PDA

View Full Version : parkinh near the RDS..

Martinho II
24/05/2010, 5:46 PM
well guys,

I am driving up to the Ireland game tomorrow nite in the RDS.. Can ye recommend any good spots near the ground where I can park the car as I remember the last time that I was up there for the cup final in 2008 we had to park a long distance from the ground..

Lionel Ritchie
25/05/2010, 10:36 AM
Been a few years since I was at anything in the RDS (Metallica a few years back). I was surprised how handy I got parked up on the quays.

the 12 th man
25/05/2010, 1:03 PM
I was surprised how handy I got parked up on the quays.

Don't think Marty could walk that far:)

gspain
25/05/2010, 1:10 PM
street parking and potluck. There is a church on the corner of Anglesea Road and Simmonscourt Road that opens as a carpark. Pricey enough (a tenner I think) but your best bet for being close to the ground.

In fairness they do wait around until afterwards to help empty the carpark properly. Don't ever use the ones near the O2 which are a disaster zone after the event. The attendants do a runner once full.

EastTerracer
25/05/2010, 1:58 PM
The old UCD vetinerary college on Shelbourne Road offers very reasonably priced parking (these bankrupt developers have to make a crust somehow).

Lionel Ritchie
25/05/2010, 2:19 PM
Don't think Marty could walk that far:)

I probably should've been more specific in case he thought I meant Aston Quay (in the middle of a bus stop). That stretch along by the mespil. I got parked just off northumberland road. shouldn't have too many problems around there on a Tuesday evening

Declanus
25/05/2010, 2:27 PM
Shelbourne Road is usually a good bet. The RDS is not a million miles from Lansdowne so if you usually drive to games there try the same spots. Just be aware some of the pay and display spots are still in action until 7.00pm and you may get clampers on patrol right up to the last minute.

the 12 th man
25/05/2010, 3:01 PM
I probably should've been more specific in case he thought I meant Aston Quay (in the middle of a bus stop). That stretch along by the mespil. I got parked just off northumberland road. shouldn't have too many problems around there on a Tuesday evening

Yeah I thought you meant the quays on the Liffey as opposed to the canal:),there's another thread about this somewhere and somewhere off the Pembroke Rd area seemed to be the most popular -Wellington Rd,Raglan Rd,Clyde Rd,Shelbourne Rd etc.

Park where you would normally park for Lansdowne Rd is good advice.

Martinho II
26/05/2010, 7:55 PM
Shelbourne Road is usually a good bet. The RDS is not a million miles from Lansdowne so if you usually drive to games there try the same spots. Just be aware some of the pay and display spots are still in action until 7.00pm and you may get clampers on patrol right up to the last minute.

strangely enough I ended up in Shelbourne Road which is excellent.. I nearly was parking on the other side of the road where there was residents parkin and a man who was a clamper tapped on the window and told me to park across the road from ballsbridge motors which was very handy!