View Full Version : Ex-Club Info

Réiteoir
12/04/2004, 11:32 PM
What were the names and the rough capacity of the home grounds of:

Thurles Town
Drumcondra
EMFA
Newcastlewest

And what colours did they play in (home and away)

A face
13/04/2004, 12:53 AM
I dunno but i wouldn't mind including a few clubs like that on ifgrounds.com during the summer. Are you doing a bit on them Réiteoir ... would you mind helping me out.

irishfootie
13/04/2004, 9:20 AM
EMFA played at Buckley Park, Kilkenny. I wouldn't be too sure about the capacity as I was never saw EMFA play at home.

Newcastle West played at the Demesne. I WAS at that ground once and it was little more than a field with a fence around it (from what I can remember).

Other "infamous" First Division grounds of that period (which are no longer used by their clubs) were Belgium Park (Monaghan United) and Abbeycarton (Longford Town).

corkharps
13/04/2004, 9:24 AM
Newcastle west played in Black and White stripes and I think EMFA played in Green?
Belgium Park,a true classic! :o

Schumi
13/04/2004, 12:38 PM
I think EMFA played in Green?
Interesting, didn't realise they changed their colours along with the name.

eoinh
13/04/2004, 12:43 PM
What were the names and the rough capacity of the home grounds of:

Thurles Town
Drumcondra
EMFA
Newcastlewest

And what colours did they play in (home and away)

EMFA (Emmet street and Fatima Avenue) are just kilkenny city by another name. They still play at the same ground although its been steadily improved since.

Drumcondra used to play at Tolka park until they kind of went bust and merged with the continuity home farm.
They were known as Home Farm-Drumcondra in their first season.

irishfootie
13/04/2004, 2:37 PM
I could have sworn that EMFA wore Claret & Blue shirts.

Interesting, didn't realise they changed their colours along with the name.

eoinh
13/04/2004, 3:23 PM
Thurles Town played in the greyhound stadium in thurles

the demesne was also known as Ballygowen Park for a bit .

I know EMFA changed colours but im sure they didnt play in green. :confused:

corkharps
13/04/2004, 4:16 PM
I remember the day EMFA won their only title. It was a Shield final against Harps played at Oriel.Paul 'Maggot' McGee played for them and scored. I could have sworn that they had green jersies,but I was more than likely illegally under the influence that day! :eek:

Réiteoir
13/04/2004, 4:23 PM
My reasons for asking these questions will all become clear within the next hour

Réiteoir
13/04/2004, 5:34 PM
And here it is - hope to keep this updated regularly

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=13724

TheSaint2002
14/04/2004, 1:01 PM
Drumcondra played in tolka before all the seats went in I think they cramed 12-15000 in there once for a big european game,