PDA

View Full Version : City Captaincy

Echo Boy
13/04/2004, 3:37 PM
Should the City captaincy be taken off Dan Murray as he is clearly lacking in confidence and the extra burden and responsibility of the captaincy role be given to somebody else. Clearly your captain is supposed to give you leadership and to encourage players to their full potential but IMO it must be damn hard to rally the team when your the worst player on the pitch. I always had great time for Dan but Dolan must take the captaincy off him to enable him to solely concentrate on his own game and IMO the next City captain should be George.

Colm
13/04/2004, 3:41 PM
I don't think Dan is the best choice as captain but to take the captaincy off him now would shatter his already fragile confidence. I don't think changing captains on a regular basis is ever a good idea anyway.
If Dan is dropped at some stage then I'd give it to Colin but for the moment I'd leave it with Dan.

Éanna
13/04/2004, 4:30 PM
I don't think Dan is the best choice as captain but to take the captaincy off him now would shatter his already fragile confidence. I don't think changing captains on a regular basis is ever a good idea anyway.
yeah its a very tough call. can't afford for him to keep playing like that either though.

Colm
13/04/2004, 4:43 PM
can't afford for him to keep playing like that either though.

Yeah I agree but what I was saying is that as long as he is starting for us he should keep the captaincy as otherwise he'll lose all confidence and play even worse.

Éanna
13/04/2004, 5:21 PM
Yeah I agree but what I was saying is that as long as he is starting for us he should keep the captaincy as otherwise he'll lose all confidence and play even worse.
yeah, you're right. as i said, its a very hard decision for any manager to make. especially seeing as we're not exactly blessed with talent and experience in that position

adamcarr
13/04/2004, 5:28 PM
If we were to take the captaincy of Dan which I would not like to happen, I would give it to eighter Colin, George or Greg. All three of them would be great captains IMO. And I dont know why the captaincy was not given back to Greg after his injury last season!

Éanna
13/04/2004, 5:30 PM
And I dont know why the captaincy was not given back to Greg after his injury last season!
Greg resigned the captaincy, because he thought it was affecting his game too much. So he's not an option as far as I can see

A face
13/04/2004, 5:34 PM
Greg resigned the captaincy, because he thought it was affecting his game too much. So he's not an option as far as I can see

Not having the captaincy could of had an impact on his game aswell (or the lack of)

thecorner
13/04/2004, 6:11 PM
talk about kicking a man when hes down.

talking captaincy would shatter confidence

its up to us to let him know from the stands that we are 100% behind and help him find his form again

A face
13/04/2004, 6:15 PM
its up to us to let him know from the stands that we are 100% behind and help him find his form again

Have you ever known that to happen when we need it to ??

rolo
13/04/2004, 6:15 PM
it could be a terrible blow to already low confidence to take the captains band from dan. and the probability is it would cause more problems than it would solve.
he's a great player but has had a few dodgy games.

i think helping him become more vocal perhaps and helping him believe more in his calls would be better for him, and all, as he has the ability to develop into a great captain for the team.

univibe
13/04/2004, 7:10 PM
The way City performed it does not make a difference who's captain, the city players did not shout at each other throughout the match compared to Shels, there seems to be no communication to each other at all , why is this ???? :confused:

A face
13/04/2004, 7:15 PM
there seems to be no communication to each other at all , why is this ???? :confused:

Dunno ..... maybe the going got tough :confused:

Storysham
13/04/2004, 11:15 PM
I think he should be dropped for a few games, make him realise where his priorities lie.

jof fan
14/04/2004, 8:24 AM
Don't think that the captaincy should be taking off him. As Colm pointed out i think that this would only make things worse.ok so hes had a bad start to the season, it's not the end of the world!when he gets back into form then we'll be hard to score against.don't think that it'd be very fair to bench him either besides who do u play instead of him who is better?

DolansWaistcoat
14/04/2004, 8:34 AM
he is playing sh!te at the mo alright,it's true though if we drop him we have no else with any experience to come in.

We musn't forget that Dan is a very young man too and he has been brilliant since he joined us and maybe he is due a dip in form,stick by him now I say and see what happens.