PDA

View Full Version : Why football si the Greatest

Dodge
25/06/2010, 7:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w

Collection of reactions in the US to Landan Donovan's last minute winner

strangeirish
25/06/2010, 12:19 PM
Collection of reactions in the US to Landan Donovan's last minute winnerYep, think the Yanks are finally catching on...:D
Have to say, it's been great over here in the pubs and sports bars watching the games. One of my neighbors( Vietnam Veteran, Harley riding tough guy) has been tagging along at our local watering hole following it all and was brought to tears after Donovan scored. Surreal to say the least. A far cry from the days when I was the only one jumping around some no-name bar here in Florida after David O'Leary put away his peno.

Stuttgart88
25/06/2010, 12:33 PM
I watched the first two days in New York and there was quite a bit of interest. I got the impression it's still a bit of niche (or should I say "nitch") sport, but it's definitely taking shape.

That said, when Dodge's link says "how the world viewed USA's win" - was there anywhere outside the USA (apart from Durban) in the footage?! I didn't watch it all.

Dodge
25/06/2010, 12:48 PM
No, they still think the world is them. Bless...

strangeirish
25/06/2010, 1:41 PM
That said, when Dodge's link says "how the world viewed USA's win" - was there anywhere outside the USA (apart from Durban) in the footage?! I didn't watch it all. Lyon, France and Covington, Kentucky...:D

Riddickcule
29/06/2010, 2:06 AM
They've only got one song.... :bad:

Straightstory
03/07/2010, 1:48 PM
Heartwarming.