PDA

View Full Version : Where was the pride and the ****ing passion?!

Éanna
12/04/2004, 11:44 PM
Gutless heartless and spineless is about all you can say after watching that crock of ****e that passed for a performance at the cross tonight. Not content with scoring both of shels goals for them, we just lay down and died on top of it. What the hell is wrong with us that we can destroy pats and then fall apart all within 3 days?! Its one thing being beaten by a better team (which Shels are) but to go down without a fight is sickening. Greg, George and Danny Murphy are the only 3 players on them team who turned in anything like the required performance. If we keep this up we'll be lucky to finish in the top half. This inconsistency will kill us. We've been saying that our target this season is to finish closer to shels than last season- we're almost as far behind already!!!!! :mad: Those players who walked out of the cross grinning and chatting on their phones tonight would want to go home and have a long hard look at themselves. No communication, no committment and no interest- not good enough.

As for what happened Ollie Cahill. Nothing can excuse the fools who threw bottles- I hope they're caught and banned; but did he expect people to throw roses?! In any other league he'd be fined and banned for inciting the crowd,and should probably have been at least booked too. Its not the first time he's done it either

goc&jof
13/04/2004, 12:03 AM
i totally agree with you eanna.... we were shoc king tonight.... greg had a brilliant match were has he been for the first 3 matchs? georgie was trying his hardest but yet i think it should be him and flynny up front.... nwankwo was good also tonight... he is good enogh getting the ball around the player but then he lets them have it our gives a very bad pass.... flynny wasnt himself yet there is no one there to pass him the ball i.e put georgie back up front... kevin dolye was poor/ he had a bad match... fenn the poor fella had a terrible match....
pat needs to get the team orginised better....

Éanna
13/04/2004, 12:07 AM
BUT SHELS SCORED COS OF LUCK ON THERE SIDE. IF IT WASNT FOR THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A NIL ALL DRAW
shels won because we didn't have the hunger. the last 20 mins they hardly attacked. if it had been 0-0 they would have. being honest, I couldn't care if we'd won the game,it was still a pathetic performance- no excuses for not giving 100%

Ozymandias
13/04/2004, 10:17 AM
I've been saying this since last year...there was a time when teams hated coming to the cross and usually left with nothing.....now we look like losing at home on a regular basis to anyone that has a bit of passion and hunger in there play....its not good enough.....where is our fortress gone.....we have to many players that hide and are afraid and a manager taht is tacticly naive....

pre season lads on here and on city net were saying the title is ours yet the start we have made just shows no lessons have been learned from last season....things could get worse ..I hope not

thecorner
13/04/2004, 11:39 AM
also ollie cahills celebration was a disgrace

and so was the reply

GET OVER IT :rolleyes:

razor
13/04/2004, 12:44 PM
Another gutless, sickening display in front of a full house.
Same old story, big crowd, City sh*t the bed and most of them don't come back.
Dan Murray must be dropped, he is costing us big style. Thought Greg was excellent, our best player by a mile. Benno was solid.
At HT 0-0 was about right but they were the better side and looked dangerous on numerous occasions, we didn't.

Nwanko and George did ok, I think when things don't go his way George loses interest. I don't think there's room in the starting 11 for Fenn, O'Flynn & George. Of course we may not have that problem now with John injured.
George ain't a midfielder, too physical for him.
Doyle was poor, Fenn was awful , lost a load of ball.
I lost count of the number of times Devine collected the ball and had absolutely no outlet whatsoever apart from the hoof.
McNulty might deserve a run out too, Mick was below par.

