PDA

View Full Version : Dan Murray - Stay out of the Pub

Gary
07/04/2004, 4:37 PM
Can one of the mods make this into a poll ?

Dan Murray isn't a patch near the standard of when he first came over, this is the time when we need him at his best. He seems to be showing an alarming lack of interest, bare in mind he is mean to be the captain. Read his bit in the programme and he seems to think all is rosey in the garden. Are we going ot suffer over his form this season.

as requested by PM by A Face

SÓC
07/04/2004, 4:41 PM
Someone said on another thread that he shouldnt be captain and Colin should be in his place. Proper order.

While Hoggie is out injured I'd put Colin at right back and I'd make him captain for the rest of the season, where ever he endsup playing.

pete
07/04/2004, 5:35 PM
Dunno can't keep changing Captain couple of times season. Lets face it captain does feck all in football anyway.

While Dan has looked dodgy I don't think can change 1/2 the team week in week out so would leave him there for next couple of games & see how it goes...

RedX
07/04/2004, 10:14 PM
I hope Dan Murray does not resd this rubbish from his own fans..bad form lads :confused:

A face
08/04/2004, 12:30 AM
I hope Dan Murray does not resd this rubbish from his own fans..bad form lads :confused:

I totally agree with you but i am freaked out ..... he you have ot admit he has taken a few steps back, in comparison to when he first lined out for City. The footballing centre back ... we were totally confident in him but now he seems to be making some clángers and we are paying for it.

I dunno .... i give up !!

SÓC
08/04/2004, 1:36 AM
If a player plays crap he deserves to have his preformence assessed on here. As opposed to other players whpo get abuse on the pitch while wearing the club jersey.

If Kevin Murray played like Dan did we'd have pages upon pages of threads demanding that he be dropped from the squad.

No players should be above critique because they are fans favorities.

A face
08/04/2004, 1:53 AM

Has to be said .... Kevin Murray is a good example, it is not that you'd want to get on the guys back just for the sake of it ... we'd rant on because he is not good enough or not doing the job he is meant to do.

I totally agree that take lumps out of people here doesn't help but highlighting it surely is a must. Making excuses for any player will never help us out.

niamh
08/04/2004, 8:56 AM
All I can say, where are all people who said Dan Murray was not playing well next to Derek last season? Well he still ain't playing well now. Murray is one of the best centre halves in the league, and no one affects his play except himself.

ccfcman
08/04/2004, 9:39 AM
its all a little bit anti dan there so far in the voting.hes fúckin class when he wants to be but,i feel hes got the mentality that he seems to need to beat players from defence a little :confused:

pete
08/04/2004, 9:45 AM
How quick people turn on a player out of form.

:(

ccfcman
08/04/2004, 9:46 AM
yeah when will it happen for jof?

razor
09/04/2004, 10:18 AM

And that should go for George too
I know he oozes skill and class but sometimes much more is required and i'm not too sure he has what it takes when the game gets physical.

Éanna
09/04/2004, 10:30 AM
He's a great player, and he's beena good captain,but he needs to get a bit more vocal again. Maybe the fact that his partner keeps changing every few games isn't helping him

golly
09/04/2004, 5:05 PM
dan looked good when he played with a good partner that he could trust ie benno coughlan not kevin murray or willie byrne. dan is trying 2 play his own game and cover d other fella aswell. when benno and coughlan were long side of him we looked solid at d back. dere is a disturbing lack of confidence around d place at the mo.