PDA

View Full Version : Are MNS for real?

avvenalaf
31/05/2010, 7:23 PM
Rovers play St. Pat's tomorrow night in the quarter final of a cup competition and not a mention on MNS. Diddly squat. Mind you it was hilarious to see Shams NOT get two penalties.

poster
31/05/2010, 7:35 PM
They're real ya.

I don't think they announced the fixtures/results of the last round either.

CRFC&SRFC
31/05/2010, 10:00 PM
Missed mns but over on off the ball,thought cook was class, everthing you'd want to here from your manager especially when he rinsed murf re the importance of staying up with galway question.

Redie
01/06/2010, 8:30 AM
Rovers play St. Pat's tomorrow night in the quarter final of a cup competition and not a mention on MNS. Diddly squat. Mind you it was hilarious to see Shams NOT get two penalties.

Probably because Anthony Buttimer was not reffing the match.

Jeebus
01/06/2010, 10:14 AM
Missed mns but over on off the ball,thought cook was class, everthing you'd want to here from your manager especially when he rinsed murf re the importance of staying up with galway question.

What did Cook say? I didnt realise he was going to be on the programme, would have listened in.

CRFC&SRFC
01/06/2010, 2:54 PM
Im sure they'll have a podcast up fairly soon. They were asking him a bit about Kirby as both him and Phil Thompson grew up there and knew each other. He was complimentary of Sligo sport in general and wished GAA team all the best.

Liked the way he correctly referred to soccer as football and gaa as gaelic(if u can follow that).

Murf asked him a long winded question that he and most of the audience didnt like. Something along the lines of 'is the league diminished with only 2 teams competing in top flight outside of 30 mins from oconnell street dublin and does that make it even more important for Galway and Sligo to avoid relegation this season'

Cook replied that he couldnt speak for Galway but in regards SRFC he was looking towards winning trophies and relegation wasnt on agenda or something along those line..got a big cheer from crowd. Was a short inpromptu interview i think.

Hopfully can put one over Pats this eve and get a bit of momentum going. Long way to go yet

dong
01/06/2010, 3:51 PM

Cook is a great man for saying the right things in interviews alright.

oldrover
01/06/2010, 8:51 PM
Rovers on a real roll. !!
21 goals in last 4 home games.!!
full support for the bitored

red arrow
01/06/2010, 10:51 PM
ya. was a brilliant performance tonight. we were superb in the 1st half & second goal was one of the best i have ever seen in the showgrounds for quality of movement & execution. dare i say it but i think we are going places this season. don't wish to take away from any of the teams performance but what i've seen from russell he is quality. i have a friend in galway who said to me that he was by far & away galway's best player last year & he said that he should be playing across the water. well i think that paul cook is right now the right man for john russell. what i mean is cook's expansive game suits russell's play & the quality of the pitches during the summer will suit the bit'o red greatly. it's the best midfield we have had in a long long time, very creative . man i'm excited about our prospects. we are not the finished article but the jig saw is almost complete & we have a player waiting in the wings if he will assist. but that's another days work. well done rovers you bring "JOY" to the heart of sligo