PDA

View Full Version : Fiachra McArdle

Martinho II
13/06/2010, 5:43 PM
I heard from sources close to the club last night that Fiachra McArdle has definitely left us.. Apparently due to his lack of first team action he cant commit to us anymore.. please discuss.

Longfordian
13/06/2010, 5:51 PM
He's a decent enough player from what I've seen of him, I haven't seen every match, but he could be replaced without too much bother. Seems a bit sulky to just jack it in because you've been on the bench for a while.

Martinho II
13/06/2010, 5:56 PM
exactly longfordian a sulky player in the camp is not the best to have so it is maybe a good thing that he has gone. I heard as well that Don Cowan from Shamrock Rovers has signed too.. I forgot to ask my source whether it was a loan move or permanent move.

Longfordian
13/06/2010, 6:07 PM
Loan I'd imagine, he's always been quite highly rated there. Looked dangerous against us in pre-season. By all accounts he would have come to us for the start of the season except Rovers had an injury crisis with their strikers. TC is eager to use his Rovers connections to get in good young lads I believe and I think it's a good idea considering our limited budget. Might handicap us in the cup mind you when none of them can play!.

Cabs88
13/06/2010, 7:18 PM
personally never rated him, thought he had a poor touch and seemed very lothargic, not too disappointed to see him leaving tbh

De Town
13/06/2010, 7:30 PM
I thought he was a decent enough footballer tbh. Not a massive loss all the same.

outspoken
13/06/2010, 7:33 PM
I'm dissapoited to see Fiachra leav. He had the potential to be an excellent player. He needed alot of development but if we got the best out of him it would have been worth it. If he's been causing problems / effecting team morale then maybe Cousins is right but it's sad to see him leave. He had been doing quite we'll but then he got injured and he's found it hard to get back into the team but it dosnt say much if he's not willing to stay and fight for a place.

As for the rovers signings I heard several weeks ago that we will be bringing in alot of rovers players on loan and It can be a good move once TC isn't just bribing them in for the sake of it and because they play for Rovers.

shep
14/06/2010, 1:02 PM
Heading to Australlia AFAIK

L.T.F.C.
14/06/2010, 8:37 PM
If hes bringing in heaps of players from Rovers as he is, we'll have no one to field against Rovers come August.

Acornvilla
14/06/2010, 10:09 PM
well the two former rovers lads we have are around the fringes anyway, so the new guys might be the same

Frank76
24/06/2010, 12:25 PM
McArdle was training with us last night.

sorbothegreek
24/06/2010, 12:31 PM

Longford reject..

atfconline
24/06/2010, 1:06 PM
Longford reject..

Athlone reject...

sorbothegreek
24/06/2010, 3:51 PM

Athlone reject...

Good man....

Martinho II
24/06/2010, 5:52 PM
Fiachra was talking to one of our fans on facebook and this is what he said on the reason why he left.

he has no work here and the oppurtunity 2 go to austraila was just to big to pass up he said he really enjoyed playing 4 us and would have loved 2 stay under diffrent circumstances. he thanked the supportes 4 always backing him and he is now waying up 2 offers from sydney clubs...... i would have posted this on foot sooner but didnt have time and fiachra said only 2 do it when it was made official by the club and it is now official he told me yesterday

outspoken
29/06/2010, 1:03 PM
Hi lads Fiachra has just informed he he has found a new club the full story is here http://theloiblog.blogspot.com/

Longfordian
29/06/2010, 1:33 PM
Good luck to him hope it works out for him, sounds like a good opportunity.

atfconline
29/06/2010, 1:48 PM
There is no promotion to the top league (A-League) in Australia Kieran (and Fiachra). It's run on a franchise.

outspoken
29/06/2010, 2:55 PM
There is no promotion to the top league (A-League) in Australia Kieran (and Fiachra). It's run on a franchise.

Oh well you learn something new everyday I suppose

L.T.F.C.
30/06/2010, 4:27 AM
The game takes place in Luxembourg tomorrow night at 6.30 pm Irish time and all of us here at the LOI Blog would like to wish Dundalk and all LOI sides going into European action...
All of us here at the LOI Blog? How many a ye is there?

outspoken
30/06/2010, 10:08 AM
All of us here at the LOI Blog? How many a ye is there?

There are 6 people including myself working at the blog , surprised (:

Macy
30/06/2010, 10:48 AM
Can we play nice please, or I might have to start modding - and that's something I try to avoid!

outspoken
30/06/2010, 1:39 PM
check this out lads its an interview with Aaron Shanahan http://theloiblog.blogspot.com/

and im deadly serious there are 5 others working on the blog , 2 Dublin Correspondent's in charge of face to face player interviews in Dublin like the one we did with paul byrne , 2 European/Foreign league correspondents who will be giving a European/Foreign leagues round up every week starting from August and finally a Bohs fan that spreads the link around facebook to let people know of new posts and then theres myself of course.

