problem with the shocking state of Jackman.

On a positive: Stevo's back and looks like when he gets going will be back to last season's form :)

Now i know we can't exactly complain cause we don't have a pitch of our own but seriously what happened the pitch? Only a few weeks ago against Finn Harps it wasn't in half the state and i don't think there has been any games on it recently. Its like they put down weedkiller, burnt half the pitch with it and then threw down a load of sand. Its the worst ive seen it over the last 3 or 4 seasons and definately the worst pitch in LOI football including the A league. When you compare Jackman with Terryland park it really shows how far behind Limerick and the LDMC are.

Ya turners suited them down to the ground last week.

Targetman
02/07/2010, 11:46 PM
was there many there and what was the team.were you there thomas.

Team was Ryan, Deady, Rodgers, Purcell, Kelly, Tracy, White, Yellow, Kiely, Tierney, Clarke. Attendance: 610

Limerick were the better team and created more clear cut chances. Tierney prob should have had a goal in the first half, that aside he played very well. Rodgers looks a very good addition, good on the ball and very composed. Kiely look decent as well, worked hard all game. I was surprised to see Clarke go off, he was playing very well at the time, but when you are looking for a goal and have a player of Stevo's calibre on the bench I suppose it’s understandable. He looked all right when he came on, linked up with JT well. Scully will have a hard time picking his two starting strikers now. Our main problem though is our centre midfield in my opinion. I know that the pitch didn’t allow it but I didn’t see one attack set up or run come from the centre of the park. Ref was a joke as well, Waterford players throwing elbows the whole night and not a thing done about it. Disappointing to draw, still though was vital that we didn’t loose this game and sets us up nicely for the games against Salthill and Wexford, where we will have to take all 6 points if there is any ambitions of promotion.

Poolman
03/07/2010, 12:12 AM

jesus you would take a draw at home bluewhitearmy you have got to try win your home games for promotion.

Poolman
03/07/2010, 12:31 AM
The pitch was poor but you cant blame the pitch for not getting a result, we had chances to win the match and didnt take them i was suprised to see clark taking off caused waterford alot of problems on the ground and he was up against two very good centre halfs i was impressed with hes all round attitude he looked sharp, i would make room for o flynn,tierney and clark, i dont think shane tracey is a left sided player anymore hes pace is gone but he does work hard, tierney is quicker than ben johnson, pat purcell looked liked Alan hansen, rodgers looks on the snail side.

thomas72
03/07/2010, 6:26 AM
Now i know we can't exactly complain cause we don't have a pitch of our own but seriously what happened the pitch? Only a few weeks ago against Finn Harps it wasn't in half the state and i don't think there has been any games on it recently. Its like they put down weedkiller, burnt half the pitch with it and then threw down a load of sand. Its the worst ive seen it over the last 3 or 4 seasons and definately the worst pitch in LOI football including the A league. When you compare Jackman with Terryland park it really shows how far behind Limerick and the LDMC are.

Ya turners suited them down to the ground last week.

jofspring id go as far as saying that premier legue clubs in town has better pitches all of them even star rovers (no offence abbey) pitch is better than that and im not joking and look were there field is and they still manage to look after it. the limerick board need to call a meeting with the LDMC and tell them sort it out otherwise limerick should pack up and move up to the pike field or fairview club for the rest of the season two fields like carpets it would really benifit limerick. everyone seen what limerick did in cork on a carpet like surface they passed cork off the pitch.

Jofspring
03/07/2010, 11:02 AM
Totally agree with you Thomas. Limerick wouldn't be able to change their pitch now even if they wanted though. I was out at Hogan Park recently and although the pitch is a bit bumpy and its in need of a clean up arount it the pitch was actually in far better nick than Jackman last night. Limerick are paying for Jackman so the pitch should be in better condition than that. In saying that the groundsman is Limericks as far as i know.

Its not just Limerick its affecting either. The Junior clubs should have a decent pitch that they can look forward to playing on.

LK37oldskool
03/07/2010, 12:03 PM
The pitch was a disgrace last night,thought i was watchin beach soccer :cool:.On the plus side Keily looks good,has pace and works hard.when he's fully match fit and used to the team set up he'll be a great asset.Stevo looked good but a bit of the pace yet.Young O'leary looks fantastic,eeven though he only got 15 min or so.His first touch and vision are awesome,some prospect there. Hoping for a goal fest next week.:D

fieldofmarkets
03/07/2010, 12:23 PM
That pitch could keep us from going up. If it was a better surface I think we'd have taken 3 points lastnight (at least we'd have had a better chance anyway)....so many times Tierney had the ball going forward and he almost knew he was wasting his time trying to dribble or place a pass, they looked hesitant when a pass was on cause it was liable to go anywhere. We might have to see two teams for the rest of the season, long balls up to Stevo at home & JT, Kavanagh & O'Leary playing football away.

Bonovox
03/07/2010, 12:29 PM
Totally agree with you Thomas. Limerick wouldn't be able to change their pitch now even if they wanted though. I was out at Hogan Park recently and although the pitch is a bit bumpy and its in need of a clean up arount it the pitch was actually in far better nick than Jackman last night. Limerick are paying for Jackman so the pitch should be in better condition than that. In saying that the groundsman is Limericks as far as i know.

