PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda Cup Match

lefty
29/05/2010, 4:46 PM
Lads,

Has it been confirmed yet whether this match is on on Friday night or Saturday night?

Poor Student
29/05/2010, 9:24 PM
It's Friday. We're running a bus to the game, PM Harpo if you're interested in heading.

Schumi
29/05/2010, 11:08 PM
There's a blast from the past! You're missing a good season.

pineapple stu
29/05/2010, 11:53 PM
Lefty me aul flower. How on earth are you?

I assume there's no chance you still have my 2005 League Cup final video?

lefty
30/05/2010, 8:58 PM
I can safely say that i have absolutely no idea where that video is! But i know i enjoyed watching it once. K.o. 7.45 is it? Ill be there. Ill be making my own way to it but if theres room i might hitch a lift back down to Dublin.

Schumi
30/05/2010, 9:27 PM
K.o. 7.45 is it?Yup.

pineapple stu
04/06/2010, 10:54 AM
Game on tonight so. Drogheda unbeaten under Smokie Kearins (whose son played for UCD). They're missing Damien Brennan, Paul Crowley and Brian King. Andy Boyle is back for us - will he get back in the team though?! Paul Corry is a doubt but apparently should be good to play, so it looks like we could be at full strength.

And in more good news, they've apparently put in new toilets in United Park! No more holding your breath and trying not to vomit.

Presuambly any replay isn't going to be for a while given there's a match on Tuesday where the replays are usually scheduled, and then there's the summer break. Another small bit of rather bad planning from the FAI I think; silly having a possible month of a gap between a game and a replay.

Schumi
04/06/2010, 11:48 AM
Hopefully we won't need a replay anyway! I think Shortall is suspended for this for Boyle should come straight in for him.

pineapple stu
04/06/2010, 12:43 PM
Where'd you see about Shortenbauer? No mention of it on the club site or on extratime.

Drogheda are also missingJamie Harris, Darragh McNamara and Robbie Martin and Damien Brennan. So I think the only former UCD player who'll be involved is our old friend Glen. :)

Schumi
04/06/2010, 1:09 PM
http://www.airtricityleague.com/index.php/about/press-office/2122-fai-ford-cup-and-airtricity-league-suspensions I assume "first team competitive" includes the cup.

pineapple stu
04/06/2010, 2:47 PM
Error on the page. I'll have to trust you!

Schumi
04/06/2010, 3:47 PM
Works fine for me. :confused:

Schumi
04/06/2010, 9:47 PM
Not the best performance but we did just about enough to deserve the win. Boyle was immense again, I can't understand how he didn't start for the Ireland under-19s.

ndrog
05/06/2010, 10:14 AM
Draw would have been a fair result to be honest .Oh well ! congrats on the win and best of luck in the competition . might stick a few bob on you for the cup .

pineapple stu
05/06/2010, 10:57 AM
Not the best performance but we did just about enough to deserve the win.
Much better footballing side than Drogheda, but they forced Billy into the main saves of the match. Terry was saying we had a clear penalty in the first few minutes, which could have changed a lot.

Two lovely goals. If Davey Mac meant his! Managed to get it perfectly on video too; didn't think I had. Evan this time with the surging run from defence to set up the goal. Anyone remember Tony Adams' famous "I'm not a donkey any more!" goal against Everton late in his career? That's like us now. :)

Schumi
05/06/2010, 12:02 PM
I thought we were a bit sluggish compared to the last few games. Maybe I'm not giving Drogheda enough credit for their performance, as they were much better than the other games against us this year, but I thought we could have pushed on and put them under more pressure.

ndrog
06/06/2010, 10:18 AM
Much better footballing side than Drogheda, but they forced Billy into the main saves of the match. Terry was saying we had a clear penalty in the first few minutes, which could have changed a lot.

Two lovely goals. If Davey Mac meant his! Managed to get it perfectly on video too; didn't think I had. Evan this time with the surging run from defence to set up the goal. Anyone remember Tony Adams' famous "I'm not a donkey any more!" goal against Everton late in his career? That's like us now. :)

I think your a much better footballing side than most in the leauge but you lacked a bit of spark in the game compared to others ive seen you in . Not sure wether the goal was meant or not but skinner should be shot for not getting a hand to it !

pineapple stu
06/06/2010, 5:14 PM
I thought we were a bit sluggish compared to the last few games. Maybe I'm not giving Drogheda enough credit for their performance, as they were much better than the other games against us this year, but I thought we could have pushed on and put them under more pressure.
We weren't as incisive alright, but one thing I did notice on camera was hoiw quickly we moved the ball about at time.

Ndrog - think you're being a bit harsh on Skinner. He was wrongfooted cois he - like everyone - was expecting the cross. I thinlk he did well to get as close to saving it as he did. It was right in the top corner, looping over him.

pineapple stu
10/06/2010, 10:37 AM
Highlights -

s-NySEEn_SQ

Hope to have both the Rovers games up on Monday.