PDA

View Full Version : Different view of last night.

patsh
13/04/2004, 5:25 PM
A couple of points about last night.
1. We played very badly.
Yet we held the so-called best team in the league scoreless, and outside one shot in the first half, and one shot in the second half, they never seriously threatened our goal. They had the upper hand all through the game, but we could have veryeasily gone in at the break ahead.
They won because of 2 OGs, not because of anything they did.
We can see just how many of you think last night was a disaster, yet if we had not scored for them, $hels would have just about got a point.

2. If referees in this league started to stand up to the intimidation from scummy thugs like Crawford et al, and sent the b@stards off when they should be sent off, the eL would be a much better league.

3. The Echo wheels out McHale to do a totally hysterical, ott piece tonight.
Thanks a lot McHale, our players really need to see that kind of support now. This is the w@nker who was on about racism in the Shed recently. The f*cker only pays any attention to City when he can be negative and do us down.

4. I am not a great fan of Dolan as a football tactician/manager. Dolan is a bullsh*tter, a talker and a pr man. He also has assembled a great bunch of players, generated huge interest in our club. Any of ye want to swap City to be a club like, say the likes of $hels? Who wants Nuttsy for manager?

I'm sick, depressed and blue over last night.
Any true City supporter feels the same. To the rest of you cnuts queueing up to have a go at my club, F*CK OFF.

Éanna
13/04/2004, 5:32 PM
well said patsh. hard to argue much with any of those points IMO. I think you might be being a bit harsh on Dolan's managerial abilities, but apart from that, I think you're spot on

A face
13/04/2004, 5:36 PM
Can someone tell us whay was on the echo (McHale) ... i dont buy it anymore so i wont see it.

Just a brief outline ... With a hack like McHale, you can just fill in the blanks :confused:

RedX
13/04/2004, 6:08 PM
What McHale said tonight on the Echo is disgraceful..do these guys just wait for the moment when the club is down to kick it also..he is so wrong..City is progressing and it is progressing bigtime..it will click into place i am sure of it..this guy pops up every now and then for a little dig at the club..people complain about Noel Spillane here..what McHale said tonight was ten times worse than Spillane has ever said..Think of all the work Brian Lennx and Pat Dolan have put in and other people also within the club..and then they open the Echo and see this fcuker writing rubbish about our club...disgraceful Mc Hale!!

Colm
13/04/2004, 6:09 PM
1. We played very badly.
Yet we held the so-called best team in the league scoreless, and outside one shot in the first half, and one shot in the second half, they never seriously threatened our goal. They had the upper hand all through the game, but we could have veryeasily gone in at the break ahead.
We can see just how many of you think last night was a disaster, yet if we had not scored for them, $hels would have just about got a point.

2. If referees in this league started to stand up to the intimidation from scummy thugs like Crawford et al, and sent the b@stards off when they should be sent off, the eL would be a much better league.

Thanks a lot McHale, our players really need to see that kind of support now. This is the w@nker who was on about racism in the Shed recently. The f*cker only pays any attention to City when he can be negative and do us down.

4. I am not a great fan of Dolan as a football tactician/manager. Dolan is a bullsh*tter, a talker and a pr man. He also has assembled a great bunch of players, generated huge interest in our club. Any of ye want to swap City to be a club like, say the likes of $hels? Who wants Nuttsy for manager?

Any true City supporter feels the same. To the rest of you cnuts queueing up to have a go at my club, F*CK OFF.

Great post.
Like Eanna, i would disagree with your assessment of Dolan as a tactician/manager but other than that i think you're spot on with everything you've said.

Colm
13/04/2004, 6:15 PM
What McHale said tonight on the Echo is disgraceful..do these guys just wait for the moment when the club is down to kick it also..he is so wrong..City is progressing and it is progressing bigtime..it will click into place i am sure of it..this guy pops up every now and then for a little dig at the club..people complain about Noel Spillane here..what McHale said tonight was ten times worse than Spillane has ever said..Think of all the work Brian Lennx and Pat Dolan have put in and other people also within the club..and then they open the Echo and see this fcuker writing rubbish about our club...disgraceful Mc Hale!!

