PDA

View Full Version : Rovers match

naoise kennedy
25/06/2010, 9:09 PM
What can you say,, great match, the commitment they all put in was fantastic, huge improvement all round, number 4 prendercast looks very good and strong can't fault any of the lads, how was the peno not given, it was clearly a pull back..

Kaner was super tonight pulled off some fantastic saves,, my man of the match.. very harsh on shane being sent off ,,, good to see devo back in the dug out......

Roo69
25/06/2010, 9:15 PM
Hats off to everyone, very gritty preformance - especially after going down to ten men.

Kane had a great game and made some vital saves but Manus made one of the best saves i've seen in years from Mulroy's volley in the first half. It was world class.

How we did't get that peno is beyond me, i was directly in line and Danny Murphy was pulling at Shane for 10 yards and just as he was about to get he's shot off pulled him down, the ref completely botteled it. He should also have played about another 2 minutes injury time.

Devo was in the dug out because Longer was suspended, and yeah Prendergast looked very asured, great preformance for he's first at this level.

Edit - I also think special praise should be given to Brennan, thought he was brilliant in the middle of the park for us, easily he's best preformance for us. hopefully more of the same from him to come.

The Fox
25/06/2010, 9:49 PM
Here Here!!! Well done to the lads!!

Thought the sending off was very harsh - there were plenty of other fouls that went unpunished.The rovers forwards were forever handling also and no cards given.

Thought it was a stone wall penalty - cant wait to see it again!

Also in the first half one of their defenders was playing the ball between his legs on the ground and the ref gave a free out???????

Rovers defence was appaling - couldnt handle any pressure applied - misplaced passes, giving the ball away and bad throws - there were really rattled

srfc1928
25/06/2010, 10:16 PM
What can you say,, great match, the commitment they all put in was fantastic, huge improvement all round, number 4 prendercast looks very good and strong can't fault any of the lads, how was the peno not given, it was clearly a pull back..

Kaner was super tonight pulled off some fantastic saves,, my man of the match.. very harsh on shane being sent off ,,, good to see devo back in the dug out......

Eh, you were playing Shamrock Rovers.

Anyways well done Wanderers

notever
27/06/2010, 10:09 AM
It was a super game on Friday night,probably the best at the Carlisle this season.It is difficult to single anbody out but the new guy Prendergast was superb as were Kane,Brennan, Shields,Mulroy and O'Neill to name just a few.Can't wait for Monday night and if we can play just as well again we should get the win we deserve.The move of the night was the switching of Daire Doyle and Jake Kelly which nullified the effect of Paddy Kavanagh.

rocket
27/06/2010, 2:53 PM
It was a super game on Friday night,probably the best at the Carlisle this season.It is difficult to single anbody out but the new guy Prendergast was superb as were Kane,Brennan, Shields,Mulroy and O'Neill to name just a few.Can't wait for Monday night and if we can play just as well again we should get the win we deserve.The move of the night was the switching of Daire Doyle and Jake Kelly which nullified the effect of Paddy Kavanagh.
Great performance from the lads, every one of them got stuck in, how we did not get a peno for the foul on shane is unbelieveable. Prendergast made a huge difference , but daire is still prone to making 2 or 3 mistakes per game, and thats a cause for concern.