PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Order

thecorner
13/04/2004, 8:45 AM
i hate to be bringing a rant like this but i was totally disgusted with the sheds behaviour last night

love him or hate him but ollie cahill had a right to celebrate his goal whatever way he liked

he give him grief,he takes it so when he gives it back the shed should be able to take it

2 home games running now where objects were thrown at players for celebrating a goal

the amount of grief that ollie has got over the years,he has a right to say "fcuk you" when he scores

there is a small minority that is gonna give the shed the name of scum

Ruairi
13/04/2004, 8:51 AM
love him or hate him but ollie cahill had a right to celebrate his goal whatever way he liked

no, he doesn't.

what ollie did last night would be classed as incitement, not unlike what dan connor did. if ollie did that in any other league in the world he would fined, and he would have been yellow carded. he deserved the abuse he got

*edit* i'm on about the verbal abuse here, i;m not condoning object throwing in any way shape or form

thecorner
13/04/2004, 8:58 AM
no, he doesn't.

. if ollie did that in any other league in the world he would fined,

eh. what did he do

we all dont like him but fined for clebrating a goal,i dont think so :rolleyes:

soccer:its not for goals

so if ur willing to give it but not take it,stay at home

tiktok
13/04/2004, 9:05 AM
two or three people may not be representative of the shed but I'm well sick of seeing bottles being thrown onto the pitch, (usually from the back left hand corner, it's been happening on and off for three years now), there already is an element in the shed that are scum, but it's easily solved.

a few years ago you'd hear a good few racist chants in the shed, but it got to the stage where people weren't taking it anymore and bawled the offenders out of it. the same should happen with the bottle throwers, I've no problem pointing these idiots out to stewards or police to have them ejected and neither should anybody else, better one less scumbag in the shed than have the club fined or docked points when the next bottle might connect with a player or ref.

as for Cahill, I'm with the corner, we dish it out, if he scores we have to expect him to give it back to us, it's understandable IMO. the answer isn't bottle throwing, it's giving it to him worse next time, because now we have proof it was getting to him ;)

Ruairi
13/04/2004, 9:12 AM
eh. what did he do
IN any other league players are not allowed to celebrate in front of opposition fans, because it incites the crowd. when a player does that anywhere else, it's an automatic booking. what ollie did last night (in case you weren;t watching corner, he put his arms out wide and stared at the shed, and then at the corner, basically saying fcuk you to everyone) was incitement

Neil
13/04/2004, 9:16 AM
IN any other league players are not allowed to celebrate in front of opposition fans, because it incites the crowd. when a player does that anywhere else, it's an automatic booking. what ollie did last night (in case you weren;t watching corner, he put his arms out wide and stared at the shed, and then at the corner, basically saying fcuk you to everyone) was incitement

Spot on. If we had referees who knew the rules he would have been booked. Players DO NOT have the right to do whatever the **** they want on the pitch.

tiktok
13/04/2004, 9:19 AM
what ollie did last night (in case you weren;t watching corner, he put his arms out wide and stared at the shed, and then at the corner, basically saying fcuk you to everyone) was incitement

there was probably a case for booking him but the above is nothing compared to Dan connor (or Trevor Molloy in the past). if Fenn had done the same against waterford we'd be lapping it up. ollie's had to put up with a torrent of (deserved) abuse, jeez, learn how to take someone giving you the evil eye.

thecorner
13/04/2004, 9:35 AM
what ollie did last night (in case you weren;t watching corner, he put his arms out wide and stared at the shed, and then at the corner, basically saying fcuk you to everyone) was incitement

which he had every right to do. can u imagine woodsie dooing that at inchicore against rovers.likewise fenn at the r.s.c

we would love it

grow up now lads and take the good with the bad

there is no excuse for throwing bottles at players

Éanna
13/04/2004, 10:10 AM
the little scuts who did that should be caught and banned. and ollie cahill should be fined for inciting the crowd. end of story

ian
13/04/2004, 11:19 AM
Boys boys boys get over this little thing for fcuk sake. He was right to do what he did and it give the crowd somthing to shout about and to get the ground going.

So lads lets get it together and stop this.

thecorner
13/04/2004, 11:42 AM
LOVELY TO SEE ALL THE BABIES CRYING OVER CAHILL'S GOAL CELEBRATION

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thecorner
13/04/2004, 11:51 AM
more like crying over last nights performance"corner".im sure even with your football knowledge :rolleyes: you were crying as well

performance wise-yes

but mountain bein made out of a molehill with celebration

eoinh
13/04/2004, 12:05 PM
imagine if those bottles where thrown in european competition and hit a player. we'ld be banned and Turners Cross would not get a derogation.

Bottle throwing is wrong. How childish to throw a bottle.

