PDA

View Full Version : Fair play Pat Dolan

Neil
13/04/2004, 12:10 PM
It's about time someone stood up for our club. The likes of Shels with Olly Byrne have been walking all over the FAI and other eL clubs for years. And we've just accepted it.

At least Pat isin't prepared to put up with abuse from Fenlon and getting raked by Heary.

Made me sick to see Olly Byrne lording it in the corner of the Horseshoe before the game.

Also nice to see Danny Murphy getting stuck into the Jackeens. George, Colin T, Flynny and of course Greg hit them hard at times aswell. I would have liked to have a Derek Coughlan out there last night to crack some Dub bones.

wws
13/04/2004, 12:12 PM
you stand up to the likes of shels by beating them not by assaulting their manager when you get outclassed

Neil
13/04/2004, 12:16 PM
you stand up to the likes of shels by beating them not by assaulting their manager when you get outclassed

But when you've lost the game and there's been racial abuse thrown at ya you have no option but to belt the ****s.

liamon
13/04/2004, 12:20 PM
Can't fault that. Picking a fight with the opposition after they've stuffed you on the pitch just looks like sour grapes.

tiktok
13/04/2004, 12:49 PM

agreed! Dolan has come out of this smelling of sh!t instead of roses. i'm not interested in his 'passion' off the pitch, i want to see results on the pitch.

Neil
13/04/2004, 1:46 PM
I can't understand how people here can say that the team plays with no pride... It seems to me people forget about the "best performance of the season" last Friday very quickly. If we win the next two (which we probably will) then ye'll all be looking for odds on City to win the League (which we won't).

Ollies celebration isin't the only thing over the top at the moment. :rolleyes:

Neil
13/04/2004, 2:09 PM
My point is it's the same people who declared the win against SPA as "performance of the season" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. who are all of a sudden talking about no pride etc. etc. etc. etc.

I don't think we were that far off the mark last night. If Dan Murray wasn't having a nightmare we probably would have drawn and possibly won. And then the doom-merchants on here would be singing a different tune.

I was delighted with the result on Friday. I was disgusted with the result last night. In fact I felt physically sick after the game (and it wasn't just the sight of Ollie Byrne mangling a dog burger outside the ground) but there's no point in packing it all in after a loss to the reigning champions (poor ambassadors as they may be).

The problem is that people blindly think that we can win the league this year. We are still a bit behind Bohs and Shels (they have been pro for 2/3 years) but come next year we SHOULD be in a position to really challenge. It was always a 3-year plan.

Ruairi
13/04/2004, 2:22 PM
In fact I felt physically sick after the game (and it wasn't just the sight of Ollie Byrne mangling a dog burger outside the ground)
That was probably my singing dude

Colm
13/04/2004, 2:23 PM
I can't understand how people here can say that the team plays with no pride... It seems to me people forget about the "best performance of the season" last Friday very quickly. If we win the next two (which we probably will) then ye'll all be looking for odds on City to win the League (which we won't).

Ollies celebration isin't the only thing over the top at the moment. :rolleyes:

Spot on.
A lot of people on here change their minds so often.... fickle ain't the word!
A prime example is that on the way to the Pats game certain people were constantly bitching about Dolan but on the way back, after we'd won, the same people thought Dolan was the worlds greatest manager.
Also, after last fridays game everyone was saying how passionate our players are and so on and now all of a sudden they've got no pride etc. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd like to echo Neil's original sentiments and say fair play to Pat Dolan for standing up (down?!) to that little midget Fenlon. Nice to see we've got a manager who cares about our club....

Neil
13/04/2004, 2:37 PM
lads if you think we are heading in the right direction at the moment ye are well mistaken

have you got that on good authority? from the horses mouth like?

Neil
13/04/2004, 3:07 PM
Well said "Conor". Let's just "hope" we "win" "in" "Derry".

Éanna
13/04/2004, 4:32 PM
Can't fault that. Picking a fight with the opposition after they've stuffed you on the pitch just looks like sour grapes.
agreed. a professional manager should not get involved in that kind of crap no matter what the provocation. All of us would love to give Ollie byrne and midget fenlon a good slapping but we all know how much power they have at merrion square. this won't do city any good.

A face
13/04/2004, 5:39 PM
no matter what the provocation.

Are you sure about that ?? :(

It has to stop somewhere ..... even for $h€l$ !! :mad:

Gary
13/04/2004, 5:41 PM
It was always a 3-year plan.

Fuuck sake. A 3 yr plan. Is that like Roddy Collins 7 yr plan for Carlisle, or Don Riordans 5 yr plan for Sligo? We have now been on some sort of ".....term plan" for god knows how long.

Im not going to get hysterical over last night. We lost to a far better team. A team who we have no hope of coming even close in the next 5-6 yrs, but it was the ease with which Shels beat us was the clincher.

Lets be honest, if it wasnt for the OGs, we would have lost anyway. When they got the first one we were struggling big time, and for the second, that probably was going in anyway.

As for Pats assault on fenlon. As deserved as it may be, he has dragged our name into the gutter. If it were a fan, he would be banned for life.

univibe
13/04/2004, 7:18 PM
i wonder is all this "carry on " affecting the players on the pitch, we did not have half of it last season and we were a more settled team then :ball:

SSS
13/04/2004, 7:21 PM
Yet another incident surrounds a poor city performance. A smoke screen created again to get people talking about something other than that so-called performance last night.

As soon as we went one down last night Pat upped the ante on the sideline - as if creating a scene with the officials would get the team or crowd going.
Needless to say, it didn't work this time.
Is that tactic officially recognised by UEFA?

Real ale Madrid
13/04/2004, 10:51 PM
agreed! Dolan has come out of this smelling of sh!t instead of roses. i'm not interested in his 'passion' off the pitch, i want to see results on the pitch.

