PDA

View Full Version : Waterford 1 Longford 1

Martinho II
11/04/2004, 9:48 PM
Yet more **** to take! What was a very good first half turned into a damp,qualid, boring display. Waterford were awarded a peno with fifteen mins to go when barry dallied on a back pass, reynolds broke free and ferguson dragged him back and deservedly got the yellow card. But digger made a top class save from Daryl Murphy.
4 mins later ,we stole the lead,Kirbs hit a class pass for John Martin(second best on the pitch after Digger)-he stole in alongside the endline,hit it across goal,connor parried it and it hit david breen for an og. Reminds me of the away game against them last year nearly the exact same thing!
But with 2 mins to go, Reynolds hit a class ball over the top leaving Bruton on his own(no thanks to the dozy town defence) and he blasted the ball to the left of digger hitting the post on the way.

tbh we did not deserve a draw at all. Waterford were by a long shot the best on the pitch .Our defending was very poor and all Ferguson did was hoof the ball at every opportunity! Dillon was very poor along with Keogh who was outmuscled.kirbys crossing esp second half was very poor.

Best to shine for da town were digger,John Martin(who has very deceptive pace)Sean prunty,and brian byrne(as sub)

My team for the Pats game would be:
Digger
Murphy
Prunty
Dillon
Paisley
Kirby
Martin
Baker
B Byrne
Barrett
Francis

tbh cant see too much people at the game tuesday if they keep playin **** footie!

Longfordian
12/04/2004, 7:03 PM
Dont think the Waterford performance will affect the crowd much as those that were prepared to go down to Waterford will still go out on Tuesday, casuals didnt see the game so they'll either bother coming out or they wont, agree that we didnt play at all well but i think its more important to put in a good display on tuesday, would've probably taken a point anyway given that they're flying at the moment

sorbothegreek
13/04/2004, 7:34 AM
Martinio,
I dont agree with you in saying that Dillon was very poor. I thought he was our best defender, certainly he was much better than our captain. He won most balls that he went for, had reasonable distribution and didn't at any stage thing that body-checking an opponent was part of the game..

max power
13/04/2004, 10:22 AM
i'm trying to keep back but !!! barry was a disgrace, passing was of normal standard, but the penalty, what a shambles, underplays a pass...then bodychecks judas to make up for it.......

digger was amazing and our best player on the park, dillon was ok for me but kirby was on the left ( as if he's not playing bad enough on the right as it is )

midfield was average but pip was thrown about the place at times, bryan byrne did well when he came on but martin...what speed, he impressed me...

best bit of the evening was the megaphone we had in the stand

worst was the total silence in the ground ( and certain people think the stand is quiet )

techs
13/04/2004, 2:24 PM
Yet more **** to take! What was a very good first half turned into a damp,qualid, boring display. Waterford were awarded a peno with fifteen mins to go when barry dallied on a back pass, reynolds broke free and ferguson dragged him back and deservedly got the yellow card. But digger made a top class save from Daryl Murphy.
4 mins later ,we stole the lead,Kirbs hit a class pass for John Martin(second best on the pitch after Digger)-he stole in alongside the endline,hit it across goal,connor parried it and it hit david breen for an og. Reminds me of the away game against them last year nearly the exact same thing!
But with 2 mins to go, Reynolds hit a class ball over the top leaving Bruton on his own(no thanks to the dozy town defence) and he blasted the ball to the left of digger hitting the post on the way.

tbh we did not deserve a draw at all. Waterford were by a long shot the best on the pitch .Our defending was very poor and all Ferguson did was hoof the ball at every opportunity! Dillon was very poor along with Keogh who was outmuscled.kirbys crossing esp second half was very poor.

Best to shine for da town were digger,John Martin(who has very deceptive pace)Sean prunty,and brian byrne(as sub)

My team for the Pats game would be:
Digger
Murphy
Prunty
Dillon
Paisley
Kirby
Martin
Baker
B Byrne
Barrett
Francis

tbh cant see too much people at the game tuesday if they keep playin **** footie!

I still wouldn't have Kirby on the team, he has done absolutely nothing so far this season.I'd keep Vinny in the middle of the park..On Fri night he did okay, considering he had to do work for both himself and Pip (who has had a dire start to the season).Vinny did of tracking back to defend while our Capt went awol, which was a lot of the time..Fri night Barry was extremely shaky and hestitant,didn't look comfortable at all..By the way I would love to know what prob Matthews has with Francis..Fri night and the game against Rovers were ideal games for Francis and he treated him like crap..We have a decent squad there and if the best eleven were picked we could do very well..