Keen2win
30/06/2010, 8:10 PM
Do ya need a degree in journalism or anything?

outspoken
30/06/2010, 9:19 PM
Nope but the blogs getting 500 views a day so it's in demand

The Insider
30/06/2010, 9:35 PM
Nope but the blogs getting 500 views a day so it's in demand

Its comedy material for most people. How many followers do you actually have? Interview, eh its a question and answer session with players.

outspoken
30/06/2010, 11:07 PM
Im sure over 1000 people dont just log in for a laugh + i get many messages after interviews from people saying how good it was and how they enjoyed it ..... ive even got messages from players saying they thought it was great and are willing to be on the blog any time and it did get me on the radio now lets just drop the whole thing its taking up alot of space

Acornvilla
01/07/2010, 12:00 AM
any publicity is good publicity kieran :)

Martinho II
01/07/2010, 9:20 AM
This is slightly off topic to the way the thread was developing but it is related to the original thread. Town released Derek Tyrrell too along with Fiachra McArdle and Simon Kelly. This appeared in the town notes in the Longford Leader yesterday.does anyone know what happened to Tyrrell and who is he playing for now? Also Don Cowan is apparently one of further signings to be made after the transfer window from Shamrock Rovers.

Longfordian
01/07/2010, 9:25 AM
So it's actually on topic?!. That's a good thing Martinho, well played. Take the cattiness to PMs if you wish people..

outspoken
01/07/2010, 10:20 AM
We also have this issue with Jp.Mcdonagh not been able to play because of issues with his papers. With our current injury situation this is the last thing we need

Acornvilla
01/07/2010, 12:59 PM
I've heard that the cowan deal is being held up because we want him to be able to play the cup game

Longfordian
01/07/2010, 1:03 PM
Why would Rovers agree to that?. If he's coming on loan I don't think he's allowed play under the rules anyway. Unless they release him altogether to save some cash.

Acornvilla
01/07/2010, 1:07 PM
my taughts exactly

Town Legend
01/07/2010, 10:31 PM
There was talk on the Rovers forum that Cowan was one of 6 players they're looking to release. So they won't be too gone on releasing Cowan knowing all too well that he'll end up at Flancare at will in every right play against Rovers. So in that way they might be trying to cut a deal in the Town signing him permanently but not to play him in the cup.

Here's the link anyways.

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showthread.php?11809-Transfer-rumours

Longfordian
01/07/2010, 10:59 PM
Either way it seems likely he'll end up here in the near future, TC has wanted him since January. We wouldn't pull the plug on the deal just because he couldn't play one match I reckon. I've only seen him in the 20 mins or so he played against us in pre-season what was most memorable was his sheer speed.

Tallanted
02/07/2010, 9:52 AM
Cowan is coming its just unclear when, he doesn't even know himself

Martinho II
02/07/2010, 6:51 PM
http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3802/

Lee Roche joins the Flancare outfit after joining from Ringsend side Liffey Pearse. Out are Fiachra McArdle, Derek Tyrrell while Ryan McEvoy returns to his parent club Bohemians.

Two more loan signings have yet to be confirmed.

Ryan McEvoy has gone too according to Extratime.ie back to bohs.

Longfordian
02/07/2010, 7:14 PM
I think there's a limit on the number of loan players you can have at any one time so McEvoy going back frees up a space for someone else. He hadn't been doing an awful lot anyway.

outspoken
02/07/2010, 10:27 PM
He hadn't been doing an awful lot anyway.

He was a hard worker though and thats all you can ask for...... he was well received by the fans because of this and Im sure hes going to be an excellent young player.

Who knows if it doesn't work out at bohs he might even return

Longfordian
02/07/2010, 11:06 PM
Well he wasn't lazy alright, just the physicality of the First moreso than the Premier didn't really suit him. I'd wish him the best of luck in his career at Bohs.

Acornvilla
03/07/2010, 3:50 AM
I think there's a limit on the number of loan players you can have at any one time so McEvoy going back frees up a space for someone else. He hadn't been doing an awful lot anyway.

from my vast football manager experience, i think its something like 3 loan players at one time/per season

outspoken
03/07/2010, 11:40 AM
from my vast football manager experience, i think its something like 3 loan players at one time/per season

it is indeed

Martinho II
03/07/2010, 4:55 PM
ryan was highly thought off at bohs anyway as he made a few first team appearances for them in the 2009 season. I would say that he will find it tough to break into their first team though...

L.T.F.C.
03/07/2010, 10:58 PM
I had lots of time for him anyway!

Martinho II
04/07/2010, 5:08 PM
Cowan is coming its just unclear when, he doesn't even know himself

Don Cowan is on loan from Shamrock Rovers for the rest of the season and Jason Oladele who was with us before when Vinny Perth was caretaker for us is also on loan from rovers for the rest of the season.. JP McDonagh also made a welcome return..

Acornvilla
04/07/2010, 5:13 PM
so were fecked for the cup game, i suppose there will be plenty of fresh legs up front when we do play them

Martinho II
04/07/2010, 5:31 PM
wonder why daisy wasnt in the squad last night?

outspoken
04/07/2010, 7:37 PM
wonder why daisy wasnt in the squad last night?

Injured , he was in stand with Lester and Byrne