PDA

View Full Version : Boulogne-Sur-Mer

osarusan
28/06/2010, 10:16 PM
I know this section is for holidays, not actual living experience, but has anybody ever been there and able to comment on it in any way? I'm mulling over a prospective job opening there. It's a decent job, but not sure about the place itself.

John83
28/06/2010, 10:49 PM
I don't know the place, but if you're young and unattached, go for it. You can always leave if you don't like it.

culloty82
29/06/2010, 11:37 AM
Beside the Channel, so handy for travelling to London or Paris, wouldn't know anything abour the actual town, but at least you're faring better than most with the job offer.

Closed Account 2
16/07/2010, 9:48 AM
I've been there, around 7 years ago. It's ok, but a bit cold and dull, having said that you can get to Lille (about 60km) in less than an hour and that is a great place, Paris would be around 4 hours drive but you could do it in about 3 hours on the train - which if you booked early wouldnt be that expensive.

The boat to Dover takes a bit longer from Boulogne-sm than from Calais as it's more of a diagonal route (so its about 1h 45m), if you have a car you could drive to Calais in less than 30 mins and should be able to take the shuttle from there if you wanted to get to England.

Once you're in any part of France you can get trains and visit the nicer bits (e.g. Paris, Bordeaux) or drive there.

paul_oshea
18/01/2011, 9:37 PM
osa, its one of the most boring places ive ever been, quite desolate for a town, even if that doesn't seem possible.

To be honest i find that with a lot of normandy, especially by the sea, they all have port town feels about them