PDA

View Full Version : Cup v Waterford

outspoken
31/05/2010, 8:30 AM
ohhhhh I just cant wait for this one. I know were not expecting a huge crowd but a few might be drawn back thanks to the magic of the Cup.

So whats everyone's predictions.

Im going for a 2-1 win for De Town at worst we will bring it to a replay.

blue til i die
31/05/2010, 3:33 PM
2-0 longford! hopefully!

Martinho II
31/05/2010, 5:48 PM
Its about time that town won back to back games and if Mick Lee starts from the start I would be confident that we would knock out Waterford either home or to a replay! Mick is the key link to success!

Town Legend
01/06/2010, 12:12 PM
We'll lose 5-0. Trying out my new predictions of reverse psychology!!

outspoken
01/06/2010, 2:17 PM
We'll lose 5-0. Trying out my new predictions of reverse psychology!!

Lets hope it works but im no longer living in hope I now believe again lol

outspoken
01/06/2010, 2:18 PM
2-0 longford! hopefully!

I think hes trying Town Legend's new technique aswell :D

bennocelt
01/06/2010, 6:29 PM
Like this vid on the town website..............
http://www.ltfc.ie/

outspoken
01/06/2010, 9:55 PM
Like this vid on the town website..............
http://www.ltfc.ie/

Yes its a good one and might encourage a few fans to come back or give the Town a go. They said in the Longford news that there is a big crowd expected Friday night but I cant see it my self

Longfordian
02/06/2010, 11:26 AM
Won't be a big crowd but hopefully it'll be a bit bigger than the last few games. The magic of the cup and all that.

sorbothegreek
03/06/2010, 3:52 PM
I hear Sean Dillon will be guest of honour for the game tomorrow night. Good to see him back in Flancare..

gaga man
03/06/2010, 4:08 PM
wont be a big crowd at all. the newtownforbes marquee festival is startin friday nite so everybody will be travellin to flavin!!!!

outspoken
03/06/2010, 5:27 PM
I hear Sean Dillon will be guest of honour for the game tomorrow night. Good to see him back in Flancare..

Were you hear this really hope its true that would be class

outspoken
03/06/2010, 9:52 PM
wont be a big crowd at all. the newtownforbes marquee festival is startin friday nite so everybody will be travellin to flavin!!!!

Oh yea forgot abt that damn it. But the great news is I was just talking to Dillo on facebook he is defo. In attendance tommorow night great to see a true Town legend returning home.

De Town
03/06/2010, 9:56 PM
Going into this, I should be confident. We have good players, we played well enough last week compared to some of the muck on show before that this season. Waterford are in poor form, they had 2 tough games in the last week. We've beaten them already this season, so we've got nothing to fear. However, we're about as predictable as the Irish weather, and I said on another site that I've given up predicting Town games for this season coz it's impossible...but I reckon Waterford will win 3-0.

RonnieB
04/06/2010, 7:43 AM
Operation get out of work and get to Longford and beat rush hour traffic begins...

Hope to get down for it. Hope we can build on the result last week.

outspoken
04/06/2010, 10:11 AM
Oh yea forgot abt that damn it. But the great news is I was just talking to Dillo on facebook he is defo. In attendance tommorow night great to see a true Town legend returning home.

Ireland are playing the Barbarians tonight aswell so thats another deduction from the crowd not looking good.

outspoken
04/06/2010, 12:04 PM
Team news is dunphy is out for Waterford with an ankle injury while o'calkaghan and Carey are doubtful.

Town team likley to be unchanged from Limerick win.

Things looking favorable for us already

stann
04/06/2010, 2:09 PM
That team news is all over the place! :D
Dunphy is suspended (4 yellows).
Alan Carey is definitely out, has missed the last couple of games.
Georgie is the doubt, not sure how he's fixed but we did pretty well without him on Tuesday.

outspoken
04/06/2010, 3:14 PM
That team news is all over the place! :D
Dunphy is suspended (4 yellows).
Alan Carey is definitely out, has missed the last couple of games.
Georgie is the doubt, not sure how he's fixed but we did pretty well without him on Tuesday.

Just seen it in the Sun this morning..... you coming to game tonight Stann..... are any Waterford fans?

Keen2win
04/06/2010, 8:54 PM
Yessssss

balls
04/06/2010, 9:08 PM
great result tonight

outspoken
04/06/2010, 10:07 PM
THAT.... WAS.... CLASS....

A solid performance both halfs we completely dominated Waterford from minute 1 to 94. Despite the ref and officials been a complete disgrace we still came out on top and should have 2 or 3 more didnt think we would dominate like that.

Fair play to all the lads they all put in there share absolutely class and the supporters were magic outsung the blues fans every time.

Cant wait for game VS Shels were gona win that (or at least draw) too.

A great night all round that included meeting Sean Dillon and getting him to sign my flag that now has himself , Prunty and Matthews on it...... I think its worth more than what I bought it for now :D

CMON DE TOWN

Cup Kings

whooooooo:):)

Longfordian
04/06/2010, 10:19 PM
We were on top for long spells as we should be against ten men but we rode our luck in the last half hour, Sullivan shouldn't have given Deans a chance of getting that off the line but credit to Chris for busting a gut to get there too. The penalty for them was a penalty and a great save by Shanahan who looked back to the good form of last season which is good to see. Then the free kick which hit the bar as well. Definitely didn't dominate from 1-94 but the lads all gave it everything. Special mention to Hyland, Lee, Mooney, Salmon, Deans and Lester. Peter Hynes is getting married tomorrow as well so hopefully that knock he took won't stop him making it down the aisle!. Great win and a good boost for the club! Dillo was in his element as well, warmly welcomed back to his spiritual home!

avvenalaf
04/06/2010, 10:23 PM
Well done De Town and I hope ye draw The Bit O'Red in the next round.

