PDA

View Full Version : Pat Burke

bigfoot
14/04/2004, 10:50 AM
How is Pat Burke doing? I seen him in the Collingwood Cup and he looked a class act! Has he faetured in the first team this season?

pineapple stu
14/04/2004, 12:23 PM
He played his first first-team game in 1½ years on Friday. He's had serious injury problems since September '02 and hasn't featured at all. Looked alright in pre-season though.

bigfoot
14/04/2004, 12:57 PM
Is gonna be a mid-fielder or a center forward??

Schumi
14/04/2004, 1:31 PM
He's played in midfield any time he's been on this season: off the bench against Galway on Friday and a friendly.

2Cool
14/04/2004, 1:35 PM
he came on and played just behind podge on fri, didn't do much but wasnt on for long. cant really see how he is going to break in to the team to be honest, even though the lads who i know that have played with him for the 21's and inters rate him very highly

Schumi
14/04/2004, 2:24 PM
We've very little cover for midfield though so I'd say an injury to Tony Mac or Sean Finn and he'd be in the team.

John83
16/04/2004, 4:21 PM
We've very little cover for midfield though so I'd say an injury to Tony Mac or Sean Finn and he'd be in the team.I'd have thought an injury to Tony Mac would see MacNally push up into midfield. I could see Burke replacing Finn though.

CollegeTillIDie
18/04/2004, 2:23 PM
Well Tony McDonnell was injured against Monaghan not sure how bad it is, so perhaps the answer to the where will Pat Burke play question may be solved in Newbridge on Saturday. Having said all that Tony Mc is nigh on irreplaceable. No one else comes near him in terms of presence on the park .

And the only remotely tall players we have this season are a bit on the inexperienced side.

Nice to see Robbie Martin finally get in to the top 10 all time club goalscorers list. He needs another 38 to set a new record mind you.

And I think as well it is about time someone broke the 14 League goals in a season barrier, Pat Mc, Willie D and Robbie Martin... it's over to you

:ball: :p

CollegeTillIDie
18/04/2004, 2:25 PM
John 83

For the record Pat Burke was injured in his comeback playing in the 2003 Collingwood Cup for UCD . Just to clear up that one. SO he was sidelined for approx 12 months in all.

John83
19/04/2004, 12:39 PM
John 83

For the record Pat Burke was injured in his comeback playing in the 2003 Collingwood Cup for UCD . Just to clear up that one. SO he was sidelined for approx 12 months in all.Eh, what exactly is this clearing up? All I said was that I didn't think Mahon would play Finn and Burke in the middle together.