PDA

View Full Version : Bohs match

naoise kennedy
01/06/2010, 10:07 PM
That was one of our best performances in a long time,, we chased them down got stuck in, it was a strong gutcy with a good atitude performance.. kane made a few great saves and the wood work played its part, unlucky for daire with the own goal, shane and jake ran there socks off and i think it was john mulroys and shields best performances so far..

steo brennan made a big difference in mid field,, webby and shane worked well in defense.. overall well done lads..

KK77
02/06/2010, 8:53 AM
Thought Bohs were never in danger myself. Another defeat but hardly a shock considering it was Bohs we were playing. An improvement on Saturday but couldn't have been worse i suppose.

Roo69
02/06/2010, 10:13 AM
That was one of our best performances in a long time,, we chased them down got stuck in, it was a strong gutcy with a good atitude performance.. kane made a few great saves and the wood work played its part, unlucky for daire with the own goal, shane and jake ran there socks off and i think it was john mulroys and shields best performances so far..

steo brennan made a big difference in mid field,, webby and shane worked well in defense.. overall well done lads..

A fit Bennan made a big difference alright to the centre of the park for us but it certianly wasn't our best game IMO Naoise, the victory up in Dundalk would take that honour :D

Personally i thought we got tactics wrong, long ball to the 2 smallest men on the pitch, they won nothing in the air and got battered and bullied most of the night, between O'Neill, Mulroy and Kelly they did not force Murphy into one save. We also never even tried to fix the tactic of the long ball Bohs played from start to finish of hoofing it diagnol to Killian Brennan, he had a field day.

I'm still not convienced on young O'Neill, very lazy when he does not have the ball and loses it far to easy when he has it. I lost count at the amount of times he's team mates were giving out to him and having a pop at him for not working or for as Massey said "Stop f*cking standing their with your hands on your hips". I thought he was poor last night. He is defo not what you would call a team worker.

But as Rafa B said, Bohs were always comfortable, they should have had the game wrapped up by half time, if Byrne had of taken any of the hatful of chances he had it could have been 4 or 5 by half time, 2nd half was the same for them, they created another 5 or 6 good chances but couldn't take them.

Stand out preformers for me were Brennan, Kane and Massey, all had decent games.

Best moment of the match must have been the 2 Bohs centre halves going to kill each other, very funny indeed, although should McGuinness not have been sent off for headbutting his own team mate ? :D

naoise kennedy
02/06/2010, 1:11 PM
Yes roo i would agree that the long ball to the smallest players was never going to work but that is what eddie wants,, was not at dundalk match but the effort of most of the players given they were up against bohs could not be faulted.. surprise not to see franco on last nightand what about mark o brien..

Roo69
02/06/2010, 1:17 PM
Yes roo i would agree that the long ball to the smallest players was never going to work but that is what eddie wants,, was not at dundalk match but the effort of most of the players given they were up against bohs could not be faulted.. surprise not to see franco on last nightand what about mark o brien..

Yeah most players effort could not be faulted, but not all players. I saw Franco play on Saturday for the A team and he was woeful, absolutely woeful. They all were so im not surprised he didn't get into the squad. Not sure about O'Brien actually...

Stevo Da Gull
02/06/2010, 10:40 PM
We competed very well last night and the players should be commended for their efforts, but we can't ignore the fact that we didn't create a chance. I'm not anti-Gormley, but I was surprised to see Kavanagh come on for Shields after 82 mins when we were 1-0 down and Robbie was still on the bench.

Vickers had another good game and I think Webster looks good, though he may be better at right back? (I understand that he's needed at centre back at the moment) A few of our youngsters could have good futures in the game, but Massey is fast becoming my favourite player. You can never fault him for effort and he's not lacking for ability.

SupaJon
03/06/2010, 9:18 AM
Massey is fast becoming my favourite player. You can never fault him for effort and he's not lacking for ability.

I've said it before about him - he wouldn't look out of place in any of the teams at the top of the League!
Very comfortable on the ball, good going forward, gets stuck in and never stops.

Class player.
Hopefully we can hold on to him!

nf08
03/06/2010, 5:55 PM
Hopefully

notever
03/06/2010, 9:46 PM

the effort on Tuesday was impressive the result disappointing but I agree the high ball to the small lads up front is wasted.Heres hoping for better things on Friday night .Come on you boys in green....