PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours

naoise kennedy
12/06/2010, 12:11 PM
Anybody know of players coming or going..any new players training with us..

tippex
13/06/2010, 1:12 PM
I've heard of a couple of names mentioned and they will definitely bring stability and I think the club are talking to 4 or 5 at the moment. But I've been sworn to secrecy so no names gonna be mentioned by me....

Roo69
13/06/2010, 1:36 PM
I've heard of a couple of names mentioned and they will definitely bring stability and I think the club are talking to 4 or 5 at the moment. But I've been sworn to secrecy so no names gonna be mentioned by me....

Do Share.............

notever
17/06/2010, 8:57 PM
Give us the names... what will it take to save us now????????

naoise kennedy
23/06/2010, 7:32 AM
Great to see we have signed a new centre half.. derek prendegast, the fai website has him down as an fai award winner in 2009,,

peadar1987
23/06/2010, 3:21 PM
A new centre half would have been top of my wish list alright. Positive move.

naoise kennedy
26/06/2010, 9:58 PM
Stories going around about a derby county midfielder coming in july, and a new goalie(after kaner last night i can't see why).. any names any more to this,,

Bray-Z
02/07/2010, 2:33 PM
Not a rumour:

Bray Wanderers are pleased to announce that they have signed Danny O'Connor (subject to International Clearance). 29 y/o O'Connor returns to the Carlisle after making 18 appearances for the club in 2000/2001.

He played with Newry City in the Irish League last season and had previous spells with Drogheda United, Shamrock Rovers and Longford Town.

Captain2007
02/07/2010, 5:51 PM
You got your wish Peadar on the double, Danny O Connor and Prendagast could be a good central partnership, should bolster the defence although would like to see a keeper, Brian was thrown in at the deep end, but is just not up to premier standard imo.

poster
03/07/2010, 12:25 PM
Any Bray fans hear anything more about Derek Foran coming back to ye? Really hope he stays with us, he's quality and just needs games. He's been getting better with every game. I must admit I wasn't his biggest fan last year and was surprised he signed but I have to admit, he's probably been our best defender behind Peers this season so far!

Bray Head
03/07/2010, 12:59 PM
Any Bray fans hear anything more about Derek Foran coming back to ye? Really hope he stays with us, he's quality and just needs games. He's been getting better with every game. I must admit I wasn't his biggest fan last year and was surprised he signed but I have to admit, he's probably been our best defender behind Peers this season so far!

Unlikely to happen now that we have already signed 2 centre half's in the last week.

lowflyingseagul
04/07/2010, 7:34 PM
Bray Wanderers have signed 27 year old centre half Adam Mitchell, He joins from Bangor Celtic and is the second signing from the Dublin club following the arrival of Derek Prendergast.

outspoken
04/07/2010, 7:53 PM

Alot of speculation came after he did this interview for my blog...... he asked me to remove a picture I had posted of him in a Bray shirt from years ago because he said Bray fans were messaging him asking if he was coming back and while he said in the interview he was considering leaving Rovers but he did say it was unlikely he would return to Bray as the timng just isnt right

heres the link to our interview http://theloiblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/derek-foran-interview.html

Bry Boy
06/07/2010, 8:24 PM
Are the club going to be making any more signings does anybody know?

Bry Boy
25/07/2010, 2:15 PM
Matt greg has signed back with us.
great move from the club.

Roo69
26/07/2010, 9:03 AM

Matt is a decent keeper alright but i really don't feel our problem is in nets, actually i know our problem is not in nets, i've watched enough games this season to know that. He is a good addition to the squad but i feel and in my opnion i think the money could have been spent much better - bringing in a good quality defender or more importantly centre midfielder.

But in saying that, best of luck to Matt and good to have him back at the club.

naoise kennedy
26/07/2010, 1:57 PM
Matt is a decent keeper alright but i really don't feel our problem is in nets, actually i know our keeper is not in nets, i've watched enough games this season to know that. He is a good addition to the squad but i feel and in my opnion i think the money could have been spent much better - bringing in a good quality defender or more importantly centre midfielder.

But in saying that, best of luck to Matt and good to have him back at the club.

Totally agree with you, kaner is not our main problem at the moment he is still young and he is doing a good job.. its a real kick in the balls for kaner because matt left dundalk cos he was not getting first team games so therefore he will know be first choice,, money could have been spent in other areas,,

Captain2007
26/07/2010, 6:37 PM
Roo have to disagree with you on the keeper issue, conceding 50 goals in 21 games is just not good enough, yes kaner is young and inexperienced and it's not his fault to find himself up against premier div strikers every week, but if you have an experienced keeper playing behind the defence should make a difference and install some confidence in the back four,what Matt will bring straight away is a height advantage, and good talker just 2 attributes which failed Kaner IMO.
Whether the money should be spent elsewhere is a good arguement as we have not scored in 8 out of 11 home league games.

Weatherman
26/07/2010, 9:51 PM
Heard a rumour that Robbie Doyle has left the club!

BrayUnknowns
27/07/2010, 8:48 AM

Wouldn't be surprised really, himself and Gormley have never seen eye to eye and Gormley being Gormley and doing whats best for him rather than the team and club has has used Doyle as a bit part player since the 4-0 away loss to Sligo when they had words (At half time Gormley blamed Doyle on Bray being 4-0 down at half time, Doyle told him were to go and was taken off at half time, something similar happened after the Bohs match the other night from what i've been told from a few players, Gormley blamed him for going down 3-0 even though he was only on the pitch 20 or so minutes, Doyle is to blame to, idiot for mouthing back at his manager but Gormley knew what type of player he was signing).

