PDA

View Full Version : Cork City FORAS will be no more !

Pages : [1] 2

sheao
31/05/2010, 9:23 PM
The FORAS Board of Management is delighted to announce that FORAS has completed the purchase of the liquidated effects of Cork City Investments FC Ltd, including all intellectual property. By this purchase, the Cork City Football Club name is returned to its rightful owners, the fans of Cork City FC. The club will continue to play under the name of Cork City FORAS Co-op, as the name of the club cannot be changed mid-season, nor will the news today affect our crest for the foreseeable future.

Great news, Cork City football club is in the right hands :D

seand
01/06/2010, 9:52 AM
Wow, another probable name change coming up in Cork football. Who'd have thought it!

Onefootednopace
01/06/2010, 12:47 PM
Yes indeed, we have the best of both worlds- the Cork City name featuring again in Irish soccer and persons running C.C.F.C. who actually care about the club.

thischarmingman
01/06/2010, 1:01 PM
"… than a pair of ill-bred troublemakers."

http://www.airlinelogbook.com/Forums/images/avatars/simpsons_sideshow_bob.gif

**FrOsTy**
01/06/2010, 1:02 PM
I thought you had to wait 2 years before you could do this?

fionnsci
01/06/2010, 1:07 PM
Good news. This is the exact same as what L37 did, is it?

Lim till i die
01/06/2010, 1:12 PM
*Bookmarked for future financial crisis

total hoofball
01/06/2010, 1:26 PM
Great news, Cork City football club is in the right hands :D Disgusting↲↲Failed football clubs like cork city should never be allowed to re-emerge in the LOI under the same name, crest, honours and year of formation. The precident is set for failed,cheating clubs like cork city and derry city to wind up, buy your name back and carry on spending again all debt free. This is the ultimate middle finger to clubs trying to tackle debts and keep their clubs alive unlike these intellectual property freakshows stinking up irish football

Real ale Madrid
01/06/2010, 1:35 PM
Disgusting↲↲Failed football clubs like cork city should never be allowed to re-emerge in the LOI under the same name, crest, honours and year of formation. The precident is set for failed,cheating clubs like cork city and derry city to wind up, buy your name back and carry on spending again all debt free. This is the ultimate middle finger to clubs trying to tackle debts and keep their clubs alive unlike these intellectual property freakshows stinking up irish football

You speak as if the current board did nothing to save the club in the first place.

The club cheated, was punished, and now has been taken over by responsible people who have given the club to the people who genuinely care for it, and who have been highly fortunate to be able buy back the intellectual rights. Now its time to move on.

Buller
01/06/2010, 2:04 PM
Am I the only one who read the title of this thread wrong and assumed the worst?! :o
Not sure there would have been many names left if Foras had collapsed... Cork City 4ever Fc?

**FrOsTy**
01/06/2010, 2:26 PM
Am I the only one who read the title of this thread wrong and assumed the worst?! :o

Nope, I assumed the same as you. However, I was assuming the best! :D

Riddickcule
01/06/2010, 5:07 PM
The rightful thing to do, Cork City Foras Co-op just sounds so cringey.

White Horse
01/06/2010, 6:09 PM
Does that mean all the people who were owed money by Cork City FC have now be paid?

micls
01/06/2010, 6:56 PM
Does that mean all the people who were owed money by Cork City FC have now be paid?

?

The 2 things aren't related. We bought the old CCFC stuff off the liquidator, including the name etc. He then takes this money and splits it between the creditors dependant on who's preferential etc.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
01/06/2010, 9:25 PM
If I'd known it was for sale I would have put a bid in

micls
01/06/2010, 9:50 PM
Everything is for sale in a liquidation...

HarpoJoyce
01/06/2010, 11:51 PM
Everything is for sale in a liquidation...

Including your Dignity.

wrestler313
02/06/2010, 1:58 AM
well done to FORAS, bright things ahead for CCFC!

Rasputin
02/06/2010, 7:38 AM
Its not so much expecting the worst as just expecting the usual in Cork.
And so the Cork (insert name here) FC bandwagon rumbles on.

A face
02/06/2010, 10:04 AM
Its not so much expecting the worst as just expecting the usual in Cork.
And so the Cork (insert name here) FC bandwagon rumbles on.

Its great isn't it .... Long live Cork City FC, CCFC for ever. Onwards and upwards from here.

mr.untitled
02/06/2010, 3:52 PM
Does the new CCFC also get the honours list that the old club had or does it start from scratch?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
02/06/2010, 6:07 PM
Does the new CCFC also get the honours list that the old club had or does it start from scratch?

Only if they bought them from the liquidator

Martinho II
03/06/2010, 9:36 AM
never knew that.. wonder will they do that?

Mr A
03/06/2010, 9:39 AM
Don't see why they wouldn't get the honours list, Derry carried everything over from the old club.

micls
03/06/2010, 9:51 AM
Including your Dignity.