I haven't read it but from the sounds of it all he's doing is undoing the good work that Dolan, Lennox and co have put into creating a positive image of our club.
All an article like that does is give barstoolers ammunition to spout untrue negative bull about our club and give idiots an excuse not to go to City matches.
The Echo as one of our so called offical matchday partners should be doing it's best to promote City instead of this kind of crap.

Éanna
13/04/2004, 6:20 PM
The Echo as one of our so called offical matchday partners should be doing it's best to promote City instead of this kind of crap.
the only time that rag ever bothers covering city is when they have a chance to have a good go. I agreed with mchale when he gave out about gunther, but its obvious now that he was having a go for the sake of it, not because he cared. the sooner city dump that so called newspaper and stop wasting their time the better. i wouldn't even use it as bogroll. not even a lump of ****e should be subjected to the "journalism" they print

Gary
13/04/2004, 6:24 PM
I seem to remember McHale writing some very positive articles about City last season.

While I may not agree with his article, its his opinion. peole are forever screaming that Spillane just goes with the flow, not over praising or criticising, then when a fella does you are up in arms.

Some people are never happy. :rolleyes:

Éanna
13/04/2004, 6:27 PM
Reading Ken O'Connors article wasn't much better and it felt I had read it on the internet somewhere already as I was reading it today!
ken o connor is a moron. every one of his articles I've ever read is just an ego trip. "look at me i can use big words to hide the fact that I talk crap" :rolleyes:

patsh
13/04/2004, 6:45 PM
I seem to remember McHale writing some very positive articles about City last season.
Really?
Can you find them?
His "opinion" is just that, his opinion, and its this opinion which has painted an totally inaccurate, unfair and ignorant picture of the club.
A negative opinion influences a lot more people than a positive one, and this 2 or 3 game a season little barstooler has turned a bad display in one game into a major article which damages the club much more than a bad result deserves.
Man Utd lost to Wolves recently. Was there an article in the Manchester Evening Echo, written by an infrequent visitor to Old Trafford, saying that this proves that Utd are sh*te, the manager should go, and basically saying don't bother showing up for any more games?

And its true Gary, some people are never happy.
Just what is it like in Happy Happy land and how do we get there..... ;)

one_bounce
13/04/2004, 6:57 PM
1. We played very badly.

well said patsh.. i wanted to post something similar earlier today but i had no time.. all i heard on the terrace last night was how **** the team was and what a disgrace the night was...bullsh1t.. i think we played well last night and made a few decent chances against the best defense in the league by far.. 0-0 would have been a fair result on the night and could we really have complained about that? as it turned out luck and dans concentration caught us out.. i felt very deflated at the final whistle and didnt cheer the team off the pitch as we should have.. half the crowd booed :mad:
the points i took from last nights game were

the players
1. georgie is finding his feet in midfield at last
2. nwankwo is an excellent player and has claimed one of the cm spots
3. danny murphy is another great signing and is everything i want from a left back.. terrier if ive ever seen one.. makes greg look tame!
4. greg has accomplished himself very well at right back and deserves to retain his position.. only thing to watch is that he got caught in posession a few times when he should just clear his lines.. the midfielder in him id say!
5. benno is def the man to partner murray
6. dan murray has not impressed me at all this season.. his concentration is apalling and his distribution is dire.. this is not the dan were used to seeing.. im not sure what the solution is here
7. the rest of the team will sort its self out.. we def have the most potent attacking team in the league by far

the tactics
1. why did we constantly pump high balls down the wings and into the box when we have the most skillful set of forwards/attacking mids in the league who are not capable of doing anything with this type of service?
2. when we played ball we put some good moves together and caused trouble.. the nwankwo/flynn move particularly
3. colin t is having an excellent season so far but last night he wasnt at the races.. why did dolan not replace him after 55/60mins?

and finally.. i think we'll be ok and the season will come good and when our team does click well play some of the best attacking football the eircom has seen but the refs need to protect players like georgie and doyler who have had the sh1t kicked out of them every match so far..

Gary
13/04/2004, 7:00 PM
Dunno would you like Happy Happy land Patsh. Its a bit, well.........happy!?

Having read the article again, i feel that it isnt all that bad. I think one line is getting peoples heckles up - "..going backwards..", other than that he wrote as he saw it.

He said Dan Murray had a bad game, but one game dont make a bad player.

He said Greg was excellent.

He questioned Mick Devines distribution, and why nothing seems to have been done to rectify it.

