PDA

View Full Version : What a load of manure.

Wiseguy
14/04/2004, 7:57 AM
6 games in and not a decent performance in sight.Last nite was a fcuking shambles.Under the great influence of A. Matthews yet again deployed appawling tactics which contributed in getting our keeper sent off."Everyone run up the pitch when Adamson kicks the ball out,that'll catch them out" and what was he thinking taking off a midfielder instead of Crap Keegan for Dempsey.I foresee serious problems ahead unless things change now.We just can't carry on like this.Unless it's just me i think Pip should be replaced with John Martin and Levine should be up front with Barrett.Paul Keegan isn't good enough and i don't know what is going on with Pip.I think the Team should be
Digger
Murph Barry Paiso Prunty
Kirbs Martin Vinny Baker
Levine Barrett

Subs: Francis, Dillo, Garto, Byrne, Dempsey & i suppose Keegan.

Murphy & Prunty love to get forward and pass the ball resonably well.Paisley is improving every game and Barry may not be doing so good at the moment but he should be back to his best soon.
In Kirby, Martin & Baker we have players that will run at people and have some skill so they will always pose a threat.
Levine is a good target man and dosen't waste the ball as much as Keegan and he is capable of returning to his best form.Maybe a run in the side will bring this back.As for Barrett, he is close to the form he had last season and is the kind of player we need up front.
On a final note, i thought Alan Kirby played well last night and i hope this is a sign of things to come.

Xlex
14/04/2004, 9:20 AM
Haven't seen alot of the town but for all Alan Murphy and Sean Pruntys bombing forward they could swing a cross to save their lives and Murphy's distributioon is questionable. I don't think there could be much benefit to dropping Dillon. However more it's reasonable to ask questions of this side who is failing to inspire.

Why did Digger get his marching orders?

wws
14/04/2004, 9:49 AM
Why did Digger get his marching orders?

denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity by an attacker going towards goal (aidan O'keefe) - automatic red in the rules and for once kelly knew the rules

although he ludicrously let the fourth official bring on a sub for the red carded keeper with no one leaving the field - honestly took 2 mins to get right!

Xlex
14/04/2004, 10:25 AM
WWS,

didn't make the game. Suppose your happy with the removal of last years monkey of your back.

Digger is out now for the next game. Trouble. :o

wws
14/04/2004, 10:32 AM
Yeah deffo, I've always been of the view that Alan Matthews had Collins and his side all worked out. Its a trip I dread and not just because of 90 minutes standing in the rain.

In fairness to Pats we've done well in the two defeats to Bohs and Cork - matching both up until their first goals which killed us off in both games. Ndo was brilliant v Longford and took his goal excellently - I hope this is the result and game that settles our side and we can get a run goin. It was crucial for Birdy to score from play again. Massive result for us.

Terry Phelan
14/04/2004, 10:44 AM
I believe all that went wrong lasnight was digger being sent off,Dempesy was to blame for two of the goals conceded.He was to blame for Byrd's goal and definetely McPhee's.It really is a terrible result to lose 3-1 to Pat's at home. What happens next? Why wasn't Baker brought on sooner? Lavine should also be given a chance. Am not looking forward to Friday night if we put in another permformance like that!!!

De Town
14/04/2004, 10:53 AM
Dempesy was to blame for two of the goals conceded.

Dempsey is such a bad keeper. we really need a proper understudy to digger coz wen u see dempsey coming on it just doesnt inspire confidence

bobthebuilder
14/04/2004, 11:35 AM
He was to blame for Byrd's goal and definetely McPhee's.
McPhee's was a tap in on the line, how did u expect Dempsey to save it. The other goals were good moves and good finishes. Do agree though that he is a dodgy keeper. Can see Byrne and Fitzpatrick having a field day on Friday

RockofGibraltar
14/04/2004, 12:01 PM
the team should be:
digger
dillon fergie paisley prunty
kirbs murph gartland byrne
baker barrett

Theres too much messin' goin on in midfield and i believe if we stuck murph in there..he wud cut it out. Aswell as that there is no height in our midfield at the moment, nobody can win a ball in the air..Ndo an Osam had a field day last nite..Stick gartland in there an it wud change all that.

