PDA

View Full Version : Ivory Coast : Cheats

Den Perry
21/06/2010, 9:15 AM
Watching them last night made my blood boil. The number 9 behaved like an animal and the no 18 that got Kaka se
sent off should be banned. They are a disgrace. Its no wonder Drogba and Ebouie are always diving around
in England

bennocelt
21/06/2010, 9:17 AM
Watching them last night made my blood boil. The number 9 behaved like an animal and the no 18 that got Kaka se
sent off should be banned. They are a disgrace. Its no wonder Drogba and Ebouie are always diving around
in England

And kaka............

And did you see the Italians................

Stuttgart88
21/06/2010, 9:26 AM
You can never just agree with a blatantly obvious statement can you?

superfrank
21/06/2010, 9:34 AM
That Kader Keita made a meal of it is irrelevant, Kaká deliberately stuck his elbow out. He was already on a yellow card. What did he expect was going to happen?

I find it funny that one particular team is being singled out for cheating. The Greek guy who was involved in the Nigerian sending off was Keita's equal in dramatics. There's been loads of other incidents in this tournament where players have over-reacted to challenges or other players have been deliberately fouling. For example, anyone see Rory Fallon and his elbows against Italy yesterday?

This is just the way has gone in recent years.

tetsujin1979
21/06/2010, 9:39 AM
If anything, Keira ran into Kaka's elbow, and it's not like he drove the point of his elbow into Keita's skull, People's Elbow style. Contact was minimal, in the chest, and Keita went down holding his head.
With the World Cup, the eyes of the world are on football at the moment, and incidents like this are only going to tarnish the game further in the eyes of those who have no interest in it.
FFS Comedy Central are running ads with the line "if you're bored of watching men fall down, why not watch these men stand up" for their shows!

bennocelt
21/06/2010, 9:43 AM
You can never just agree with a blatantly obvious statement can you?

and your point is..............................

jbyrne
21/06/2010, 9:44 AM
That Kader Keita made a meal of it is irrelevant, Kaká deliberately stuck his elbow out. He was already on a yellow card. What did he expect was going to happen?

there was no deliberate movement of kakas elbow towards the ivory coast player. the ivory player went to kaka looking for trouble and his reaction after was pathetic. the brazilians are no saints either but the sending off was ludicrous. the ref didnt even see it but took the ivory coast players at their word that kaka had elbowed your man in the face, unbelievable!

Stuttgart88
21/06/2010, 9:47 AM
and your point is..............................That you could just have agreed with an obvious statement!

Stuttgart88
21/06/2010, 9:50 AM
Couldn't disagree more with superfrank, jbyrne is bang on. Kaka saw the guy running into him out of the corner of his eye and put his arm up as a buffer, pure instinct. No rational person could interpret what Kaka did as an attempt to strike the Ivorian player, and the replay conclusively proved both that, and the fact that the Ivorian acted disgracefully. The ref neither saw it nor consulted an assistant as far as I could make out.

bennocelt
21/06/2010, 9:54 AM
That you could just have agreed with an obvious statement!

By giving another point.............thats its a bit rich for players who dive a lot themselves to moan about getting sent off by diving - this shows that the refs are not solely to blame. Its time FIFA protected the refs never mind the players. They should send that fella from cameroon (and italy) home - thats a strong message that would put a quick end to the diving

endabob1
21/06/2010, 10:00 AM
There were 2 very very bad tackles by IC which could have been straight reds, the 2nd Brazil goal involved 2 handballs, some terrible decisions apart from that but I thought the red was justified, the over-reaction of the IC player should be dealt with subsequently by FIFA, a one game ban would sort it out.
Kaka raised his elbow, instinctive or not he raised his elbow and caught the guy so it was a booking, he was already booked so the red was fair enough imo.

Probably the worst ref'd game of the tournament so far, generally I think the standard has been pretty high.

Den Perry
21/06/2010, 10:06 AM

I find it funny that one particular team is being singled out for cheating. The Greek guy who was involved in the Nigerian sending off was Keita's equal in dramatics. There's been loads of other incidents in this tournament where players have over-reacted to challenges or other players have been deliberately fouling. For example, anyone see Rory Fallon and his elbows against Italy yesterday?

This is just the way has gone in recent years.

the way he "stuck his elbow out" was the action of a man who clearly did not want to get involved. he was walking away when the other bloke went for him. In my opi nion he could have done no more than he did to stay away from trouble.