Its not just Limerick its affecting either. The Junior clubs should have a decent pitch that they can look forward to playing on.

http://limerickfc.ie/clubinfo/clubinfo.html

Grounds Man:
Ralph McMahon

gael353
03/07/2010, 4:03 PM
agree with all about the pitch, it was very poor and was only sanded the other day instead of three weeks ago. the groundsman has a thankless job as there are no water sprinkler system and the grass just burnt up with the recent good weather..... and now for the reason we didnt win last night.................stuart Templeman, prob the worst ref in the League of Ireland. I think he was miffed as he didnt have to ref the monaghan game and only had the short trip from Tralee @78c per km :rolleyes:

bluewhitearmy
03/07/2010, 4:30 PM
jesus you would take a draw at home bluewhitearmy you have got to try win your home games for promotion.

Cant win em all playing 2nd in the league and we are better away from home tbh so i was happy with a draw.

Poolman
03/07/2010, 5:11 PM
Guys the pitch didnt suit Waterford they are a very good side, limerick will have to do with jackman for the rest of the season forget about fairgreen,pike, or the boro i think they are doing up there pitch.

Jofspring
03/07/2010, 5:18 PM
Guys the pitch didnt suit Waterford they are a very good side, limerick will have to do with jackman for the rest of the season forget about fairgreen,pike, or the boro i think they are doing up there pitch.

Thats probably why Waterford struggled as well. Its against the lower teams that will come and put everyone behind the ball where Limerick will really struggle on that pitch. Its hard enough to play on it at the moment but with teams coming looking for a draw it will be even harder.

Poolman
03/07/2010, 5:28 PM
Thats probably why Waterford struggled as well. Its against the lower teams that will come and put everyone behind the ball where Limerick will really struggle on that pitch. Its hard enough to play on it at the moment but with teams coming looking for a draw it will be even harder.
I was disappointed with the attendance very poor, do supporters have to pay extra to go into the stand? im not to sure with rodgers 35 now.

bluewhitearmy
03/07/2010, 5:36 PM
I was disappointed with the attendance very poor, do supporters have to pay extra to go into the stand? im not to sure with rodgers 35 now.

Still one the best defenders in the division. And we need the experience.

Jofspring
03/07/2010, 6:55 PM

Not a great attendance but still better than usual. If Limerick can keep the results going good then we will start to see decent crowds above. Rogers had a shaky start but settled in well after that. Its 2euro extra into the stand has been since last season when they where put in by the LDMC.

Poolman
04/07/2010, 6:18 AM
[QUOTE=Jofspring;1372815]Not a great attendance but still better than usual. If Limerick can keep the results going good then we will start to see decent crowds above. Rogers had a shaky start but settled in well after that. Its 2euro extra into the stand has been since last season when they where put in by the LDMC.[/QUOT
lads paying extra two euro to use the stand in jackman park lacks alittle class, you pay 10 or 12 at the gate and buy stuf at the ground raffle ticket etc should be enough.

bluewhitearmy
04/07/2010, 11:43 AM
It was 12 quid to get in last year its now 12 quid to get into the stand and 10 to get in and not go into to the stand so prices have come down to just get in and stayed the same to get into the stand.

15 to get in some places in the league so i wont complain.

blue til i die
04/07/2010, 11:21 PM
Pitch was a disgrace, ref was awful for both teams, tho we probably got a few more wrong decision in our favour :D

We started well but didnt do much after the opening 20/25 mins. Very impressed with the two guys playing up front for ye, pretty much made a mockery of our central defence.

Rogers and Purcell looked good too although we just pumped balls up to them to head away, proper football goes out the window on a pitch like that.

Has the pitch always been that bad?

osarusan
04/07/2010, 11:24 PM
Has the pitch always been that bad?
It has never been great, but never anything near as bad as that. LDMC own the pitch, and as they're in the off-season, a combination of 2 weeks of dry weather, little watering, and tonnes of sand being spread on it on Tuesday or Wednesday resulted in what we saw on Friday.

Partizan
05/07/2010, 2:32 PM
agree with all about the pitch, it was very poor and was only sanded the other day instead of three weeks ago. the groundsman has a thankless job as there are no water sprinkler system and the grass just burnt up with the recent good weather..... and now for the reason we didnt win last night.................stuart Templeman, prob the worst ref in the League of Ireland. I think he was miffed as he didnt have to ref the monaghan game and only had the short trip from Tralee @78c per km :rolleyes:

I think I was talking to you on Friday night. I was the chap with the vuvuzela. You are spot on about Templeman. God damn awful ref if ever I saw one and the pitch resembled the pock marked No-Man's Land during the Somme. I was expecting a bigger crowd that that. I think the pitch contributed to destroying the game as it precluded both sides from playing it on the floor. LDMC need a goos talking to after that shambles of a playing surface.

Whats the story with the Markets? One Lims fan I was talking to told me that it was a done deal despite the match programme saying otherwise. Can anyone clarify this?

Monkfish
06/07/2010, 2:44 AM
forget about fairgreen,pike, or the boro i think they are doing up there pitch.

Wont matter, you cant just change ground half way through the season, only solution is to get back to our spiritual home and sort out our own pitch.

God I miss Hogan Park.

Pitch/ref/crowd were all poor. If Stevo was a little sharper he would have had 2 in the net. His touch, awareness and movement are there already.