PDA

View Full Version : UCD 0-2 Rovers

Well Red
05/06/2010, 11:40 PM
This is such a big game for us as the league is what it is all about. I really think the league is the yardstick of how we are doing but still appreciate that we are happily involved in two other competitions. Most of my visits to Belfield have been not days to remember and fair play to UCD but the BOR have to dig out a result. Between tolls and time off work it is costing a lot of money to be at all the games but lets get to Belfield and give the lads all our support.:)

Jeebus
08/06/2010, 2:14 PM
Rory H will be doing text updates this evening on www.sligorovers.com for anyone that cant make the game.

gustavo
08/06/2010, 8:58 PM
Great result tonight :)

Well Red
08/06/2010, 10:03 PM
Delighted with that win and fair play to the BOR, they are really stringing some good performances together now. Cannot wait to see who the manager has up his sleeve for signing during the coming weeks. Really good to see us now scoring goals freely and we should have had a few more tonight, after all that we still need to improve the defence for what is going to be a tough few months after the break. But a really great few weeks and the team deserve a lot of praise for several top notch performances.

oldrover
08/06/2010, 10:05 PM
Another impressive performance...this team has the potential to make this a great season, great to see good away support...we all need to encourage as many as possible to go to the showgies,..could this be our year?

keane did not deserve to be sent off imo

Ciaran W
09/06/2010, 1:00 AM
Glad to see ya's playing well, i really like Sligo :) im also happy to see amond getting another goal hes a great player :D

Nah Nah Nah Nah
09/06/2010, 7:57 AM
Played well. Could have gotten a few more on the break. Their keeper was awful thankfully. If a UCD player had done that tackle I'd have been looking for a red but I thought it was just going to be a yellow at the time. Is it possible for 5 games to happen in the league without any game having a red card? I do think refs are way too eager to dish them out. 4 more red cards last night

bingoballs
09/06/2010, 8:07 AM
Great performance last night, team playing some fantastic football and deserve every plaudit they get. Keane should never have been sent off. It happened straight in front of me, it was a robust and committed tackle and he won the ball. It must be a sickener for him because he was having a great game last night and was a contender for man of the match in my opinion. There is a hunger and determination in the side now and with the quality we have this could be a great season for us. Happy days

MarkyH
09/06/2010, 8:56 AM
Good win. Very important 3 points to keep in contact with the teams at the top. A couple of home wins after the break and we will really be back in the shake up.

Great committed display from the team last night. Everyone played their part against a good UCD team. Even Davoren recovered somewhat in the 2nd half, after a roasting in the 1st.

I though Keane was very unlucky to be sent off. A hard, committed tackle that WON the ball. I think the ref's are over compensating now after the Quigley "tackle" in the bohs/pats match that wasn't punished a few weeks ago.

Great to see Ndo still going at full pelt, in the 90th min of the 3rd game in a week. He has played every minute of every match since he arrived? I remember the pat's fans calling him a mercenary in his 1st match for us. Well we have certainly got value for money so far!

The team is really gelling now, the middle 3 of ryan, russell and Ndo is as good as any in the league. We are playing some great football. The only thing I would look for in the transfer window is a tall centre back to paartner Peers.

I see Amond is now credited with the 1st goal?? It looked like Ventre to me

red arrow
09/06/2010, 11:40 AM
great to hear all these very positive comments and to see that the supporters are happy with the teams performance. if we can get a few lucky breaks in the 2nd half of the season we could have a terrific run in.

avvenalaf
09/06/2010, 11:52 AM
The problem now is holding on to players. Dundee united supposed to be looking at Amond and McCabe and did you hear the comment on MNS the other night about Premiership clubs and Charlton looking at Gavin (Peers, that is, not Dykes)

Redie
09/06/2010, 4:33 PM
The problem now is holding on to players. Dundee united supposed to be looking at Amond and McCabe and did you hear the comment on MNS the other night about Premiership clubs and Charlton looking at Gavin (Peers, that is, not Dykes)

As you well know avvenalaf this is a fact of life for clubs like us. the more successful we are the more other clubs with fatter wallets will come looking for our better players. It’s still a better situation than having a squad full of players that nobody else wants.

I know on MNS the reporter said 'A number of Premier Division Clubs and Charlton' were looking a Peers, just wondering did he mean The Irish or English Premier Division'. Would hate to lose him but no more than Coleman would be interesting to see how he would fair out.

avvenalaf
09/06/2010, 6:44 PM
Well, now, it's hardly Irish because they know enough about him and I don.t think he would leave Rovers for some homeless outfit like Shams. I really think i would die happy if we got 100k for a player (Amond) that Shams let go on a free.

Redie
10/06/2010, 10:00 AM
Well, now, it's hardly Irish because they know enough about him and I don.t think he would leave Rovers for some homeless outfit like Shams. I really think i would die happy if we got 100k for a player (Amond) that Shams let go on a free.

true enough, i'd be very surprised if he would keep his place in an English Premier Division team but you never know. 100k for Amond would be great business, wonder have we him signed for one or two seasons?

All this transfer talk does reflect well on Cook's eye for a good footballer.

CRFC&SRFC
10/06/2010, 1:42 PM
We spotted Stephen Pressley Falkirk Manager at game in the Bowl too

Well Red
10/06/2010, 4:49 PM
true enough, i'd be very surprised if he would keep his place in an English Premier Division team but you never know. 100k for Amond would be great business, wonder have we him signed for one or two seasons?

All this transfer talk does reflect well on Cook's eye for a good footballer.

All the same I would hate to see the legue's top scorer going to another club unless we got a minimum of £100K Sterling, would have thought Coleman is a better potential and we did not do so well in the money stakes with him.
If we keep winning the money will come in through the gates anyway but at this stage I have no idea how we are doing financially.

avvenalaf
10/06/2010, 10:00 PM
As far as Coleman is concerned, you never get the same for a defender and getting the add ons right is the secret. Don't worry about money, don't we always find a few quid down the back of the couch when we need it?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
11/06/2010, 7:56 AM
As far as Coleman is concerned, you never get the same for a defender and getting the add ons right is the secret. Don't worry about money, don't we always find a few quid down the back of the couch when we need it?

Some day we might have to sell the couch though

pineapple stu
11/06/2010, 9:05 AM
We spotted Stephen Pressley Falkirk Manager at game in the Bowl too
Somebody in a Fulham jacket too. (Not necessarily a scout obviously, but you never know).

poster
11/06/2010, 11:47 AM
Somebody in a Fulham jacket too. (Not necessarily a scout obviously, but you never know).

That was me.

avvenalaf
11/06/2010, 12:08 PM
Good man. Any chance you'd give us mil a mil for Danny?.

pineapple stu
11/06/2010, 12:50 PM
That was me.
Hello, poster! :)

poster
12/06/2010, 11:49 AM
Good man. Any chance you'd give us mil a mil for Danny?.

A million for Danny would be a kick in the teeth.

pineapple stu
15/06/2010, 10:16 AM
Match highlights -

MTZIkwOiKTM