Dolan must take the rap, Get the feeling the team has no shape or idea what they are doing, confusion reigns, and of course half of them look as if they couldn't care less.
Is it me or am I getting the impression that the players don't seem as if they want to play for Pat.

rolo
13/04/2004, 1:36 PM
last nights performance was ridiculous.

dan murray is a complete liability at the moment. either he wakes up very soon or he is dropped, captain or not, he was terrible last night.

can anyone tell me... for all the hoofing, did we win one header up front all night?? from what i saw, the ball was pumped up everytime we tried to attack and it was given straight back to shels. what is the point of a long ball tactic if our front players are that much smaller than the defenders?

i thought george was pretty dismal last night also... got himself around and tried to break up play, but his passing was arseways and he played balls to empty areas of the pitch on a number of occasions.
fenn and flynn were never going to have any chance of good possession with the stupid tactics we were playing. especially when the long balls werent even of a good quality!

i too thought ollie's celebrations were over the top and unwarranted to their extent. he would be punished anywhere else, but sure what are we to expect from the association and such. the gimps who threw the can and bottle should be removed permanently from the ground though. that too with the vocal racist and the little pleb who threw the bottle at the people down front of the shed, hitting the garda. looks like the grand plan to stop these actions has fallen to the wayside...

we need to start playing good possession soon with perhaps some passing involved before we can hope to improve on performances like last night.

not to be totally down, i thought danny, benno and greg had good games last night, and nwankwo was good though he got swallowed up by the shels midfield at times.

Peadar
13/04/2004, 1:52 PM
What the hell is wrong with us that we can destroy pats and then fall apart all within 3 days?!

Just proves that Pats are worse than us.
That's the way Pat Dolan left them and that's what's instore for us.
Shels, Bohs, Longford and Waterford are all moving forward but we're going backwards.

TheNorthsider
13/04/2004, 2:13 PM
our fortess that was turners cross is more like a bouncy castle now. :D

Colm
13/04/2004, 2:25 PM
Shels, Bohs, Longford and Waterford are all moving forward but we're going backwards.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Neil
13/04/2004, 2:29 PM

Shels - money can't buy ya love
Bohs - good, no fans
Longford - grand little club
Waterford - shambles

Cork City are the only club with the support and potential to be a force in Europe. We will be too. Next year.

wws
13/04/2004, 2:39 PM
:eek:

yiz arent even a force in Munster

Neil
13/04/2004, 2:42 PM
:eek:

yiz arent even a force in Munster
Run along to the Dublin City message board and talk to them about which one of ye is gonna get relegated

wws
13/04/2004, 2:49 PM
Run along to the Dublin City message board and talk to them about which one of ye is gonna get relegated

you muppet

1st test v the league champions, at home , dolan found out yet again

what does he do?

assaults fenlon and calls him a racist

wake up, he's a clown

Neil
13/04/2004, 2:52 PM
you muppet

1st test v the league champions, at home , dolan found out yet again

what does he do?

assaults fenlon and calls him a racist

wake up, he's a clown

Byyyyee! :D

SÓC
13/04/2004, 3:18 PM
Jesus as a group of fans we spout some amount of shíte.

Three OGs and a peno that never was is the difference between half the fools on here saying what a wonderful team we are, how great Dolan is or that we are shíte and Dolan is clueless.

We've been playing within our selves and unlucky.

Grow up ffs lads, long season and we're only just into it, a season in which we were never ever going to be up there for the title anyway, only the same crowd who are losing the head now expected us to win anything.

Echo Boy
13/04/2004, 3:22 PM
Well said SOC there is still 30 games to go and with the exception of Shels and maybe Bohs the rest of the premier league clubs are just as bad. Anyway after watching last nights performance we can only improve.

Colm
13/04/2004, 3:37 PM
Jesus as a group of fans we spout some amount of shíte.

Three OGs and a peno that never was is the difference between half the fools on here saying what a wonderful team we are, how great Dolan is or that we are shíte and Dolan is clueless.

We've been playing within our selves and unlucky.

Grow up ffs lads, long season and we're only just into it, a season in which we were never ever going to be up there for the title anyway, only the same crowd who are losing the head now expected us to win anything.

Well said. Some people on here would really want to get a grip, they seem to change their opinions on Dolan and the team after every game.