Terry Phelan
14/04/2004, 12:26 PM
Dont thinkso!
Sere murph is the smallest player in the team.
Team should be
Digger
Dillion/Murph,Barry,Paisley,Prunty,
Kirbs,Vinny,Martain,Baker,
Barrett,Lavine/Francais

steve staunton
14/04/2004, 12:33 PM
For once i agree with terry,that man speaks sense some of the time,unlike the rock! what about bohs losing lastnight???????

Xlex
14/04/2004, 12:34 PM
Why isn't Francis getting a better crack of the whip? He fired us to our best season yet. Our front men haven't scored yet. (provided Baker scored from Midfield)

steve staunton
14/04/2004, 12:40 PM
How would Barrett score when hes not being supplied with the ball.?If barrett got half a chance and some confidence he'd be bangin the goals away.
I'd let Lavine have a chance as well,he wasn't even in the subs 4 the last two games.I believe Francais still has a lot to prove.
am very concerned about Keegan,hes not performing,or producing the goods at all.

Longfordian
14/04/2004, 2:04 PM
Right, first of all, it wasn't THAT bad a performance by us, up until their second goal were playing quite well, playing decent football. Keegan was holding the ball up well and won some decent headers. Barrett wasnt at his sharpest however. In midfield Kirby played well and Martin was doing quite well until he had to come off. the sending off really was crucial. It was an offside that didnt work but you CANNOT blame Alan Mathews for that, the defence make those calls themselves, principally Barry, if you want to balme someone blame him .Gartland and Murphy had stinkers as well. Pip and Vinny were poor too.

Some of the abuse Alan Mathews was getting last night was sickening, one so-called "journalist" was reported to the committe for her abuse by another woman who was appalled by it..Fair enough changes should have been made earlier and I do know that Mathews thought Sean Francis was excellent when he came on. He should start Friday

As for Lavine, that f*ckers a chancer of the highest order, he's going out boozing on the Saturday before a Tuesday game, in full view of the manager ffs, he then gets sick in training on the Monday, how the hell does he expect to be in the squad, then he goes around whinging saying "Oh Mathews doesn't like me wah wah wah.." People have very short term memories, we're only three points off frickin third right now have a bit of feckin faith, remember last season everyone was whinging too it turned out alright in the end didnt it, as I said have some faith in our most successful manger EVER. End of rant!

Xlex
14/04/2004, 2:34 PM
hear hear. Longfordian. Some prospective. I haven't been able to see much but I was fearing the worst. I can't be bad overnight.

My female Journo was in sight last night and she hadn't a bad word to say.... Thank God... :D

If the offside failed then fair enough, it has to the odd time wouldn't lose heart. Was Diggers tackle brutal or did he just get the straight red for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity?

techs
14/04/2004, 7:11 PM
i duno where to start i really dont. firstly i am sickened to say the least with the content of the longfordians post. yes matthews received alot of abuse in last nights match but from where i was sitting it was certainly not from "one so called journalist".. alot of people were shouting so why single out one person? (i'm gob smacked)
Secondly if people were to complain to the so called commitee(if you wanna get smart about it) then why pick on one person? clearly out of what a 1500 attendance that picking on one person would rely on more than meets the eye.
The fact that the person has practically been named (only two of them at game you do the thinkin havin read above posts) is a disgrace.
from where i was sitting i could not hear anything offensive been shouted by any "so called journalist" or anybody associated with journalism. the only conclusion that can be drawn from this is a personal vandetta but who am i to know i dont know the "so called journalist" in question.
I would advise whoever made this complaint(if it was made) to grow up and worry more bout the team than people around them. If i was to form complaints after the last weeks game well then i have at least 25 names and that is including "so called commitee members" who abused referees and various match officials in the last week.
As for the game itself the only thing i can say is shocking SHOCKING... somethin has to change

Longfordian
14/04/2004, 10:41 PM
Not a personal vendetta my main point was that this person will then be licking the manager's and players' asses looking for interviews while they were heard screaming "stop pulling yr pr*ck and start managing the f*cking team Matthews", this is so two faced its unreal which is what really annoys me. As you say Techs there was plenty of other people screaming abuse and im also ****ed off with the general attitude of "Matthews you're only a b*llox!" What the hell did we win before he came along..I suppose it was all down to Aaron Callaghan?!! Sorry if this "sickens" you but i feel very strongly about this. Get some perspective and give the man the chance he deserves to get things right..