The players and the management team really need to sit down and have clear the air talks, Gormley seems to have really bad man management skills, so many players have walked away from the club because of him and the way he does things. It all needs to be sorted before it gets any worse.

SupaJon
27/07/2010, 9:02 AM
Disaster if this is true.

Captain2007
27/07/2010, 9:29 AM
"Gormley seems to have really bad man management skills, so many players have walked away from the club because of him and the way he does things."

Good post Brayunknowns could not agree more with you, had this opinion of Mr Gormley 18 mths ago and not only have some excellent players gone some very good staff have departed also!

BrayUnknowns
27/07/2010, 9:50 AM
"Gormley seems to have really bad man management skills, so many players have walked away from the club because of him and the way he does things."

Good post Brayunknowns could not agree more with you, had this opinion of Mr Gormley 18 mths ago and not only have some excellent players gone some very good staff have departed also!

EXCELLENT point Capt about Coaches leaving the club.... Would have never actually thought about that.

I do feel that he is the manager and has earned the right to do things his way, BUT he also must be man enough and brave enough to see the way he does and is doing things is not working, the way he deals with players does not work.

Surely he can see from the amount of players and staff that have walked away from him that it is him doing something very wrong?

superjohnny
27/07/2010, 10:38 AM

Jay**s, i dont really rate him lads...?? leaked a fair few at dundalk.

BrayUnknowns
30/07/2010, 8:56 AM
Disaster if this is true.

Confirmed as true now.

Another player Gormley has forced out of the club.

SupaJon
30/07/2010, 9:35 AM
Confirmed as true now.

Another player Gormley has forced out of the club.

:mad:
Great. Our most popular player gone.

Bry Boy
30/07/2010, 10:11 AM
what a f**k up
sorry lads the man is insane.
yes ok robbie certanly isnt the best player on the team but he has one thing a lot dont PASSION.
and is always pumped up.
well done EDDIE .
idiot

BrayUnknowns
30/07/2010, 10:12 AM
:mad:
Great. Our most popular player gone.

Hahahaha ;) love him or hate Doyle, he always put a great shift in when he played. Terrible move by Gormley i think. He surely has to have someone lined up to replace him, we can't go on with O'Neill and Mulroy up front for the rest of the season, they just don't work together.

Bray Head
30/07/2010, 11:41 AM
Goals were hard enough to come by without getting rid of our most experienced striker. Robbie was never prolific other than that one good season with Fingal but he always contributed to the teams cause. Still he scored two this season. With Robbie you always knew that this was likely to happen at some stage. Let's hope Shields is not put up front as a panic as he was against Villarreal and sometimes last season. He's not a striker.

Bry Boy
30/07/2010, 11:36 PM
Signed Gary Dempsey.
thats just made my night a win against drogheda and gary dempsey.
has absolute huge experience.

is there any news on any others ????????????.

The Fox
31/07/2010, 9:19 AM
Great news - Gary was class in the friendlies - he really stood out - great playmaker always showing for the ball and looking to pass.
My only worry now is up front - if Robbie has gone, we are light on numbers.

Roo69
31/07/2010, 11:24 AM
Excellent signing, delighted to have Dempsey on board for the run in. Robbie is defo gone, need another striker, 2 is not enough.

Also heard that Shane O'Neill has signed a new 2 year contract but will wait for confirmation of that before i get to excited !

KK77
03/08/2010, 3:15 PM

Shocked Eddie brought him back considering when he took the job one of the first things he did was get rid of him. I suppose in fairness to Eddie at the time we needed players urgently. Always seems to leave clubs under a cloud this fella.

The Fox
03/08/2010, 10:10 PM
I agree - Robbie started brightly but he has looked more and more unfit and out of place in recent weeks. His touch has been poor recently and he has given a lot of abuse on the pitch to players that are trying as much as he is in my opinion.
It does leave us short of strikers though.
His wages probably freed up money to sign Dempsey - who did score a lot of goals from midfield in his first few seasons in Scotland and has looked in good shape in the 2 friendlies.

Roo69
04/08/2010, 10:53 AM
Monday's game against Shels showed how much we need another striker in the squad, throwing Hueston up front was just desperate, completely desperate. We just had no other option. To many players have walked away from the club for stupid stupid reasons when a conversation or even a phone call could have stopped them leaving. Dave O'Neill, Mark O'Brien and Robbie Doyle - 3 decent players who had a lot to offer the club all gone within the space of a few months because of someone trying to prove a point. F*cking needless and its certianly not for the best of the club IMO.

SupaJon
04/08/2010, 12:56 PM
When did Dave O'Neill leave?

What happened with him?

Captain2007
04/08/2010, 1:32 PM
When did Dave O'Neill leave?

What happened with him?

The word neglect springs to mind, started season in the team gets a bad injury, out of sight out of mind and now out of club,
treatment of DON absolutely deplorable IMO one of the best prospects we had and from the county it just beggars belief, I have lost all faith in Mr Gormley and the way he treats players & staff is nothing short of disgraceful.

richiemd
04/08/2010, 1:59 PM
So did David O'Neill sign for anyone then and when was he released?

BrayUnknowns
04/08/2010, 2:20 PM
The word neglect springs to mind, started season in the team gets a bad injury, out of sight out of mind and now out of club,
treatment of DON absolutely deplorable IMO one of the best prospects we had and from the county it just beggars belief, I have lost all faith in Mr Gormley and the way he treats players & staff is nothing short of disgraceful.

Spot on, he got a bad injury very early in the season ans was pretty much left to rot, no contact from Gormley or any of his coaches or management team for about 8weeks he decided that enough was enough and left the club, signed for Arklow after they looked after his medical treatment etc...