PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear

Sheridan
14/04/2004, 12:34 PM
No ratings today. Ratings seem irrelevant after a game like that, as does football itself. Like an unusually bad First Division game. The eL should add another relegation spot, just to make sure Derry go down if we do finish bottom.

It was one of those frustrating matches where you just wanted to race onto the pitch and start throwing tackles in, just to get people going. No real shape to the team. It's hard even to find a relevant criticism to level at the manager or players. Let's just hope it was a one-off, because on our form so far this season we're more than capable of staying up.

Maynard
14/04/2004, 12:53 PM
Left Tolka last night feeling as if I'd been kicked in the stomach.
Don't feel all that much better now either to be honest...
Terrible performance, particularly second half.
We've really made things difficult for us now. I know there's still 30 odd games left to play, but we already have shot ourselves in the foot.
Dreading the Drogheda game now, if last nights performance is an idea of how we play when we know we need to win.

As an aside I hope Ray Scully isn't too badly hurt, he looked banjaxed going off. And I thought Philly Hughes was one of the few lively players we had, great work rate.
Our "finishing"...oh I won't even start...

Ringo
15/04/2004, 10:45 AM
We need to stay positive. ( i was very negitive on Tuesday!!!!). We need to get behind the team. Its up to everyone involved in the club to rally around.

Ringo
17/04/2004, 4:51 PM
Oh dear :(

Sheridan
17/04/2004, 5:00 PM
Oh dear :(
Come on boys, chin up. Thursday can be the turning point. Get as many people as you can, by any means you can, to attend, we MUST make some attempt to get a semi-decent crowd for this game And get behind the lads, a handful of blokes and a drum does not represent vocal support. Even I'll join in, and you all know how reserved I am. If we can get Toccy back, get Brennan raiding down the left and if Gary O'Neill puts in the same kind of performance he did against Pat's and Shels, we can do them.

COME ON THE VIKINGS!

Maynard
17/04/2004, 5:54 PM
I'll be there on Thursday. But I imagine it'll be a minor miracle for me to convice anyone else to come and watch us at this point.
So far my bro is the only person who's had the fortitude to come back (hasn't missed a home game yet actually).
Everyone else I've brought hasn't really had much value for money to be fair.
Pretty dire games, no goals and defeats kinda sums up what we've been producing (bar St Pats game)
As much as I'm trying to look on the bright side I think we need some tangible results to get the spirits up again.
Lets hope Thursday is the start of it.

Ringo
18/04/2004, 7:37 AM
Our performances are being compounded by the wins our rivals for relegation. Hopefully some of them will hit a bad patch & we’ll hit a good one.

Ringo
22/04/2004, 7:02 AM
[QUOTE=. Even I'll join in, and you all know how reserved I am. COME ON THE VIKINGS![/QUOTE]

let's here you tonight!!!!!!!

GavinZac
23/04/2004, 10:30 AM
Come on "Super Saints" and "Rebel Army" are almost as bad as that.

Sheridan
23/04/2004, 12:18 PM
Yeah but gav, no self -respecting Pats fan uses the term "super saints" , you lot chant " pat dolans REBEL ARMY" for long periods! Brainwashed by Doaln. But the "Vikings" is surely the worst :)
Vikings is really just a convenient secondary reference for match reports and the like. I just shout "City" at the games ;)

ConfusedBlue
26/04/2004, 3:15 PM
Our performances are being compounded by the wins our rivals for relegation. Hopefully some of them will hit a bad patch & we’ll hit a good one.
Do ye actually have any rivals for the relegation spot?????????????

Ringo
26/04/2004, 6:07 PM
At the end of the day were only 2 wins behind the the middle ranking teams. There's a lot of football left to be played.