In addition, Kaka may dive to win frees etc, but that is in no way as despicable as feigning injury to get a player sent off

shakermaker1982
21/06/2010, 10:08 AM
Keita should get a 5 game ban. I'm sick and tired of the playacting and FIFA need to make an example of him. Italy were no better. They tried their hardest to get Fallon sent off the *******

The ref and linesman didn't see the Kaka incident so who made the call? 4th official or did the ref react to the reaction from Drogba and co?

Den Perry
21/06/2010, 10:14 AM
Keita should get a 5 game ban. I'm sick and tired of the playacting and FIFA need to make an example of him. Italy were no better. They tried their hardest to get Fallon sent off the *******

The ref and linesman didn't see the Kaka incident so who made the call? 4th official or did the ref react to the reaction from Drogba and co?

I agree. Five game ban at the very least. I actually thought Drogba was innocent of any involvement last night though?

superfrank
21/06/2010, 10:19 AM
Kaka saw the guy running into him out of the corner of his eye and put his arm up as a buffer, pure instinct. No rational person could interpret what Kaka did as an attempt to strike the Ivorian player, and the replay conclusively proved both that, and the fact that the Ivorian acted disgracefully.
I didn't call it a strike and I don't disagree that Keita over-reacted.

You said yourself Kaká saw the guy in the corner of his eye. He knew Keita was running at him. He could have stepped back but he put up his elbow in the hope that Keita would run into it and it's no surprise Keita did. Kaká was on a yellow and should have had more sense. Getting worked up by your opponents is schoolboy stuff.

shakermaker1982
21/06/2010, 10:34 AM
I agree. Five game ban at the very least. I actually thought Drogba was innocent of any involvement last night though?

I might be being harsh on Drogba. I know he was chatting to Kaka about it.

Imagine trying to pull a stunt like that on a Sunday morning or at a 5 a side league? You'd either a) get ridiculed for months on end by your mates or b) get the **** kicked out of by the opposition players. This needs sorting out now. I'm sick of it.

DaveyCakes
21/06/2010, 11:06 AM
And there was no diving by Brazilian players? Lucio and Luis Fabiano didn't spend the whole game throwing themselves to the ground? Oh, sorry. It's Brazil. They're immune from any criticism because they played good football in the 1970s and 80s, with occasional flashes since.

jbyrne
21/06/2010, 11:07 AM
I didn't call it a strike and I don't disagree that Keita over-reacted.

You said yourself Kaká saw the guy in the corner of his eye. He knew Keita was running at him. He could have stepped back but he put up his elbow in the hope that Keita would run into it and it's no surprise Keita did. Kaká was on a yellow and should have had more sense. Getting worked up by your opponents is schoolboy stuff.

so if it wasnt a strike what was it? i'll tell you, it was nothing more than him putting (not even raising) his elbows to his side to protect himself. why should he step back? i wonder did you even see the incident. have a look at this and tell me this even nearly deserved a yellow..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJrHi1oUG-4

Uncle_Joe
21/06/2010, 11:19 AM
The only way to stop people diving and faking injuries is to bring in retrospective punishment. The referee clearly had a very bad night, two really bad decisions that changed a game.

Originally I though that Keita deliberatley ran towards Kaka, but the replays show he was just jogging along looking the wrong way, but heading straight towards Kaka. Kaka probably saw this as a player coming to cause trouble and leaned into the oncoming Keita. Keita(minding his own business) suddenly gets an elbow/shoulder check, and while its still a bit pathetic, goes down like a sack of spuds like most modern players would do, complete with face holding for extra effect.

Its all just a nothing incident which is only being talked about because Keita decided to make a meal of it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8750797.stm

TheBoss
21/06/2010, 11:22 AM
The referee was 100% right to brandish the yellow card, it is an off the ball incident, Kaka had no need to do it, he deliberately stopped Keita and deserves a card for this, I am baffled by people saying he was unlucky.

bennocelt
21/06/2010, 11:26 AM
The referee was 100% right to brandish the yellow card, it is an off the ball incident, Kaka had no need to do it, he deliberately stopped Keita and deserves a card for this, I am baffled by people saying he was unlucky.

Ss some one else mentioned - try this in a sunday league game and see what reation you would get - no need for diving in what is meant to be a contact sport. Get real

Sullivinho
21/06/2010, 11:32 AM
These 'hold my face and gyrate on the grass' types need banning, for two reasons:

1. It's deception, and the target is the referee.
2. It's fu**ing embarassing to watch. How these guys don't feel like utter pansies is beyond me but I suspect they feel like tactical geniuses.

I'd suggest that kind of behaviour falls under the 'bringing the game into disrepute' category.