My dignity? Nah, liquidation was nothing to do with me.....

I better check it with the liquidator, no-one's dignity seemed to be on the list of things we bought. He could be holding out on us....

HarpoJoyce
03/06/2010, 10:27 AM
My dignity? Nah, liquidation was nothing to do with me.....

I better check it with the liquidator, no-one's dignity seemed to be on the list of things we bought. He could be holding out on us....

The bullish attitude is starting back up already.
If the club have none, probably should start investing in some. You'll get more sympathy from other fans.

Mr A
03/06/2010, 10:39 AM
I don't think it's really fair to have a go at FORAS. They did their level best to keep the old version of the club going in the face of one of one of the worst dirtbags ever to get involved in football in this country and indeed if anything maybe should have broke with him sooner. They applied for a club license on time etc and were successful- what else could they do, just not have a Cork club any more? Had FORAS done nothing before the old version's demise I would probably be inclined to agree, but they tried to put in place a solution only to be blocked by TNB's lack of any grasp on reality.

If you don't think they should be in the league your argument is with the FAI, not FORAS.

micls
03/06/2010, 11:32 AM
The bullish attitude is starting back up already.
If the club have none, probably should start investing in some. You'll get more sympathy from other fans.

Get a grip man.

We've worked incredibly hard to get to where we are now, after our club was decimated by a scumbag.

I won't be feeling guilty about what I consider a great achievement cos it annoys some UCD fan and I certainly won't feel guilty about the actions of a deranged lunatic which we tried our best to prevent.

sligoman
03/06/2010, 11:33 AM
Don't see why they wouldn't get the honours list, Derry carried everything over from the old club.Well, everything except the bills.

Mr A
03/06/2010, 1:04 PM
Yeah- I should have said 'everything they wanted' rather than just 'everything'.

mr.untitled
03/06/2010, 2:13 PM
Fair play to Cork and Derry for reincarnating themselves and I hope they do well but as far as I'm concerned both clubs are brand new and have won nothing.

harps1954
03/06/2010, 2:30 PM
Fair play to Cork and Derry for reincarnating themselves and I hope they do well but as far as I'm concerned both clubs are brand new and have won nothing.

The FAI agrees with you too. In the Media Guide for this season's FAI Cup which was issued on the night of the third round draw, and also forwarded to all members of the press, it gives details of all 32 clubs in this season's third round. Under each club it gives some basic club details and also their 2009 FAI Cup record. Under both Derry and Cork they have stated: "2009 FAI cup record: Did not qualify." So, in the eyes of the FAI, both these clubs only came to exist in 2010.

Munster Saint
03/06/2010, 2:53 PM
Get a grip man.

We've worked incredibly hard to get to where we are now, after our club was decimated by a scumbag.

I won't be feeling guilty about what I consider a great achievement cos it annoys some UCD fan and I certainly won't feel guilty about the actions of a deranged lunatic which we tried our best to prevent.

I'd argue that Cork City FC was decimated by Arkaga long before TNB was involved, weren't club debts around the €1.3m mark when that bunch of chancers washed their hands of things back in 08?

pineapple stu
03/06/2010, 2:59 PM
They were all written off in examinership as well. TNB started with a clean slate.

Lim till i die
03/06/2010, 3:05 PM
I'd argue that Cork City FC was decimated by Arkaga long before TNB was involved, weren't club debts around the €1.3m mark when that bunch of chancers washed their hands of things back in 08?

Arkaga was arguably the high water mark of langer egomania aswell if memory serves.

Lim till i die
03/06/2010, 3:08 PM
any players?limerick need a few,all we have are boxers (hughes v judge this friday nite at 7.45 jackman pk round 2)

Should get the big bang in as a coach, make it a boxing club altogether.

We all knew deep down this football mumbe jumbo wouldn't fly.

micls
03/06/2010, 8:20 PM

They were certainly the start of the end but Coughlan had basically a fresh start and managed to mess it up, even worse.

don ramo
06/06/2010, 8:06 PM
why bother buying the name back, im assuming ye paid for the name, why not just make up a new name and save a bit of cash, and now yer just gonna pass this cost onto all the fans that have bought there CC FORAS CO-OP FC merchandise, kick in the nads if ya ask me, limerick37 done the same when they bought back the FC name,

if i was the creditor to CCFC theres no way in hell i would want that name on any future statements id be writeing up,

if anything cork, limerick and derry should burn there bridges and forget about all there cities previous clubs that all went to the wall, and move forward ensureing this club is gonna last the test of time, yer all young clubs, ye all have clean slates, your name should represent that your not CCFC, DCFC or LFC, not go around showing that these failed clubs have re-emerged

Louth4sam
06/06/2010, 9:54 PM
We used to always slag Drogheda fans and say "you can't buy history". Guess we were wrong as a brand new club just bought some

paudie
07/06/2010, 12:34 AM
The FAI agrees with you too. In the Media Guide for this season's FAI Cup which was issued on the night of the third round draw, and also forwarded to all members of the press, it gives details of all 32 clubs in this season's third round. Under each club it gives some basic club details and also their 2009 FAI Cup record. Under both Derry and Cork they have stated: "2009 FAI cup record: Did not qualify." So, in the eyes of the FAI, both these clubs only came to exist in 2010.

