PDA

View Full Version : City v Limerick - Friday, 25th June 7.45pm

A face
23/06/2010, 5:19 PM
City v Limerick - Friday, 25th June 7.45pm

I wonder will we see any of the new signings for this one? A few of them have been training with the team already but i dont know would they be match fit.

A face
23/06/2010, 5:29 PM
Does Dave Rogers signing for Limerick (http://limerickfc.ie/home/news/210610Press.html) add an extra bit of bite to the game as well?

thomas72
23/06/2010, 6:02 PM
should be a cracking game limerick have signed 4 or 5 very very good players but there not available for the cork game :( hopefully willie boland will be back next week cork and limerick look strong to battle it out for promotion.
along with the news that we bought our own stadium the markets field for next season the mood in the squad and the club is prob the best it has been in a decade

prediction tough one to call

ill go 1-1 :D

osarusan
25/06/2010, 8:51 AM
I'm driving to Cork later for this. Haven't been to Turner's cross for about 20 years. Can anybody advise me on how to get to the stadium and about parking in the area?

From google maps, it looks like TC is on the Beaufort park road, close to the N27, is that right? If so, it looke easy enough to get there. Google maps is telling me to get onto South Main street and then Evergreen road, which will take me to TC. How does that sound?

A face
25/06/2010, 9:17 AM
Here it is on Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=13417986836102433722&q=Turners+Cross+Stadium,+Cork,+Ireland&hl=en&cd=1&ei=ZXMkTOvoA9ScOKrD2dYI&sll=51.885862,-8.46827&sspn=0.016529,0.038418&ie=UTF8&ll=51.897046,-8.495779&spn=0,0&z=14) ... You be coming in from the Northside so you'll come through the city. Head for the south link and then follow signs for Turners Cross. If you go too far and are on the Kinsale Road Roundabout then look for signs for Woodies, Musgrave Park, Harvery Normans, etc and keep going then, only 2-300 metres down that road.

osarusan
25/06/2010, 9:23 AM
Cheers. Is there parking in the area?

A face
25/06/2010, 1:05 PM
There is parking all around the ground and its all grand and safe. Its just on the roads all around it. If you look at the map where the Kinsale Road Roundabout is and the ground itself there is alot of parking in that area but all around is ok. If you dont park in front of someones driveway you'll be fine.

razor
25/06/2010, 9:51 PM
What a god awful performance tonight, too many players not giving a toss.
Billy Woods did well, setup our goal and had a super free just over.
Apart from Cummins and maybe Greg the rest were melojun.

We had 4 or 5 chances to clear from the goal mouth scramble that led to their first.
Our goal was comedy, the Limerick lad was unchallenged and just sliced Billys cross into his own net.
Their winner was yet again poor marking, Daryl Kavanagh was outstanding,never stopped running, causing us problems.
One bright spark for us was the lad Varian that came on, showed up the majority.
The fact that we have a sizeable squad now means there should be more competitionn for places, player should be under pressure, McNulty, Killer and Davin especially.

A face
26/06/2010, 10:06 AM
Davin O'Neill was seriously poor alright, not committing to challenges at all leaving players just skip round him. No tracking back. What is the story with him? Too many other performances well below par. If you were to rate each individual players performance out of ten i'd say all except 2-3 wouldn't get over five. The amount of stray passes was unreal, jaw dropping even. They should know at this stage that they have to kick it to someone they know. Yet another poor show at home, where it actually counts this year.

osarusan
26/06/2010, 11:21 AM
Was in Turner's Cross for the first time since....1991, I think, last night, and the place looked fantastic. I was with a Japanese friend visiting for the weekend, and would rather he takes this away as his image of LOI than Jackman!!

On the field, while trying not to be biased, I thought we were easily the better team - passed it better, closed you down well, and created good chances. You had us under pressure for the last 15 minutes or so, but apart from Woods' freekick (which looked like it was going in from where we were - I was just waiting for it to hit the net), you didn't create many real chances. I see from this thread that you're disappointed with your performance, but I think we had a lot to do with it.

It's certainly a big change from the horrendously rudderless performance a few months ago in Jackman against you.

A face
26/06/2010, 11:48 AM
Was in Turner's Cross for the first time since....1991, I think, last night, and the place looked fantastic. I was with a Japanese friend visiting for the weekend, and would rather he takes this away as his image of LOI than Jackman!!

Pity it wasn't full, crowds are way down so the atmosphere isn't as good. We really are building from the ground up.

On the field, while trying not to be biased, I thought we were easily the better team - passed it better, closed you down well, and created good chances. You had us under pressure for the last 15 minutes or so, but apart from Woods' freekick (which looked like it was going in from where we were - I was just waiting for it to hit the net), you didn't create many real chances. I see from this thread that you're disappointed with your performance, but I think we had a lot to do with it.

It's certainly a big change from the horrendously rudderless performance a few months ago in Jackman against you.

Yeah, i think all the meetings we've had this year, one of the teams has been really out of it. We couldn't string three passes together at times last night so you are always gonna put it up to us as a result. Ye had a good second half alright. We just couldn't do ourselves any favours at all.