PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Manager?

SkStu
25/05/2010, 11:14 PM
who do people think it will be? My money is on Sean "Brucey" Connor. Sufficiently egocentric and narcissistic...

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3547/

Mystery boss to start next week

Tue, May 25 2010

Following a round of intense, delicate negotiations that tested the limits of human endurance, a decision has been reached and, FIFA clearance permitting, we are proud to announce that our newest columnist, a yet to be announced Premier Division manager, will be filing his first take on life in football, both in and outside of the League of Ireland, in the coming days to be published on Tuesday June 1st.

In the middle of a tense Airtricity League campaign, and with a World Cup in South Africa looming large, this man's knowledge and insight should prove a riveting read, so stay tuned. All will be revealed on Saturday morning before the next round of fixtures.

Once more, on the back of this news, we are inviting both regular and newcomers to the site to have a guess at who the new addition to the site will be. This is not a trick question. You have ten choices and the winner who is drawn out of a hat on the day of the first installment will receive a signed home jersey from the manager in question's club.

To enter, and be quick as this column could begin any day now, simply email extratimelive@gmail.com with the name of the manager you think has joined our ever-growing team of writers, as well as your name, address, and telephone number, as the winner will get their picture taken with the boss in question as well as a signed jersey before an upcoming Airtricity League Premier Division game.

Hints as to who the manager in question is are available on our Facebook page, but only first answers are allowed so be careful and good luck.

Rasputin
25/05/2010, 11:40 PM
Ahh not the poison dwarf, please god no.

Doomofman
26/05/2010, 12:13 AM
Could be Foster... There's 6 letters in the surname anyway

gustavo
26/05/2010, 8:26 AM
Going by the clues I'd say it's Connor

danthesaint
26/05/2010, 9:15 AM
what about O'Neill??

thischarmingman
26/05/2010, 12:57 PM
Following a round of intense, delicate negotiations that tested the limits of human endurance, a decision has been reached and, FIFA clearance permitting, we are proud to announce that our newest columnist, a yet to be announced Premier Division manager...

Could be any of us really.

CuanaD
26/05/2010, 1:14 PM
S.Kenny?

sheao
26/05/2010, 2:09 PM
S.Kenny?

It's a premier division manager so it is'nt him .
Either Pete Mahon or Liam Buckley i reckon

blue til i die
26/05/2010, 2:29 PM
It's a premier division manager so it is'nt him .
Either Pete Mahon or Liam Buckley i reckon

Got to be 6 letters in the surname so rules both of those out.

osarusan
26/05/2010, 2:52 PM
From the facebook page - he had his career cut short by injury, and has coaching experience outside the LOI. Also has managed in 2 Irish provinces.

Has to be Connor.

SkStu
26/05/2010, 2:58 PM
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ejEgQXcuy3kJ:www.airtricityleague.c om/index.php/clubs/premier-division/dundalk-fc/latest-news/229-sean-connor+sean+connor+injury&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

yep, its Connor alright. Ha! The geebag.

Ezeikial
26/05/2010, 8:36 PM
Great news if it is Sean Connor. It's about time he raised his profile again, after letting it drop a bit this season.

After all, not one poster here blamed him for the Limerick / Barcelona fiasco, the Manure friendly, Quigley's tackle, or Drogheda's falling gates - how times have changed! Bring it all back, I say.

eamo1
27/05/2010, 12:45 PM
Foster had his career cut short by injury at Kiddiminster and went into coaching then.He has also managed in 2 provinces,could be him.

Gaillimh Al
27/05/2010, 7:11 PM
Well pointed out Eamo. Is Derry not part of Ulster too? I think a certain six lettered Premier Manager had a spell there. UEFA competitions are also outside of the LOI jurisdiction in my eyes.
Announcement planned for Saturday morning. One more clue to come.

SkStu
27/05/2010, 7:14 PM
Well pointed out Eamo. Is Derry not part of Ulster too? I think a certain six lettered Premier Manager had a spell there. UEFA competitions are also outside of the LOI jurisdiction in my eyes.
Announcement planned for Saturday morning. One more clue to come.

Dont even try to go there Al!!!

His career wasnt cut short by injury, he's just short.

Gaillimh Al
27/05/2010, 8:47 PM
By definition,, most players career is cut short by injury, ie they stop because the chance of getting injured has increased dramatically. Or they just couldn't be arsed.
Anyway, tis just a bit of fun. Enjoy.

Gaillimh Al
29/05/2010, 9:31 AM
Well done to all who correctly figured it out.
http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3579/

osarusan
01/06/2010, 12:02 PM
Sean Connor's (first?) article here -

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3598/