YOU HAVE IT IN A NUTSHELL. TIKTOK. Very very well said. Pat Dolan has been"involved" in the three home games this season. He has a responsibility as manager of the best supported team in this island to act in a manner befitting of the club, the city and most importantly his PLAYERS and the SUPPORTERS especially the legions of
young fans seen at the cross. Things go against us all in all walks of life - his behaviour is to my mind unacceptable at the moment.

As for the performance well - i would not be worried about the goals - these things happen. But we were totally out of it in midfield again - i have yet to see a Cork City midfield get a grip of a game for a sustained period of time since Patsy Freyne retired from playing. He was a typical anchor man - a great man a get hold of a ball put it on the deck and pass it. Brendan Sweeney has the potential but MUST MUST be given a sustained run in the team to give him the confidence he needs. I cannot the fathom the current popularity of Colin O'Brien as a central midfield player he went out of the game for long periods last night and that is one position where you cant possibly let the game pass you by.

Flynninio
13/04/2004, 11:09 PM
dolans rant on red fm bout cork to me sounds like he half given up - he now knows physicaly we fcuked -he is tactically naieve he has bought bunch of midgets to play in this league.with pats he had very physical team n they played physical game - he had class in the middle with osam n gormley -we have nothing near that.
strange results again tonite the gypos beaten at home n pats beaten longford away the glassblowers gettin whipped by rovers last nite.- 2nd place maybe anybodys.

Neil
14/04/2004, 12:28 PM
Fuuck sake. A 3 yr plan. Is that like Roddy Collins 7 yr plan for Carlisle, or Don Riordans 5 yr plan for Sligo? We have now been on some sort of ".....term plan" for god knows how long.

:rolleyes:

No.

and no.

and you're wrong.

It's Lennox's/Dolan's 3-year plan.

It took Alex Ferguson about 10 years. The people in charge set a realistic plan. The supporters want to win the league yesterday and that's fine but what's the point in going around screaming like babies when we lose a game?

"Talk about over reaction" is what you said in one of your other Lordly messages wasn't it?

Gary
14/04/2004, 6:25 PM

No.

and no.

and you're wrong.

It's Lennox's/Dolan's 3-year plan.

It took Alex Ferguson about 10 years. The people in charge set a realistic plan. The supporters want to win the league yesterday and that's fine but what's the point in going around screaming like babies when we lose a game?

"Talk about over reaction" is what you said in one of your other Lordly messages wasn't it?

This time last yr you were saying look at next season. Will you always be happy to say that? By the looks of it, yes. I wasnt having a go at you Neil, i was merely stating that this "..term plan.." stuff is getting boring and repetitive, but God knows i shouldnt disagree with you.

Maybe you are right, maybe you are wrong. That will remain to be seen. Hopefully there is some sort of plan, and we can finally, once and for all say that something has worked out for us.

Now fuuck yorself with your little keyboard insults.

ramblers
14/04/2004, 7:25 PM
Well City have finaly lost the plot.
Dolan has been found out I all ready new he was a bluffer but now he proves it he always did talk a load of Rubbish.

The sooner everyone else wakes up and realises this the better.

Colm
14/04/2004, 11:11 PM
Maybe you are right, maybe you are wrong. That will remain to be seen. Hopefully there is some sort of plan

To be fair he's right. It's always been a three year plan and we are only a mere 1 year and 6 games into it.

Well City have finaly lost the plot.
Dolan has been found out I all ready new he was a bluffer but now he proves it he always did talk a load of Rubbish.

The sooner everyone else wakes up and realises this the better.

Fcuk off back to you're cow shed and don't be annoying us. Why don't you go control your thugs who pretend to be footballers instead of troubling yourself with Premier Division matters that don't concern you.

City Hero
14/04/2004, 11:26 PM
Just a few things worth considering;

- A lot of bad blood between Dolan & Shels in general since the whole player registration fiasco from 2 seasons ago.

- Owen Heary apparantly kicking Dolan on the touchline at Tolka end of last season (the famous night that some of ye lucky *******s got drink at half time).

- The whole Cork village thing (offiical shels website announcement re buses to "Cork village" as previously posted by someone). They also mentioned the "village" a number of times on their fans message board about making the trip.

- Shels are a bunch of moaning bast*rds.

- Dolan has a tendancy to over react.

The real answer to who was right/wrong in the tunnel after the game will come if Shels file a complaint or "take action" as they like to call it. They would need some good evidence if they want to take this any further don't you think.

ramblers
20/04/2004, 6:20 PM
To be fair he's right. It's always been a three year plan and we are only a mere 1 year and 6 games into it.

Fcuk off back to you're cow shed and don't be annoying us. Why don't you go control your thugs who pretend to be footballers instead of troubling yourself with Premier Division matters that don't concern you.

I beleive the cows shed is in turners cross.The premier division wont concern you for much longer if City keep playing the way they are.

At least Dave Hill can get a team to show spirit and Battle on a limited budget unlike Dolan who can sign 30 players and still complain.

Colm
20/04/2004, 9:56 PM
At least Dave Hill can get a team to show spirit and Battle

If spirit and battle involves getting about 20 red cards a season and basking in the glory of midtable in the first divison, then ye're more than welcome to it.

SÓC
20/04/2004, 10:31 PM
If spirit and battle involves getting about 20 red cards a season and basking in the glory of midtable in the first divison, then ye're more than welcome to it.

But they drew with us in a preseason friendly. Targets for their seasons have already been achived. Anything else is a bonus to them.

Éanna
21/04/2004, 6:11 PM
At least Dave Hill can get a team to show spirit and Battle
if they battled like that on the street they'd be arrested for attempted mudrder or GBH.
Hows about a new motto for ramblers "Thuggery in shorts"