PDA

View Full Version : Ban the Vuvuzelas

**FrOsTy**
22/06/2010, 11:03 AM
Before these things start flooding into the country and people start buying them. The FAI should publicly announce that vuvuzelas are banned from all LOI grounds.

What is everyone elses opinions on them?

shep
22/06/2010, 11:09 AM
I would hate to hear them drown out what little noise is made at L.O.I grounds around the country and as for internationals...again its a no-brainer...we dont want them

passinginterest
22/06/2010, 11:10 AM
I'd say it's too late already, one of the girls in work was saying they were free with one of the papers at the weekend, she was trying to get one for her son and they were out of stock everywhere that had them.

So be prepared for vuvuzela's coming to a stadium near you.

Apparently someone had one at the Cork v Limerick hurling match at the weekend too, so they said on the radio commentary anyway. After spending do long listening to them during the world cup football would just feel like it was missing something if they weren't there now :D

bluewhitearmy
22/06/2010, 11:15 AM
Ive heard some of our lads have em for FORAS game game Friday.

As long as they don't try to do it for the whole 90 mins like at the world cup i don't mind.

danthesaint
22/06/2010, 11:18 AM
i think the GAA banned them from grounds,

yeah i hate to have them in Richer, there is a fella with a 1960's rattle that stands in front of me, it doesn me nut in ha

bennocelt
22/06/2010, 11:29 AM
Its a fad, wont last too long me thinks

Jofspring
22/06/2010, 11:32 AM
Shur feck it they will only add a little more noise and its not like there will be enough people at LOI grounds to keep them going loudly for a full 90minutes.

OneRedArmy
22/06/2010, 11:33 AM
Its a fad, wont last too long me thinks......ergo Irish people will be all over it like a rash for 6 months, what with us being perennial Slavish World Fad Following Champions.

I assume the GAA banned it as they couldn't translate it, what with all the v's and z's?

Bhfubhfushelagh doesn't have quite the same ring.

**FrOsTy**
22/06/2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/banvuvuzelas/
Give it a signing.

Sam_Heggy
22/06/2010, 12:57 PM
How will we be able to handle the noise of these Vuvuzelas drowning out the tens of thousands of fans singing from the terraces this weekend?

Personally, I reckon the government should introduce a new law on the policing of these things by introducing a "citizens carrying a Vuvuzela deserve a beating law"

Lim till i die
22/06/2010, 2:37 PM
i think the GAA banned them from grounds,

LOL.

Checklist for the terrace at a GAA game:

Airhorn
Smoke Cannisters.
Half bottle of Vodka
40 Fags.
Bag of cans.

It's the most wonderful time of the year. :D

Which will annoy more people at Turners Cross Friday night?? Our vuvuzelas or our oversized novelty Israel flag?? :)

Sean South
22/06/2010, 5:00 PM
Technically they are already banned although so are flags and banners but thankfully this rule is ignored. Personally I hate them but I wouldn’t like to see them banned we live in a big enough police state as it is.

There will be a few mongs and the usual fun boys who will bring them “sheer they’re only a bit of craic” goon brigade, who have no idea about terrace culture and jump on every bandwagon. I’d hope the response from most will be “shut the **** up with that thing” and if that doesn’t work just do this.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2554/vuvu.gif

corkery
23/06/2010, 10:11 AM
Ive heard some of our lads have em for FORAS game game Friday.

Foras game? That would be like us calling ye 'football.'

marinobohs
23/06/2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/banvuvuzelas/
Give it a signing.

Personally would like to see drums and bodhrans added to "banned list" while we are at it.

redobit
23/06/2010, 11:00 AM
If you want them banned its very simple.

Buy a few - bring them in to the ground - throw them on the pitch - they will classed as missiles - the the FAI will have no choice but to ban them - job done.

Riddickcule
23/06/2010, 11:02 AM
Personally would like to see drums and bodhrans added to "banned list" while we are at it.
Couldn't agree more. The only things you should bring into a game are your voice and maybe a scarf.

peadar1987
23/06/2010, 12:18 PM

And that fella with the trumpet at Galway games!

Riddickcule
23/06/2010, 12:44 PM
And that fella with the trumpet at Galway games!
Suprised he hasn't got a batin from the younger GUFC fans yet. If that chap was near me with that annoying thing i probably couldn't tolerate it. No-one in our crowd would lol.

Dodge
23/06/2010, 1:06 PM
More noise the merriier. it'll only be kids, no grown ups would spen d money on it so let them do what they want. if it drowns out the constant hum of depression in most grounds it'll be alright with me

blue til i die
23/06/2010, 3:26 PM
Vuvuzela ban for the RSC.
"The official and final decision from Waterford United FC is as follows:

Due to health and safety concerns they will not be permitted within the grounds.
Vuvuzela's emit over 127 decibels
To get an idea of how loud 127 dB actually is, the sound of someone breathing is a mere 10, a refrigerator hums at 42, and thunder cracks at 108. Because the decibel rating system is a multiplier, the vuvuzela is seven times more intense than a chainsaw and pretty much matches the threshold for physical pain. A study by the South African Medical Journal bears this out, showing prolonged exposure to vuvuzelas poses a risk to your safety.
To summarize fifteen-minute exposure to 110 dB noise is "incredibly dangerous."

If any vuvuzela's are brought to the ground they will not be admitted ,as with all confiscations Waterford United FC are not responsible for the minding or their return at the end of the game."

Lim till i die
23/06/2010, 4:10 PM
Waterford United: Getting their priorities right.

kdjaC
24/06/2010, 11:09 AM
Anyone actually heard one at a game or we going on what it sounds like on TV?

stann
24/06/2010, 7:59 PM
Vuvuzela ban for the RSC.
"The official and final decision from Waterford United FC is as follows: ...

Ah, I think maybe the original forum post quoted there was a touch tongue-in-cheek...

Charlie Darwin
25/06/2010, 12:52 AM
I hear the FAI are introducing a Vuvuzela Section in the new Lansdowne.

D.24saint
25/06/2010, 9:04 AM
I hear the FAI are introducing a Vuvuzela Section in the new Lansdowne.

another reason not to give the FAI your money if any more were needed