Wow - Ollie stared at the shed. Well, stare back. The goal actually was deflected off Dan Murray as well.

sadloserkid
13/04/2004, 12:07 PM
Lads, even in my limited exposure to Turners Cross I know that Ollie Cahill has gotten a hard time from you guys. I was there last year when all those charming little banners with 'scum' on them were waved enthusiastically at him. I don't know exactly what happened after he scored but unless he was making hand gestures or using foul/abusive language I think you're totally over-reacting. I've seen it happen so many times when a player who's beeing balled out of it throughout the match by opposition fans scores a goal and then comes over to celebrate in front of the people who have been abusing him. Fair play to them I say. In my own experience I've had to deal with Alan Murphy, Eric Molloy, 2/3s of the Waterford team making a point of celebrating their goal directly in front of me usually with frantic gestures to the club crest on their shirt. I don't get overly excited about it to be honest. If you dish it out you should be able to take it. If The Shed had been sitting in silence throughout the match I would think that Cahill was acting the toss€r but as things stand... it's just karma.

eoinh
13/04/2004, 12:11 PM
it's just karma.

Yeah, but if its instant karma it'll slap you right in the face :)

sadloserkid
13/04/2004, 12:17 PM
Yeah, but if its instant karma it'll slap you right in the face :)

Delayed it is then...

ian
13/04/2004, 12:30 PM
Lads stop this!!!!!!!! come on lads drop it or we will go down with all this talk. :rolleyes: :cool: :cool:

thecorner
13/04/2004, 1:06 PM
Lads stop this!!!!!!!! come on lads drop it or we will go down with all this talk. :rolleyes: :cool: :cool:

just making a point ian

if they are willing to dish it out to players,they should be willing to recieve it back

DolansWaistcoat
13/04/2004, 1:26 PM
This is a useless topic because as someone said throwing bottles is childish,thats spot on because it's two or three 14 year old scum bags at the back of the shed who are throwing the bottles and cans and they are giving the whole shed a bad name.

And corner you were on about us throwing things from the shed being out of order and I clearly saw someone from the corner throwing a can or something at the shels players as they celebrated with Ollie after the second goal.One of the shels players spotted it too and kicked it off the pitch and made his point to the idiot who threw it that he'd probably shove the can down his throat if he had the guts to do that out on the street.

My point is there are stupid muppits all over the stadium who give us all a bad name not just in shed.

one_bounce
13/04/2004, 2:07 PM
lads.. grow up for fuxake.. ollie was given serious abuse by the crowd.. including me, when he took the corner just before he scored it was unbelievable.. then he scores and takes a bow to the shed..
whats the problem here? its called humour and you shouldnt be booked or any of the other **** people are going on with.. he took a load of abuse and gave a little back.. so what??
the knackers who threw the bottles prob cant read or write so theres no point going on with this thread.. i reckon self policing is the only way as was pointed out earlier

the 12 th man
13/04/2004, 2:13 PM
. i reckon self policing is the only way as was pointed out earlier

couldnt agree more.peer pressure is the best way to sort it out.if the toe rags think its not cool (as in, you let them know collectively its not) with the people in the same area of the ground as they are, they will stop.i think something similar was used in the racist chanting thing that started to get a foothold.

Gary
13/04/2004, 5:53 PM
We really are a pathetic shower of cry babies.

Christ sake, last season George danced a jig in front of the Shams gfans after he scored in the Cross, we thought he was the man for it.

Get over it. people are only looking for peroblems to moan about. There are a lot more real problems which dont need searching for, namely the "security" in the Cross.

Éanna
13/04/2004, 5:55 PM
It was ridiculous for people to react to what Ollie did by throwing bottles and cans. Similarly, Ollie is a professional and should be big enough to ignore a small (compared to other occasions) slagging. Its only going to make it worse for him in the long run. Childish on both sides really.

pete
15/04/2004, 11:40 AM
2 separate topics.

Ollie may or may not have been correct in his behaviour.

Throwing abjects onto the pitch is wrong & should result in life ban for offenders! No exceptions! City will have to show they trying to solve problem by posting stewards in front of shed & catching any offenders!

rolo
15/04/2004, 2:31 PM
when the contingency plan to stamp out the little thugs first came, we had 2 gardai and 3 stewards up the back of the shed controlling the little spastics who came for an underage fag or gatt, and in no way to watch football.

this has recently become either only 1 garda or 1 steward, with only one of the same coming to solve any trouble that usually arises from these scuts.

why does the club still fail to do anything about these kids??

ok its money coming into the club, but personally i think we would be better off without them, seeing as it is they who are the constant culprits for racial abuse or throwing of objects, upsetting every supporter around them who is trying to urge city on.

someone should be telling brian lennox that the problem is still far from sorted, as that is what they seem to think by putting the situation on the backburner, once again.