Terry Phelan
15/04/2004, 10:11 AM
To be honest,I didnt hear matthews recieving any abuse.But if he did,is a disgrace! Whoever give him abuse shouldn't be let into the Flansiro again.Look at the squad he's built,look at the cup he won for us. There just needs to be a little fine tuning,i'm confident Matthews will sort that out very soon.

^Quote^As for Lavine, that f*ckers a chancer of the highest order, he's going out boozing on the Saturday before a Tuesday game, in full view of the manager ffs, he then gets sick in training on the Monday, how the hell does he expect to be in the squad, then he goes around whinging saying "Oh Mathews doesn't like me wah wah wah.." People have very short term memories, we're only three points off frickin third right now have a bit of feckin faith, remember last season everyone was whinging too it turned out alright in the end didnt it, as I said have some faith in our most successful manger EVER. End of rant!^^

I'd no idea that Lavine was that bad,that changes my opinion.
And by the way,am not losing the faith!!!!

techs
15/04/2004, 2:10 PM
Longfordian i never heard anyone screaming that disgusting comment the other night at the game.i was in the middle of the stand with a group of friends (some who were Pats supporters) and heard a lot of things being shouted during the game but nothing as vile as that.It's very unfair to say that about one person,there does seem to be a personal vendetta against that one person.Yes things are said in the heat of the moment but nothing as terrible as that.If i had heard someone making that vile comment i would have reported it myself and would have said something to the person that said it.I did hear about a guy being spoken to by a committee member and a steward during the game about his language and comments and rightly so,if could be heard around the stand..But his comments were not as vile as the ones that were posted here.

Longfordian
15/04/2004, 3:53 PM
Fair enough Techs but im only saying what i was told by normally reliable people, on reflection maybe i shouldn't have said anything but i was just extremely annoyed. I find it hard to believe these people would make up anything that specific. Anyway we'll move on and get behind the team for Friday not focus on the past.

techs
15/04/2004, 6:14 PM
Grand,i just find it hard that anyone would make comments like that especially a journalist.As i said before i was in the stand and didnt hear any disgusting comments like that.Those so-called reliable people had to be seated near me if they were near to that 'so called journalist.'Sure people shouted in at Alan about making changes but nothing vulgar.i think there is a big difference between a mans voice and a womans voice (one guy did have to be spoken to)...

Macy
19/04/2004, 9:19 AM
I think the point is that a journalist should at least give the impression being professional, even when it's reporting on the club you support.

I thought we were well on top, and playing excellent football for the 10-15 minutes before they scored. The goal was bigger's fault, and after that chancing the game with 10 men we were alway liable to get hit on the break.

Typical fickle Town support. Matthews leads us to our best ever finish and first senior cup, and we ain't going to give him a break at the start of the following season when we're still doing okay? Cop the fook on...

max power
19/04/2004, 9:42 AM
macy i just want to take issue with one thing you said, all about last season....thats what it is, a manager is as good as his last result ( which wasn't bad on friday ) but he has to do it again this year and thats the problem with sucess, it breeds a hunger for more.....

Xlex
19/04/2004, 9:46 AM
Well I had hoped that everyone would get behind the team at home this season. If there's one thing that needs changing is that our home support is more supportive and this little incident proves that **** all has changed.

There is a marked difference in playing (and supporting) in Flancare to that of Shels, Bohs, St. Pats and even the few that went to Waterford last year.

Macy
19/04/2004, 9:57 AM
macy i just want to take issue with one thing you said, all about last season....thats what it is, a manager is as good as his last result ( which wasn't bad on friday ) but he has to do it again this year and thats the problem with sucess, it breeds a hunger for more.....
So he should've been sacked first game of the season then, as we lost? We're seven games in, and a grand total of 3 points off 4th...

Sack Matthews, and sack the board! We're obviously shíte...

max power
19/04/2004, 10:00 AM
you know what i mean, when it comes to fans as you said they are fickle and don't remember what you've done, only what you are doing right now.....

but last season is just that and its time to move on..

Macy
19/04/2004, 1:15 PM
IMO Town fans are the most fickle in the league - their opinions differ from minute to minute nevermind match to match... Too many people believed the paper talk about our squad being one of the best - Even Drogs and Cork are largely full time at the moment... A couple of wins and we'll be right up the table, and the league will be as tight as last season IMO. Mid table is basically from 3rd to 9th, with little in between...

