PDA

View Full Version : Liveline - Alan Hunter - Wibble Wibble !!

A face
14/04/2004, 1:31 PM
What is the story ..... he has been on Prime Time last night .... Gerry Ryan this morning ...... Liveline today ....... what is the verdict ...... loop the loop or fruit and nut cake ??

max power
14/04/2004, 1:34 PM
there is already another thread on this "spokesman" he was on spin in dublin as well

lopez
14/04/2004, 2:27 PM
What is the story ..... he has been on Prime Time last night .... Gerry Ryan this morning ...... Liveline today ....... what is the verdict ...... loop the loop or fruit and nut cake ?? He's the cooooooolest guy I've ever seen! :D

eoinh
14/04/2004, 2:29 PM
Alan Hunter has appeared more on RTE this season than the whole Eircom league combined! It tells you a lot about our PUBLIC BROADCASTING SERVICE.

Whenever i think about RTE it makes me want to puke. Their coverage of the champions league is a disgrace - purely aimed at ****s who go to pubs and have never visited a football stadium (sorry soccer stadium) in their lives. What with Iraqi Bill hosting proceedings who could ask for more. With the sports departemnt been handed down from father to son it seems that it depends on which social class you come from which is the most important prerequisite to get your sport on their sorry excuse for a service.

Excuse me, im off to get sick in a bucket. Annoyed, VERY ANNOYED.

Looking forward to more Hockey/

Gabrieal Egan you seem competent ........ get yourself out of there while you still can.

Éanna
14/04/2004, 2:32 PM
spot on eoinh. can't argue with a word of that

NeilMcD
14/04/2004, 2:34 PM
This guy is a sham, Why does the reall supporter association not have a guy on talking about it. This guy is a fool and even if he was coming out supporting keane i would be saying that. His arguments are so all over the place and he who does he represent.

petef
14/04/2004, 2:51 PM
Pull any punches did he?

Ozymandias
14/04/2004, 2:56 PM
classic petef..nice one

I nearly collapsed with laughter when he punched his hand last night looking at Dunphy........he must have the same tailor as darren Clarke....I thought they buried that aran cardigan with Tommy Makem

he is a self appointed Gob ****e...but great entertainment though.... :p

drummerboy
14/04/2004, 2:57 PM
This guy Alan Hunter must be well got in RTE because he's never off it. I've never even seen him at an eircom league match, so how can he claim to talk for Irish football supporters.

Speaking of Liveline there was this guy on who has not missed a home international since the day John Giles made his debut in 1958, anyway he says he's never going to watch Ireland play again if Keane does come back. Wonder if he's willing to sell his ticket for the Romania game. Anyone got his number?

NeilMcD
14/04/2004, 2:58 PM
The Republic of Ireland Soccer Supporters Club would like it to be known that it has no connection of any kind with the Irish Football Supporters Association and also that their spokesperson Alan Hunter has no authority to speak on our behalf.
The Committee
ROISSC

Footie_Fan
14/04/2004, 3:22 PM
I am still laughing last night after his appearance on the Primetime. How that clown can show his face today let alone get on two radio shows is unbelievable. The man is the laughing stock of the country.

I missed the Gerry Ryan Show. Can anyone fill me in?

max power
14/04/2004, 3:25 PM
gerry ryan show was a rant at dunphy and he was going on saying what gives dunphy the right to talk about football, this coming from him, i almost crashed laughing...

liveline was better, he was going on about keane and his angermanagement problems and derck davis stops him and says, "with your fist waving on prime time last night i think you have anger management problems " :D

Ozymandias
14/04/2004, 3:28 PM
he was on the gerry ryan show and claimed that he was elected by hundreds of members and that he is elected every year.....dunphy was busting his balls laiughing at him...he has won all the elections for the last ten years and when he left Gerry and dunphy reckoned he was of to count some votes...he is a nutcase..great entertainment though I haven't laughed as much in a long time....he was shouting things as well about a referendum is required on the keane affair....

referendum...civil war......scars and open wounds.....the guy mentioned them all...what a gimp

Footie_Fan
14/04/2004, 5:31 PM
derck davis stops him and says, "with your fist waving on prime time last night i think you have anger management problems " :D

:D
Fair play to Davis.

The Legend
14/04/2004, 5:42 PM
If there's a Civil War, the first and last shot should be aimed at his own head!

liamon
15/04/2004, 8:16 AM
Don't know why RTE bother to let him on as no one takes him seriously.
Today FM were taking the p*ss out of him on Gift Grub this morning.

patsh
15/04/2004, 5:40 PM
I have to say that the PrimeTime piece was the funniest bit of TV I've seen in a long time.... :D
I detest Dunphy, but he just sat back and let the two buckos show themselves to be the assh*les they are. We all know where Dunphy is coming from, but very few would have known that Byrne's tongue is also buried up his idol's h*le.
I remember Byrne's columns going back over the years, and could never understand why he was employed by the IT. (Then again, they also employ Malone... :( ). Absolutley worshipful, adoring pieces, never a hint of dissent from Peter, no matter how bads things had gone. I thought he would explode when Dunphy pointed out that Duff had said something about being happy for Keane to come back.
As for Hunter, the men in the white coats can't be too far away. The reason RTE have him on is because he fulfills their comedy quota, without costing a penny....To quote Brian..."Mad Stuff".... :D :D

eoinh
15/04/2004, 6:05 PM
I thought Dunphy was just as silly as the other two to be honest.

Footie_Fan
15/04/2004, 6:25 PM
Great great telly.

True. The stuff of legend. Only on RTE!

pete
16/04/2004, 11:15 AM
Didn't see the show last night but not sure if that a good thing or not.

At this stage seems like half the media treat Hunter as THE authority on irish football fans & half treat him as the lunatic he is.

Sadest thing is that people not knowledgable about football think he actually stands for something.

I'm guessing he got 99% of his "members" votes? Maybe we should all (10 would probably do) apply to join his association so he'd have to have an election ;)

eoinh
16/04/2004, 11:25 AM
Didn't see the show last night but not sure if that a good thing or not.

Heres (http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=91456&messageid=1081942710) the link to it.