I remember him writing an absolutely scathing article at one point about Gunther, and people were delirious with happiness, stuff like "finally someone is speaking his mind" etc etc etc etc. That said, maybe it wasnt his place to write such a piece.

SSS
13/04/2004, 7:08 PM
I haven't read it but from the sounds of it all he's doing is undoing the good work that Dolan, Lennox and co have put into creating a positive image of our club.
All an article like that does is give barstoolers ammunition to spout untrue negative bull about our club and give idiots an excuse not to go to City matches.

Lads, I'm going against the grain here a bit..
OK it was only one game but the Echo was right about a few things:
No substitutions were made when it was obvious that we were getting nowhere.
Highballs to short strikers was the order of the day - plenty on here complained when we hoofed it forward to Delaney against UCD. Same thing.

The defending in the last two home games is undoing the positive image and giving ammunition to barstoolers - not an article in the Echo. It is all too common in recent times for this club to screw it up when a big crowd turns out - the very opportunity they have to considerably grow the fanbase.
We can complain about barstoolers all we like but when they do venture out and see cr*p like last night and last Tuesday you can't turn around and expect them to come out again. It's bloody frustrating, but that's the way it is.

But the main thing about last night was that regardless of how unlucky City were with the two og's there was no fight or passion in them at all. Not since Mountfield have I seen a City team roll over at home once the first goal went in. If Dolan wants to keep talking about passion and rebel army, he'd better instill it in the team first. I wouldn't mind losing so much if there had been a gutsy performance.

BTW, Echo is even giving City front page coverage alot now - it is helping with the profile, but you gotta take the good with the bad.

tiktok
14/04/2004, 9:41 AM
While there's a lot of sense in what patsh wrote (it helped calm me down anyway) I'm with SSS. I didn't see McHale's article but the problems that were attributed to it above are real. We are hoofing to small strikers and Devine's distribution is a problem, we've all said as much on here and a few of us have also been critical of the substitutions made (or lack of them).

In a nutshell, if people stop coming back to the cross, it's not down to the echo. McHale is probably an idiot, but if I'd written a report on the Shels match for print the following day it might have been in a similar vein. We've all had a few days to take stock, and the results last night show how open the league is, but look back at your own first posts after the match monday, won't be much difference between us and McHale. 'Gutless' and 'Heartless' are two words that appeared in most posts, SFA to do with luck.

as for Dolan or Fenlon, I still think we have the right man for the job, I'm just sick of winning nothing.

patsh
14/04/2004, 4:23 PM
I am not objecting to McHale giving his views on the game. What I object to is his inference is that City are in some sort of crisis.
"He expected to see progression"...OK, why didn't he write a piece after the 1st game of the season, when City played some superb passing football, a long long way from the Hoof? Why not write about that progression then?
My point is that he writes a piece about City once in the blue moon, and all he did was give a totally erroneous view of City, thus needlessly damaging the club for the sake of a tabloid rant.

Neil
14/04/2004, 4:38 PM
as for Dolan or Fenlon, I still think we have the right man for the job, I'm just sick of winning nothing.

you can't blame Dolan for the barren years under Gunther, Mountfield, Barry.

tiktok
14/04/2004, 6:10 PM
you can't blame Dolan for the barren years under Gunther, Mountfield, Barry.

which is why i said "I still think we have the right man for the job", I'm not blaming Dolan for our historical lack of success, i'm just worried how far into the future it might stretch if things don't start to improve.

Gary
14/04/2004, 6:21 PM
People are getting hysterical after losing 2 games, 2 home games albeit.

The Waterford game: How many times do I have to say it, it was a derby game, Waterford were more up for it. Move onwards and hopefully upwards.

The Shels game: Long story short. We were well beaten by a far superior team. No shame in that.

What it does mean, is that we have to start putting points on the board on a more consistent basis.

I was almost sick when i looked at the league table. Horrible fanless showers of dublin crud like SPA and Shams ahead of us, perenial relegation teams Derry and Drogs ahead of us.

It needs to be put right soon. Heres hoping that the Shels defeat was just a glitch and gives CCFC the good kick up the hole that was needed.

mickrev
16/04/2004, 2:59 PM
Echo man is right to say there is no progression. The team we have now is miles better than the team under Liam Murphy yet the results are the same if not worse. So we arent progreessing relative to all the other teams obviously.