Maz
19/04/2004, 1:20 PM
i agree with Macy theres nothing between teams with the exception of Shels, first 2/3 games of the season i have heard people shoutin for Matthews to be got rid of....its cr@p!!! at the rovers game one man turned and started givin out to me about Matthews and basically roaring at me......what the hell could i have done like......this same man had to be called to order again at the pats game at home.....its ridiculous and no need for it!!

Longfordian
19/04/2004, 1:45 PM
Something's got to change with the attitude of our home support, its making our players dread playing in Flancare, they've said this themselves, one player is upset by personal abuse he's been getting from sections of our crowd and reckons he's never been subjected to this before. Bear in mind that certain members of the team, of which this player is an important part are out of contract at the end of the season. If you're hearing your own fans personally abusing you that's not going to encourage you to sign again is it?. It's only a certain percentage of the crowd but these people have got to realise the impact they're having on the players. As this player said, "it's a pity they're the only ones we can hear". Something has to be done about the atmosphere at Flancare which is becoming increasingly poisonous, but i honestly don't know what..

Macy
19/04/2004, 1:55 PM
Something has to be done about the atmosphere at Flancare which is becoming increasingly poisonous, but i honestly don't know what..
Force everyone to have Buckfast/ Quick Nips. They'll sing their heart out and think everygame is bloody brilliant :D

Longfordian
19/04/2004, 2:21 PM
Free bottle of Bucky/naggin with very ticket! :) Sounds like a plan.."Due to UEFA Licence regulations anyone seen not drinking their alcohol shall be removed from the ground"

max power
19/04/2004, 3:31 PM
with some of the decisions i've seen this season, certain refs must be having a quick nip before the game as well ;)

Maz
19/04/2004, 3:39 PM
agree totally that home supporter is poor.......i think the abuse our players and officials are getting is a disgrace and people may think they dont know but they do and have said they have heard the abuse! these people are then in the pub sucking up and so far up matthews a$$ that its not even funny! at away games our support is great with even a small number because once a few get behind the team.....everyone follows and we are all basically in the one area! in flancare the Section o lads are doin a great job with the chants and encouragement....the stand comes alive now and again with the same chant over and over but even then the abuse is louder......i know because ive heard it and its mainly the same people week in and week out! much rather b out in the ground less of a hostile atmosphere

Martinho II
19/04/2004, 9:18 PM
agree totally that home supporter is poor.......i think the abuse our players and officials are getting is a disgrace and people may think they dont know but they do and have said they have heard the abuse! these people are then in the pub sucking up and so far up matthews a$$ that its not even funny! at away games our support is great with even a small number because once a few get behind the team.....everyone follows and we are all basically in the one area! in flancare the Section o lads are doin a great job with the chants and encouragement....the stand comes alive now and again with the same chant over and over but even then the abuse is louder......i know because ive heard it and its mainly the same people week in and week out! much rather b out in the ground less of a hostile atmosphere

does this mean that you will be goin on a free transfer to section o? All new blood welcome, we need new faces badly !

the 12 th man
20/04/2004, 7:19 AM
agree totally that home supporter is poor.......i think the abuse our players and officials are getting is a disgrace

ive only been to away matches so far this year so i cant believe what im reading.the away fans ive met this year are all outstanding loyal fans who while not delerious with joy at every game always give a standing ovation to the team before and after each game.

its very difficult to get the negative people to kop on to themselves because
in reality their humour is linked directly to results.as in ,they have no patience
when things become a little sticky and demand instant results.

i think we could talk all day about the rights and wrongs of it but the real fans are just going to have to brave it out and keep the faith .

Maz
20/04/2004, 10:05 AM
does this mean that you will be goin on a free transfer to section o? All new blood welcome, we need new faces badly !

have made many appearances over there before......if the price is right (weather is good) il be back martinho!!! :p

Maz
20/04/2004, 10:07 AM
ive only been to away matches so far this year so i cant believe what im reading.the away fans ive met this year are all outstanding loyal fans who while not delerious with joy at every game always give a standing ovation to the team before and after each game.

its very difficult to get the negative people to kop on to themselves because
in reality their humour is linked directly to results.as in ,they have no patience
when things become a little sticky and demand instant results.

i think we could talk all day about the rights and wrongs of it but the real fans are just going to have to brave it out and keep the faith .

its always the way away games always have a better atmosphere for us probably because the people who are so negative find it handier to travel out to flancare to shout abuse than to travel.......however i did state it is only a few but these are the few we dont need!!