PDA

View Full Version : they say the irish are thick

the 12 th man
13/04/2004, 1:18 PM
just back from manchester from a kids football competition.boy did i meet some thickies on the way.
went to the bar in the hotel and asked for a coke and an orange juice (for my 2 kids ) the guy goes and pours the two drinks into the one glass!!
(well i did say coke and orange juice he said)

brought the kids into the man utd shop in old traff.i asked the girl at the till did they sell football boots she replied"naw mate we used to but not any more".
walking around the shop and lo and behold hanging on the wall were football boots for sale.i bought the boots and decided to check the box to make sure they were both the same size.opened the box,only one boot in it :eek:

Declan_Michael
13/04/2004, 1:22 PM
serves you right for going to Old Trafford :p

Peadar
13/04/2004, 1:34 PM
just back from manchester from a kids football competition.boy did i meet some thickies on the way.

I love Manchester!
What a great town.
Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
I always feel guilty about the IRA bombing but they mention it.

As Declan_Michael said though,
serves you right for going to Old Trafford

the 12 th man
13/04/2004, 1:44 PM
serves you right for going to Old Trafford :p

wouldnt be my scene ideally,but there was six busloads of us and we stopped outside on the way from the hotel to the boat.when the kids heard they were outside the man utd shop there was no way i was going to get out of it.

Peadar
13/04/2004, 1:46 PM
when the kids heard they were outside the man utd shop there was no way i was going to get out of it.

Kids these days have more money than sense :D

the 12 th man
13/04/2004, 2:07 PM
the standard of refereeing at the competition was pathetic.they had the few proper refs doing the older kids matches (under 14,15,16) but the under 8 and 9s were reffed by kids of 15 or 16 who just couldnt be arsed to do the right thing(like the samba soccer instructors :rolleyes: )

there were 2 byes in one of the groups into the next round( beacuse of odd numbers of teams)and both went to local teams (didbury & bury) how lucky was that.

Jim Smith
13/04/2004, 2:12 PM
I always feel guilty about the IRA bombing but they mention it.

You obviously never saw the old Arandale shopping centre...it resembled a large brown tiled toilet in more ways than one.

I was on a tour of the building stones of Manchester a couple of years back and the two old codgers (retired geology profs) giving the tour were quite upbeat about the place being blown up as it was the only way the place was going to be redone. This was just after they had been thrown out of a fashion shop for lying on the floor looking at the fossils in the limestone so their veiws may not have been representative of the population at large ;)

parnell ranger
13/04/2004, 3:41 PM
the standard of refereeing at the competition was pathetic.they had the few proper refs doing the older kids matches (under 14,15,16) but the under 8 and 9s were reffed by kids of 15 or 16 who just couldnt be arsed to do the right thing(like the samba soccer instructors :rolleyes: )

there were 2 byes in one of the groups into the next round( beacuse of odd numbers of teams)and both went to local teams (didbury & bury) how lucky was that.

but did didbury bury bury?

the 12 th man
13/04/2004, 3:55 PM
but did didbury bury bury?

nah,they drew.
but east fife 5 ,fofar 4 was a thriller :D

Peadar
13/04/2004, 4:14 PM
the two old codgers (retired geology profs) giving the tour were quite upbeat about the place being blown up as it was the only way the place was going to be redone.

That's what I mean about them being such nice people, they found something to be positive about during a bleak incident.
It's not the first time I've heard people talk about the ugly buildings that were destroyed. That whole area is quite nice now.
Down as far as the Printworks is very nice.