AFAIK the board are trying or will try to get the FAI to allocate the honours won by Cork City since 1984 to the "new" club. Seems a perfectly reasonable request to me.

Fiorentina went bust a few years back and a "new" club started in Serie C. I don't think anyone would seriously suggest that the history of the current Fiorentina club started only then or that the current club has no right to claim the history of Fiorentina up to when they went bust.

sheao
07/06/2010, 8:17 PM
AFAIK the board are trying or will try to get the FAI to allocate the honours won by Cork City since 1984 to the "new" club. Seems a perfectly reasonable request to me.

Fiorentina went bust a few years back and a "new" club started in Serie C. I don't think anyone would seriously suggest that the history of the current Fiorentina club started only then or that the current club has no right to claim the history of Fiorentina up to when they went bust.

The history is currently in the hands of the liquidator and i think he is the person who the history can be bought off,just like the intellectual property of Cork City Fotbball club was last week .

Schumi
07/06/2010, 9:05 PM
The history is currently in the hands of the liquidator and i think he is the person who the history can be bought off,just like the intellectual property of Cork City Fotbball club was last week .So any club could just buy Cork City's history off the liquidator? Seems a bit strange.

A face
08/06/2010, 8:03 AM
The history is currently in the hands of the liquidator and i think he is the person who the history can be bought off,just like the intellectual property of Cork City Fotbball club was last week .

So any club could just buy Cork City's history off the liquidator? Seems a bit strange.

Lads, the history is awarded to a club. There is no 'buying the history' involved. The club who owns the intellectual property rights could be deemed best placed to have the history awarded to it. There would probably be some other criteria as well. As far as i know thats how it works anyway.

mr.untitled
08/06/2010, 1:23 PM
did CCFC (1984-2009) get cork hibs and cork celtics history, not stirring, just curious how it works

total hoofball
08/06/2010, 2:51 PM
You speak as if the current board did nothing to save the club in the first place.

The club cheated, was punished, and now has been taken over by responsible people who have given the club to the people who genuinely care for it, and who have been highly fortunate to be able buy back the intellectual rights. Now its time to move on.

And it completely blows over your head

Necroclubs like Cork, Derry, Limerick can continue to spend money they don't have, win trophies, go bust, form a new franchise, buy intellectual properties and go off on the cycle again and again and again while clubs who don't have this luxury by owning real assets and wanting to protect their history and integrity have to live within their means and pay off their debts and all this distorts competition in the league by putting clubs at a competitive disadvantage: debt free Derry are spending more than any other first division club and are already dominating the division. This is disasterous for actual football clubs as the lax attitude from the FAI towards necroclubs is distorting competition in the league and hampering clubs in their efforts to progress on and off the pitch.

So many clowns here moan about the state of the Irish football and the non-existent sustainability over the past number of years but when necroclubs like Cork City receive the facility to continue the unsustainable madness and to rape their creditors as often as they wish here its all well done, pat on the back stuff. ****ing hypocrites.

If clubs die, they should stay dead.
If fans of deceased clubs want to form their own club that's fine.
But there needs to a regulation in the participation agreement that forbids any new applicant to the league from registering the same name, claiming history and other intellectual properties as former league members.

total hoofball
08/06/2010, 2:58 PM

:roll: In Cork, does anyone understand the concept of death?

ACF Fiorentina is a different club to the former club that died in 2002. ACF's history started in 2002.

Mr A
08/06/2010, 3:04 PM
Totally agree that it should not be allowed- but until there are rules against it (and as I've said before, if licensing isn't there to prevent clubs from walking away from their debts and then reappearing as if little or nothing happened- what the hell IS it for?) then you can't blame clubs for doing it.

A face
08/06/2010, 3:54 PM
did CCFC (1984-2009) get cork hibs and cork celtics history, not stirring, just curious how it works

No, because they were different entities and not a continuation of the club. CCFC were founded since 1984 and have existed since then up until this day.

mr.untitled
08/06/2010, 4:10 PM
so CCFC (the one founded in 1984) went in to examinership twice, went bust and is still alive?

As Mr.A says, If there are no rules against it, I cant blame cork for doing it but just when I was beginning to think the FAI had things under control, this comes up. No where else would this be allowed.

A face
08/06/2010, 4:43 PM
No where else would this be allowed.

I dunno, i think its quite common place as far as i know. Agreed that its not ideal and does nothing to stop the cycle of 'boom bust' clubs but the fact still remains, City, by the mechanisms that are available to us have been allowed to continue the club on.