PDA

View Full Version : St Pats in the Showgrounds

Well Red
24/06/2010, 7:31 PM
Cannot wait for this game, having watched so many poor teams on TV in the World Cup it will be great to get back into action with the BOR. Pity we are carrying a few suspensions for this game but I still feel we have enough talent to give Pats a good game, Fancy Amond and Ryan to give Pats lots of problems and with a big crowd behind us maybe we can pick up three points.

avvenalaf
24/06/2010, 10:57 PM
Jesus, what's the 'maybe' about? I'm confident that we will pick up at least FIVE points from this game. C'mon De Bit O'Red.

Well Red
25/06/2010, 8:23 AM
Jesus, what's the 'maybe' about? I'm confident that we will pick up at least FIVE points from this game. C'mon De Bit O'Red.

Five points for a win, typical of the FAI to change the points awarded without informing the public, so I presume it is one and a half points for a draw!

avvenalaf
25/06/2010, 11:13 AM
Well, if it's five points for a win, it would be one and a half doe a draw, wouldn't it? Ah, Bonaventure, some of them slipped through the net.

gustavo
26/06/2010, 5:55 PM
Game updates tonight on

http://twitter.com/sligorovers

avvenalaf
27/06/2010, 10:18 AM
God, what an awful game and performance. Only the immaculate Peers and Dillon came out of it with any credit. Pat's top of the league? You're avvenalaf, I'll be astounded if they finish within 9 points of Bohs. As for us, everyone says the break did us no favours which seems to suggest that everyone else was playing for the past two weeks. If they produce a performance like that against Shams, they'll be booed off the pitch.

Well Red
27/06/2010, 10:24 AM
Shocking match, terrible performance and this after a decent break, came away last night really annoyed as we have to be able to beat Pats at home and they are not going anwhere no more than Dundalk. The league is there for any team that can win their home games and get a few results away.

avvenalaf
27/06/2010, 10:45 AM
I thought, gong into that match, that if we won, the league was between us and Bohs but that was abysmal. Am I the only one who thought Amond didn't try a leg and looked like he didn't want to be there?. Shades of Raf last season?

Dodge
27/06/2010, 12:28 PM
I thought, gong into that match, that if we won, the league was between us and Bohs but that was abysmal.

Seriously, you think you're the 2nd best side in the league? Wow...

poster
27/06/2010, 1:11 PM
Seriously, you think you're the 2nd best side in the league? Wow...

Behind UCD we play the most attractive football. Still don't understand how Pat'sare doing so well with players like Paul/Stu Byrne, Faherty, Rodgers and Lynch. LoI, eh?

showgies
27/06/2010, 3:00 PM
Pats came for a draw and got it. They man marked Richie Ryan, and by doing so stopped anything creative from us.

We had no Plan B, and had nobody on the bench to come on to change the game.

Dodge
27/06/2010, 4:14 PM
Behind UCD we play the most attractive football. Still don't understand how Pat'sare doing so well with players like Paul/Stu Byrne, Faherty, Rodgers and Lynch. LoI, eh?

You don't play attractive football. At least not against Pats you don't. Attractive teams play forward passes and get shots on target

poster
27/06/2010, 4:49 PM
We played some pretty good stuff in the LC game against Pat's and a few shots there. Also against Pat's in the league in Richmond, I thought we were quite good.

shellyriver
27/06/2010, 6:46 PM
Ya, what a dreadful game. At least Rovers tried to hatch a few plans, Pats were terribly uninventive and with except of Guy are hulking one-dimensional players.

Can't understand why McCartney isn't brought in to inject a bit of pace down wing from build up -- although with Doyle and Almond (both lifeless and in there, it would have to smash off the old cranium before it would cross line.

N'do is a seriously liability -- he constantly tries to over impose on Russell's and Dillon's play, holds up the game and essentially there is no quick ball to forwards through his over-elaboration.

Dillon created a great opportunity and was unlucky. Peers as usual was excellent.

Need a decent target man -- wonder if Evil is signed up etc.

Well Red
27/06/2010, 6:53 PM
You don't play attractive football. At least not against Pats you don't. Attractive teams play forward passes and get shots on target

Generally we do play very attractive football but agree with you last night we saw two very poor teams but on balance and with a few key players coming back I think we will still be in the top three, standard generally is so poor I suspect Pats can make top four after Bohs, Shams and Sligo.

avvenalaf
27/06/2010, 7:17 PM
Huge respect for Pats as a club but they have gone well back since earlier in the season. If they were serious contenders they would have cleaned Rovers out last night.

Rasputin
28/06/2010, 8:53 AM
Terrible terrible game to watch, absolutely horrible.
Pats are one of the worst teams in the league to watch, if Football is the beautifull game then Pats are its Elephant man.
As was said they came with a game plan, it wasnt pretty and they got their point.
Mulcahy man marked Ndo out of the game and so many players just werent at the races.
As for the comment on Amond, no I didnt get that impression at all.
The impression I got from Amond was that he didnt get a single decent ball to him all game long and the Pats defence just bullied him out of the game.

avvenalaf
28/06/2010, 10:08 AM
That's ok, I only asked if I was the only one. i accept that raining high balls down on top of him is hardly fair, but, for me, he didn't run a channel all night and didn't give Russell and Ryan a single pass opportunity.