Right here we go again,
my best team has changed his last week , no wonder pat has trouble

flynny fenn

nwankwo sweeney callaghan doyle

murphy bennett murray o halloran/horgan

devine

Ruairi
14/04/2004, 11:35 AM
i duuno, i don't think colin can be left out. he's been our most consistent player so far and he's always getting stuck in and generally working his ****** off.

with flynny injured i'd argue the case to have sweeny in the middle with colin on the right, it might sacrafice a bit of width but imo it'd be worth it to have two grafters winning ball and breaking up play

Éanna
14/04/2004, 11:52 AM
Devine
Greg Benno Dan Murphy

Doyle Colin George Nwankwo

(a fit) Flynn Fenn

at the moment. When hoggy and stevo are back it could change, likewise if dan doesn't get back to form

BOF
14/04/2004, 11:52 AM
IMO we are playing too many forwards in the team--and 2 of them are out of position!! I think the accomodation of Fenn has unbalanced the team. We need O'Flynn/Georgie up front It wasnt broke last season so why fix it this season. The defence seems more solid---the back 4 were good against SPA and I thought they did OK against a good $h€l$ side. The first OG was a killer and the game was over from then on.

So that leaves the midfield. On current form alone Nwankwo has got to start. Colin is playing well so he starts. There seems to be general agreement that we need a strong tackling defensive midfielder. Greg? Sweeney? or what about Billy Woods (big, strong and 2 footed)? Sit him in front of Dan and Benno and instruct him to win the ball and pass it to George!! That leaves the right hand side of midfield. Doyler is in posession but was poor on monday and didnt set inchicore alight on friday either. And hes a striker. So perhaps we need someone for the right midfield berth.

Players should be played in their best positions and not played all over the place depending on who is injured or what happened in the previous week.

brendan

tiktok
14/04/2004, 12:23 PM
at the moment (assuming flynn isn't fit)

Devine
Greg Benno Murray Murphy
Doyle Sweeney Colin Nwankwo
George Fenn

razor
14/04/2004, 1:35 PM
McNulty
Greg - Willie - Benno - Danny Murph
Doyle - Sweeney - Nwanko - Woods
George - Fenn

Neil
14/04/2004, 1:45 PM
McNulty
Greg - Willie - Benno - Danny Murph
Doyle - Sweeney - Nwanko - Woods
George - Fenn

Good line-up.
I'd leave Murray in instead of Byrne though.
And Devine instead of Mark.

Even if Flynny isin't injured I'd drop him anyway. He's short of confidence.

b_mcsweeney
14/04/2004, 4:43 PM
for me it'd be

devine
greg - benno - dan murray - dan murphy
colin t - george - defensive midfielder - nwanku
doyle - fenn

few assumptions to that team
- dan murray realises the season has actually got underway and starts to play
- JOF is dropped to recover from injury / build up fitness
- we have a defensive midfield player (not seen enough of sweeney to be convinced, if we don't have one we should sign somebody asap)

Gary
14/04/2004, 5:59 PM
As I dont think Flynn is fully fit, heres my tuppence worth

Devine

Murph...Benno....Murray....Greg

Colin ....Nwanko...Sweeney....Doyle

George....Fenn

That said when the O Flynn are fit, Id have John in there for Fenn,

Colin moved into the middle for Sweeney,

and S O Flynn on the left.