OwlsFan
21/06/2010, 11:51 AM
there was no deliberate movement of kakas elbow towards the ivory coast player. the ivory player went to kaka looking for trouble and his reaction after was pathetic. the brazilians are no saints either but the sending off was ludicrous. the ref didnt even see it but took the ivory coast players at their word that kaka had elbowed your man in the face, unbelievable!

You're listening too much to the RTE Panel. I would almost guarantee you that the call was made by the linesman or third official with whom he would have contact with. If he thought he elbowed him in the face, why wasn't it a straight red? That said, if he knew it wasn't in the face why wasn't the IC player booked but then nearly every player from each team would have to been booked for play acting.

Interesting though that many here who have seen the slow motion still have different views. I thought it was a slight dig by Kaka in the ribs of the IC player. Tough job for the ref and his assistants then,

jbyrne
21/06/2010, 11:52 AM

oh please, he is not obliged to get out of the way at all. kaka just stood his ground and the ivory player knew exactly what he was doing. someone doing the birdie dance in the vicinity of the ivory coast player would be a far more agressive act than what kaka did

osarusan
21/06/2010, 12:05 PM
I would almost guarantee you that the call was made by the linesman or third official with whom he would have contact with.
I assumed this to be the case too.

In my opinion, Kaka knew he was coming, and raised an elbow to make Keita think twice about running at him. Keita kept running (maybe he was even delighted to see the elbow) and the contact happened. Ridiculous exaggeration and deception by Keita, but still stupidity by Kaka for doing what he did, especially on a yellow card.

Also, given that the Ivory Coast need Brazil to beat Portugal, I'm not sure it's in their best interests to see Kaka suspended.

Finally, what we saw last night wasn't any different to incidents we 've seen before, and will again. Luis Fabiano was guilty of the same deception just before that incident when he went down clutching his right leg in agony whan replays showed there had been no contact with the leg at all. I actually thought that as much as the Ivory Coast were putting in niggling tackles, Brazil wanted to portray themselves as the victims of niggling tackles at every opportunity.

Den Perry
21/06/2010, 1:27 PM
And there was no diving by Brazilian players? Lucio and Luis Fabiano didn't spend the whole game throwing themselves to the ground? Oh, sorry. It's Brazil. They're immune from any criticism because they played good football in the 1970s and 80s, with occasional flashes since.

Nothing to do with Brazil being immune from criticism. However, they did not behave like the animal that no 9 was last night and while all play acting is despicable, some is done to earn a free, kill a bit of time, However what that IC No 18 did was plainly to get an opponent sent off. I hope that bloke gets a long suspension for his actions.

In addition, I cannot see what Kaka could have done to avoid the cheat. Kaka was not aggressive in any way. If some bloke is hurtling towards you, are you supposed to let him knock you over?

endabob1
21/06/2010, 1:53 PM
Maybe just step out of his way?

Den Perry
21/06/2010, 2:08 PM
Maybe just step out of his way?

and I think that's what he did do.He didn't even appear to stand his ground. To me it looked like Kaka was stepping out of the way and put is arm back to shield himself

For what its worth I believe what that that IC player did is far more deplorable than Henry's actions in Paris(I'll probably be slated for saying it, I know)

Stuttgart88
21/06/2010, 4:18 PM

I'm baffled you see it that way :)

The Ivorian guy wasn't looking where he was going, Kaka - looking towards the ball - saw him about to run into him out of the corner of his eye and instinctively raised his arm - only by a small bit, making contact at no force whatsoever in the guy's torso somewhere. Ivorian bloke faked that there was force and that it was in his face.

The standard UK pundit quote (just offered by Lee Dixon in context of Swiss game) is "you can't raise your hand". In my mind that's as ludicrous as saying "there was contact" (and by implication a foul). Each case is different, and I think Kaka can't be blamed for "raising his hand" - if he hadn't the Ivorian would have clattered into him. There wasn't even a hint of aggression, malice or anything even remotely malign in it.

The ref clearly didn't see it, didn't seem to take a consultation*, and then offered only a yellow. Bizarre.

* I don't watch RTE over here Owls Fan!

I think I saw it exactly the same way as jbyrne, denperry & others, and agree totally with sullivinho about how a player couldn't be embarrassed by such an act. I really hope FIFA take action even if it is only the same fine they imposed on Rivaldo in 2002.

A N Mouse
21/06/2010, 4:35 PM
I think it was a thing of beauty. The only thing more poetic would have it happening to that fecker lucio in the box.

And anyway, should we be reveling in the schadenfreude that sees another frenchman go home early?