Longfordian
04/06/2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah Sligo would be a good draw in the next round or even better in the round after!. Ye put out Athlone as well so well done .

Casperian
04/06/2010, 10:59 PM
Great result tonight, well done Town!!! Thought we should have had a few more goals especially against 10 men so early on but a win is a win. Great save from Aaron for the penalty and what a clearance from Deans off the line, good stuff lads... great to see Johnny Lester stepping up to take the penalty tonight and keeping his bottle to score that all important goal!! Also well done to Lee, Salmon and Freeman good performance's tonight!!! There is one other player that deserves a special mention for his once again outstanding performance and that of course is the one and only (thank God) wouldn’t head a ball if his life depended on it Peter Hynes!!! My God how many times do you have to make the same mistake before you learn from it, but he obviously hasn’t so here's a tip.... ball in the air watch it ....wait for it....wait for it..... Wait for it... its dropping.... it’s still dropping.... it’s coming towards your head, keep your eyes open.... NOW JUMP!!! Now how simple is that!!!! It's getting a bit ridiculous having to watch him doing the same thing week after week and obviously not learning from his mistakes, especially for a player with his experience. Time to rethink our attacking option because Peter Hynes definitely isn’t it!!

Pauro 76
05/06/2010, 8:46 AM
Well done Town, kickstarting our season hopefully!

De Town
05/06/2010, 9:57 AM
Great result. Good performance for 60 minutes or so and then we switched off. Sullivan really should have scored when he went around Aaron but fair play to Deans for getting back. The penalty they got was soft, but the ref was always going to try and even it up. Fantastic save from Aaron though to keep it out. I thought their keeper was unlucky to be sent off for a few reasons. Number 1, Salmon knocked the ball wide of goal and would have been doing well to catch it. Number 2, they had a defender on the line so the keeper was really last man. Delighted with the first 60 minutes of the performance and the result, hopefully get the winners of Salthill and Tullamore at home next! :) Was happy to see Salmon get the MOTM last night as well. He's probably been our most consistent player this season so far, his workrate is unbelievable. He's a bit like Darren Fletcher really, feck all football ability in him (who does in Division 1 though?) but he pressures the opposition into mistakes the whole game. He was immense last night anyway. Hopefully get a result against Shels now on Tuesday night to keep this little run going.

Keen2win
05/06/2010, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=De Town;1365674] The penalty they got was soft, but the ref was always going to try and even it up. Fantastic save from Aaron though to keep it out. [QUOTE]

It wasn't soft, I thaught it was a defo penelty!

Rocky77
05/06/2010, 5:01 PM
A perfect Friday for me really; getting to a game for a start, being paid to be there and we won!

At half time I couldn't see us not winning, with 20mins to go I thought we were going to need plenty of luck. Watched it back this morning at I don't think Kearney's was a pen - justice done!

outspoken
05/06/2010, 5:46 PM
Watched it back this morning at I don't think Kearney's was a pen - justice done!

I think it was a stone wall penalty and that the freekick they hit the crossbar from was a terrible decision and was never a free so justice was done there :)

Martinho II
06/06/2010, 11:39 AM
It was a perfect night weatherwise for football.. ok the crowd wasnt the greatest( 300) but they certainly got behind the team.. Knopcka I thought did deserve a yellow card at least, Deans was unreal and that clearance off the line from Sullivan was top drawer.. the peno for Waterford was from a blatant dive from Liam Kearney and justice was done when Shanahan saved..

trouble was Waterford got stronger as the second half wore on.. The free kick from them hit the post.. What a result to knock Waterford out of the FAI Cup six times in the last decade is some feat.. And I was made up when Dillo came home to us temporarily for the cup.. Maybe he may be a good omen!

I am praying that we finally get Sligo Rovers in the FAI Cup at home after 41 long years of waiting to play them in the cup!

De Town
06/06/2010, 11:58 AM
I am praying that we finally get Sligo Rovers in the FAI Cup at home after 41 long years of waiting to play them in the cup!
I'd like to get them too, but I'd like us to get through at least one more round before we meet them. Any non league team at home please, or Salthill will do! :)

Martinho II
06/06/2010, 12:38 PM
http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3650/

interview with aaron shanahan here.. where in co meath is he from btw?

De Town
06/06/2010, 3:19 PM
Navan I think.

fitzpatrick10
07/06/2010, 5:26 AM
well eve if it wasent a peno we should have had another one , due to the fact dat the free kick hynes was given on d right side of the box should have been a peno as he was clearly a yard inside when he was tackled.. but what do u expect when d officials are mickey mouse:L

Keen2win
07/06/2010, 11:47 AM
well eve if it wasent a peno we should have had another one , due to the fact dat the free kick hynes was given on d right side of the box should have been a peno as he was clearly a yard inside when he was tackled.. but what do u expect when d officials are mickey mouse:L

I don't remember that!?

outspoken
07/06/2010, 12:11 PM

I remember it your dead right mate when the foul first occurred it was inside the box but he ended up outside but ref was to stupid to see that