Ozymandias
13/04/2004, 3:51 PM
Lads This year I hoped to be closer to the top two and a possible cup win. I don't think that is excessive by way of ambition. what I wanted most was for Turners cross to become the ground that every other team hated visiting because it was like the old days hard to get anything from games down here but that has not happened either..we were outclassed by shels...they deserved their two goal win . we have conceded 9 goals so far the same as dublin city who are bottom...that isn't good enough....Dolan is tactically naive and things have to improve......

there has to be a level of expectation at every club. It isn't excessive to have expected things to be better this year...but they haven't got better...the same old problems that blighted us last year are rearing thir heads again in particular against waterford.

we must learn how to hold a lead, we must at some satge have a pattern and style of play other than hoofing and most of all the players must want it.

Based on the start so far to the season I don't think Dolan has learnt any lesson from last years campaign....until that happens we will struggle.

no one wants that...this is not a reaction just because of the shels game as I genuinely think they are a better side that us but the rovers game and waterord game are games we should be winning .

I hope Dolan can sort it as things have got to improve ...they can't get any worse.

Éanna
13/04/2004, 4:25 PM
Well said. Some people on here would really want to get a grip, they seem to change their opinions on Dolan and the team after every game.
:) :p Peadar its one thing criticising a poor performance but suggesting that whole club is going to implode like St Nobodies is pushing it. Dolan has done a lot of good things since he took over, the club is in a far better position than it was a year ago, but it just seems right now that every time we think we're ready to take the final step and challenge we fall short. It bugs people and its understandable. I can perfectly understand most of the criticism of Dolan that has gone one here and I hope he is thinking the same things as us and looking to find solutions. Certainly the way he changed things up at Pats was along the lines of what a lot of people here were suggesting. We're close, and the final step is going to be the hardest. I still think Dolan is the right man to guide us to the title and he WILL do it. Its just that from now until then our nerves and our patience are likely to be tested more than a few times.

A face
13/04/2004, 5:22 PM
Run along to the Dublin City message board

Well it wont be the Pats MB ... they keep barring people, for no reason at all.
They were getting all upset last week from what i heard :D

Gary
13/04/2004, 5:31 PM
Spout all the sh*te ye want lads, we are going in one direction.

Just one question to people. Did last nights performance make you feel proud to be a City fan?

golly
13/04/2004, 6:22 PM
some of d reactions here are fightning to tell u the truth. last nights performance puts into perspective. we are not good enough. the potential is dere but potential has to be fulfilled for us to become a force. we are on the brink of having a great club which can dominate the el if people cut d impatience and give players and staff a chance.u dont turn into champions over night.

dan murray looks lost at the moment dont no wats going on with him. we have to be winning the midfield to win games and at the moment our midfield isnt doing the busieness. hope dolan sorts this out quick

SSS
13/04/2004, 7:16 PM
we have to be winning the midfield to win games and at the moment our midfield isnt doing the busieness. hope dolan sorts this out quick

How many of the nine goals we have conceeded this season were the fault of the midifeld?
2 penos
2 set piece headers
3 o.g.s
1 Devine **** up against Dublin
1 goal mouth scramble.

For all the talk about midfield being our problem, it has been bad defending that has let us down so far. The optimism for this season was based on our squad being strengthened up front and to a degree in midfield. We all assumed, I think it's fair to say, that our back four would hold up and be at least as good as last season where a goal a game average was maintained. No-one expected Dan to be so poor or Dolan to play SuperKev and Willy B for the first four games or for Coughlan to go MIA.

rebelnorrie
13/04/2004, 10:55 PM
Spout all the sh*te ye want lads, we are going in one direction.

Just one question to people. Did last nights performance make you feel proud to be a City fan?

im proud to be a city fan,regardless of how bad city played or ever have played....i dont base my pride and passion for city on performances,sometimes the worse city play the more determined i am to get behind them and support them....i'll stand proud in my city jersey in front of anyboy no matter how good or bad we ever play

Martinho II
13/04/2004, 11:41 PM

Well not for long after the **** at flansiro tonight. At least ye have won a home match so far.. we havent and in my opinion, some of our players dont give a f u c k!

