PDA

View Full Version : What Next ??????????????

cmcd
13/04/2004, 8:23 PM
Where Does The Team Go From Here.
Everybody Want To Support The Team But Lets Look At The Real Story.the Team Is Not Strong Enough/not Good Enough/not Big Enough And Does Not Have Enough Players To Warrant A League Title.
Bennet/murray/murphy/ Colin/nwanko(jury Out)sweeney/willie Byrne/fenn?woods/kearney Do Any Of These Inspire Hope.

Flynn/doyle/george And Possibly Greg And Devine Are Players That A Championship Side Could Be Built Around The Rest Are Just Average Players That People Are Afraid To Say What They Really Think.how Many Would Get In The Bohs/or Shelbourne Team.
I Am Now Doubting Pat Dolans Ability To Get Quality Players To The Club.last Night I Say A Star ?player Fenn Who Cant Run Cant Jump Pulled His Leg Back In 50-50 Tackles And I Was Disgusted With Him.greg Then Would Go Through A Wall For City And Wouldnt Have Half Fenns Ability But I Know How I Would Like In My Corner.

Dolans Players That He Has Bought Have Also Been Confusing.
Casey/hederman/murphy/kearney Nothing Special In These And Totally Not Physical Enough.
I Think That In Last Year The Team Has Gone Backwards.we Need A Big Strong Backbone That Will Allow The Flair Players To Play.
Somehow I Dont Think We Are Getting Any Closer.

city 4 life
13/04/2004, 8:52 PM
give fenn a chance people are entitled to bad games. Murphy looks solid again give him time.
Are you a City fan or not. All your doing is giving out about the majority of the team. A league winning team isn't going to come together over night patience is a virtue :p
giving out about Woods and Colin? Billy was in the eircom league select and Colin is playing great football as he was last season. Kearney has looked good as has Nwankwo.
How can you say that players like Fenn would not be picked by Shels or Bohs when Shels were chasing him.

Dolans doing great things for the club he's getting the name out and is getting more and more support from people in Cork. He's a character which is what is needed. Give them some time!

Colm
13/04/2004, 10:39 PM
give fenn a chance people are entitled to bad games. Murphy looks solid again give him time.

Exactly. Fenn had a poor game last night but so what, he's already scored 2 goals for us and did you see his pass to set up Flynny on Friday night.
As for Murphy, he looks the business and I think he'll prove to be Dolan's best signing (along with Doyler). He's also one tough little "geezer"!

pete
15/04/2004, 11:46 AM
Obviously early days & league is very tight but City always seem to blow it in front of large home crowds.

Losing 2-0 to shel$ is bad enough but the manner of it makes it very hard to drag back sunshiners again.

Team needs to buy proven quality quickly! No more young promising kids! There is a huge goodwill towards the clubs which will keep the big crowds coming if some sort of success looks likely but that goodwill ain't gonna last for ever!

Ozymandias
15/04/2004, 1:24 PM
Lads reading some of the threads on here about city's form etc you would think everything is rosey and that we should be grateful to just have a team in the league.

Things are not good at the moment and that is a fact and people are entitled to question certain things about the club and the team.

I think that the reaction on here is not just because of the Shels match itis the manner in which the team laid down and died.....the manner in which we left Waterford boss us at Turners Cross....the manner of the tactics employed in richmond park against rovers....an adequate but not great showing against Dublin City..

we were poor for the latter part of last season and things haven't improved....
As I have said over and over agin all I want is a team that can compete with the top two (not neccesarily win the league but close the gap)...what I also yearn for is the Cross becoming a fortress again and we frightening teams at home and not being played off the park...and most of all I would love Dolan to settle of a first eleven and let the lads play with pride and passion...if the lose after that fair enough..but don't lay down and die

things aren't right at city at the mo and people are entitled to voice concern in relation to it...it doesn't mean they have turned on the team or the manager