PDA

View Full Version : Pats in Europe

Danny
11/06/2001, 2:47 PM
Did that day in bray not really happen ????

St Patrick's Athletic manager, Pat Dolan, is looking to bolster his squad in time for the Saints UEFA Cup campaign.

The Pat's manager would not reveal who he is after, but he did say that he is looking for "good young players."

Dolan denied that any foray into the transfer market would be hindered by ground developments at Richmond Park. The Saints are looking to have a new terrace in place by the beginning of next season, while work on a new stand will continue into the new campaign. The cost of the stand will be £4 million, but Dolan will still work on building his squad.

"We will be looking to work on our ground and on the team at the same time, but the focus is on ground development."

According to Dolan, he has targeted several players and will try to persuade them to move to The Stadium of Light.

"I have my eye on some players and I'm chipping away at bringing them to St Pat's all the time."

The Saints qualified for next season's UEFA Cup after finishing third in the Premier Division, behind Bohemians and Shelbourne.

Dolan is set to lose full-back, Keith Doyle, who is out of contract and has admitted that he would like a new challenge. He has been linked with Shelbourne out-of-contract winger, James Keddy.

from setanta.com

James
11/06/2001, 2:49 PM
how did pats get their imaginary uefa place anyway with 3rd when we finished there and only got interfloppo

the plot thickens

well done setanta.com:p

Danny
11/06/2001, 3:36 PM
Only if $hels had beat cork, pats had beat bray & bohs won the cup then 3rd place would have been in the UEFA cup

wws
11/06/2001, 5:13 PM
We qualified for Europe,

That woman in the Car Park had excellent driving Skills,

The Dart Service was brilliant as usual,

It ****ed rain,

The Hibernian is a real "football fans" pub!

and I bought Pizzas for all in Double quick time.......with not a complaint from anyone!

:rolleyes:

Danny
11/06/2001, 5:15 PM
All of that is believeable except the bit about you getting the pizza's on time......

How was ur kebab on saturday ??

And i dont mean the bird you were chatting up......
;)

Macy
11/06/2001, 5:53 PM
on the kebab ;)

pete
11/06/2001, 6:07 PM
.....mail eoin@setanta.com to complain about the story?

In my brief experience of setanta journo they not exately ledgendary @ researching stories :rolleyes:

Tallaghtsaint
11/06/2001, 10:39 PM
for the kebab on saturday wws, twas quite tasty i owe ya a few beers in august......