PDA

View Full Version : Anyone In The Cobh Celtic Bar On Wednesday?!

liam88
08/04/2004, 9:03 PM
Anybody-I'll be there!

alba1297
27/04/2004, 5:21 PM
Anybody-I'll be there!

I know it's a bit late... :eek: but where abouts is the Celtic bar in Cobh ?? I usually travel to Cobh from Scotland about 3-4 times a year but end up missing Celtic games unless they're on RTE. I've trawled quite a few bars looking for tic games, but never seem to get past the roaring donkey :eek:

liam88
27/04/2004, 7:21 PM
Hehe Roaring Donkey is meant to be great craic!
Pillars bar on the sea front is the Cobh CSC bar and has a nice big screen and lots of Celtic pictures upstairs in the pool room. This is also good for Cork Hurling/Football matches but there are normally a few games of pool going on at the same time.
Watched the Cork Wexford semi there last year and the atmosphere was amazing (it was all over Cobh even in St. Colemans Cathedral after the match ;) )
Ryans Bar in the sqaure has a great atmosphere and fills up for the Celtic match and is really good to stay for a few drinks after even if we loose.
There was still a great atmosphere in there after the final whistle Villareal :D

alba1297
02/05/2004, 2:53 PM
Hehe Roaring Donkey is meant to be great craic!
Pillars bar on the sea front is the Cobh CSC bar and has a nice big screen and lots of Celtic pictures upstairs in the pool room. This is also good for Cork Hurling/Football matches but there are normally a few games of pool going on at the same time.
Watched the Cork Wexford semi there last year and the atmosphere was amazing (it was all over Cobh even in St. Colemans Cathedral after the match ;) )
Ryans Bar in the sqaure has a great atmosphere and fills up for the Celtic match and is really good to stay for a few drinks after even if we loose.
There was still a great atmosphere in there after the final whistle Villareal :D

Pillars Bar , across the road from the Sirius (sp) Centre ??. maybe next time I'll try the upstairs :D

One of my cousins lives in Stack Ave, just up from the Ramblers ground, once I had a lovely evening listening to the PA announcer - Is he that mad in real life ;)

Cheers for the info btw :)

liam88
02/05/2004, 8:40 PM
No probs mate :)
Couldn't tell you about the announcer, don't know him personally. Like you I make the trip a few times a year to see me family. I have strong family connections with Ramblers so try and see them whenever I'm over.
Next over new years eve for a big family wedding anniversary :)
Stay in touch,
Liam