Typical poor start to the season for us! And tbh ye will destroy us in turners x. Our discipline is appalling. :(

liamon
14/04/2004, 8:07 AM
How many of the nine goals we have conceeded this season were the fault of the midifeld?..bad defending that has let us down so far. .

Yeah, the defence has been poor and has cost us dearly so far, but our midfield is also being dominated by every team we play. That puts our defence under pressure from the outset.
Waterford beat us coz the Rat controlled the middle of the park. We need to toughen up in the middle of the park and stick a few tackles in. It's a key area we have to improve on. Until we do, we won't do as well as we should.

wws
14/04/2004, 9:53 AM
Well it wont be the Pats MB ... they keep barring people, for no reason at all.
They were getting all upset last week from what i heard :D

don't worry, same amount of games played and we're ahead of you again

Dolan Out!

Peadar
14/04/2004, 10:40 AM
same amount of games played and we're ahead of you again

You've to play Shels yet.

Dolan Out!

Any chance of the banner?

wws
14/04/2004, 10:42 AM
I've a funny feelin we could take shels tbh
they are over rated and play a dull brand of counter attack

albeit with two great forwards

the banner is available

Peadar
14/04/2004, 10:50 AM
they are over rated and play a dull brand of counter attack

They've always been like that and have been successful like that.
If they manage to keep out you're excessively talented forwards they'll walk over you.

wws
14/04/2004, 11:05 AM
They've always been like that and have been successful like that.
If they manage to keep out you're excessively talented forwards they'll walk over you.

Its world cup star Joey Cyrille Ndo they'll have to worry about - he's on the mark now and is goin to be the highlight of our season

Peadar
14/04/2004, 11:15 AM
he's goin to be the highlight of our season

Finishing 6th will be the highlight of your season.

wws
14/04/2004, 11:29 AM
i dunno, we looked good last nite, and dessie byrne still to come in

the futures bright

Éanna
14/04/2004, 11:54 AM
For all the talk about midfield being our problem, it has been bad defending that has let us down so far.
exactly. I think the midfield didn't do a great job protewcting the back four in the first 2 games but george and colin are tracking back well now, and nwankwo seems to be doing the same. we just don't seem to be confident or vocal enough at the back.

Colm
14/04/2004, 12:01 PM
Dolan Out!

I feel sorry for you wws, you have to call for our managers head because you can't remember your own managers name.

Or perhaps you just want to get Dolan back to St. Pats and try and recreate the good old days when ye used to win leagues and get attendances of more than 1000.

wws
14/04/2004, 12:09 PM
change the record colm, the results speak for themselves, your home record is crap, you're not challengers, your team lineup is all over the shop and all you get from your messiah is excuses and assaults on other managers

he's insane. end of.

Colm
14/04/2004, 12:11 PM
the results speak for themselves

Indeed they do. SPA 0-2 Cork City.

Ruairi
14/04/2004, 12:13 PM
Indeed they do. SPA 0-2 Cork City.

HA HA.... burn.... nice one Colm

Peadar
14/04/2004, 12:33 PM
he's insane. end of.

St Pat's should be held accountable for releasing him on the league.

A face
14/04/2004, 12:42 PM
St Pat's should be held accountable

Yeah ... can we send them to the first division to punish them ??

Éanna
14/04/2004, 1:41 PM
change the record colm, the results speak for themselves, your home record is crap, you're not challengers, your team lineup is all over the shop and all you get from your messiah is excuses and assaults on other managers

he's insane. end of.
Isn't that for us to decide? Let it go. Run along and play with that white-haired ballboy and leave us worry about Dolan.

p.s. Glad to see you still think he's our messiah, at least we agree on one thing ;)

Peadar
14/04/2004, 3:49 PM
Yeah ... can we send them to the first division to punish them ??

Sadly only one team will be relegated this season :(
Looks like being Dublin City.
Well at least it's one of the jackeens anyway :D