rob mcdonald
19/06/2010, 8:19 PM
Heard we signed this centre half ex Dundee

red arrow
20/06/2010, 5:43 PM
lots of experience. would be a good sighing if true

Only1Rovers
22/06/2010, 10:23 AM
I suppose this means Peers is gone, or going?

sligorover
23/06/2010, 9:12 PM
I suppose this means Peers is gone, or going?
Why? I'd have thought we'd be looking for a centre back anyways with Mauro likely to be out a long time.

poster
24/06/2010, 6:45 PM
I assume this is the 'Jim' the younger lads go mad about?

avvenalaf
30/06/2010, 2:36 PM
He signed yesterday. Foran to go in July. Peers here till end of season.

Redie
30/06/2010, 3:58 PM
He signed yesterday. Foran to go in July. Peers here till end of season.

All good news except for Foran leaving, don't think he was given enough of a chance to establish himself and would have liked to have seen him given a shot at right full.

However, that's football.

rob mcdonald
30/06/2010, 4:45 PM
Foran did more in 45mins than ventre has all season, so poor its unreal. Right back, centreback makes no difference always likely to cost us. Foran didnt get any real run in the team to make a real decision on him. Conor o'grady could certainly play right back why not try it and dont see any reason why danny isnt dropped. maybe thats what he needs.

avvenalaf
30/06/2010, 5:55 PM
Drop Danny? Drop Danny? There's as much chance of that happening as there is of John Gormley riding out with the North Union Hunt. If Conor had not been suspended for the cup final last year, Danny would have played in goals.

Well Red
30/06/2010, 6:17 PM
Drop Danny? Drop Danny? There's as much chance of that happening as there is of John Gormley riding out with the North Union Hunt. If Conor had not been suspended for the cup final last year, Danny would have played in goals.

Or even the Ward Union Hunt avvenalaf !!

avvenalaf
30/06/2010, 10:43 PM
Well Red? Well named.

Oldred
04/07/2010, 8:01 PM
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/866047/Sport-of-the-World-special-on-how-to-cope-with-a-free-transfer.html

Interesting article!

Nah Nah Nah Nah
06/07/2010, 7:03 PM
He did well last night I thought. Will be interesting to see who gets dropped so the Son of Cook keeps his place when Peers comes back

gustavo
06/07/2010, 8:04 PM
I'd say Keane most likely

sarahmcaulay
06/07/2010, 8:26 PM
I'm a Dundee season ticket holder and went to every game last season, jim lauchlan was the best player we had. he's one of those players that shine every week and he saved us on more than one occasion, I'm sure big Jim will be great for yous and I'm sure gonna miss him at dens, he is incredible!

avvenalaf
06/07/2010, 9:20 PM
I'd say Keane most likely

Well, it won't be Cookson anyway.

jc46
07/07/2010, 2:34 PM
I have held my fire on Ventre till now but after seeing his recent performances, i feel he is not worthy to be on the bench. Derek Foran is head and shoulders above him and the poor guy is not getting a game or fair play. Nearly every goal we concede is routed through Ventre. He is an honest player and gives his all but unfortunately it's not enough. There are better players in the Sligo Leitrim league who would jump at the chance to play for the bit of red

avvenalaf
07/07/2010, 2:54 PM
I'll second that, word for word.

showgies
07/07/2010, 3:29 PM
I have held my fire on Ventre till now but after seeing his recent performances, i feel he is not worthy to be on the bench. Derek Foran is head and shoulders above him and the poor guy is not getting a game or fair play. Nearly every goal we concede is routed through Ventre. He is an honest player and gives his all but unfortunately it's not enough. There are better players in the Sligo Leitrim league who would jump at the chance to play for the bit of red

Agreed.....each game he plays the less I respect Cook

Well Red
07/07/2010, 4:25 PM
I'm a Dundee season ticket holder and went to every game last season, jim lauchlan was the best player we had. he's one of those players that shine every week and he saved us on more than one occasion, I'm sure big Jim will be great for yous and I'm sure gonna miss him at dens, he is incredible!

Thanks for your comments, he is the type of player that we need at Sligo and hope he can have a good couple of seasons with us.

red arrow
07/07/2010, 6:43 PM
jim lauchlin should be made captain of the team. i hear he is a real leader. delighted to have him on board

avvenalaf
07/07/2010, 10:41 PM
You think there is a chance of Cookson losing the captaincy? You liveth not in the real world.

red arrow
08/07/2010, 12:19 PM
mcevilly wont play again for sligo rovers this season. i hear he fractured a bone in his leg. we have no luck. also keane out for tomorrow night due to suspension

CRFC&SRFC
10/07/2010, 2:44 PM
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/866047/Sport-of-the-World-special-on-how-to-cope-with-a-free-transfer.html

Interesting insight..