PDA

View Full Version : England's visit to Lansdowne

MariborKev
10/06/2010, 6:51 PM
Spotted this wee nugget on the excellent "Come here to me" blog

http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/trouble-on-the-terraces-some-pages-from-the-programme-of-an-infamous-match/#comment-722

A world football museum in Galway?:eek:

gilberto_eire
12/06/2010, 12:20 AM
Strangely the first thing that came to mind while reading the article was the glass case inside the eyre square shopping centre, not surprising to see it was the same man who owned it.

I have fond memories of that case, it had some cool things in it, i remember a small TV inside used to play old games(mainly WC iirc) from the 60's and 70's. It had a few old jerseys, boots and loads of bits and bobs. Was probably around 6 foot long. Used to be located at the bottom of the escalators at the back entrance. Must be gone 12years anyway. :(

Mr A
12/06/2010, 1:22 AM
I was at that game. It was terrible, yet it was one of those nights that opened my eyes to the power and passion of football.

Wolfie
22/06/2010, 1:43 PM
I was on the North Terrace with my Dad and my then 9 year old brother.

I've an abiding memory of a few hardcases making "Braveheart", kamkaze-like, solo charges from the North Terrace onto the pitch to try and get at the English supporters.

As my brother was so young, we were a bit concerned that something could "kick off" within the North Terrace or within the connector tunnels to the North Terrace. Didn't happen though, to my knowledge.

Anyone remember that SKY footage of the young lad on the pitch looking traumatised?? We still slag my brother, saying we should have brought him onto the pitch and told him to look scared.

That Kid got trips to Premier matches, jerseys, etc etc etc!!:D

Macy
23/06/2010, 11:32 AM
Anyone remember that SKY footage of the young lad on the pitch looking traumatised??
He was on some programme about it on RTE not so long ago. Fairly brutal programme imo if I recall, hung it mainly on the FAI while glossing over the policing issues.

Ash
24/06/2010, 8:48 AM
He was on some programme about it on RTE not so long ago. Fairly brutal programme imo if I recall, hung it mainly on the FAI while glossing over the policing issues.

Think I said it before in another thread but he went on to be in a punk band and may/may not have been on the late late show about it a good while back