PDA

View Full Version : piece in yesterdays star on sunday..

Martinho II
24/05/2010, 5:42 PM
Did anyone get yesterdays Star on Sunday? There was a sad story about ex Town player Trevor Donnelly(ex Dundallk) . His life has being ruined from giving evidence against of the wellknown dublin criminals after being innocently attacked in Crumlin..He is afraid as his life could be in danger..
He played 19 games for us in the 1994-95 season under John Cleary(manager). I really hope that his life picks up for him.:(

outspoken
25/05/2010, 8:55 AM
Also did you see who was in goals for the Louth Senior Football team VS Longford at the weekend........ It was former Town keeper Gallagher.

This wasn't the first time this season a former Town keeper has faced the blue and gold of Longford GAA as Meath keeper Brendan Murphy faced us in the O'byrne Cup earlier in the year.

Its a small world (:

Town Legend
25/05/2010, 10:31 AM
Did anyone get yesterdays Star on Sunday? There was a sad story about ex Town player Trevor Donnelly(ex Dundallk) . His life has being ruined from giving evidence against of the wellknown dublin criminals after being innocently attacked in Crumlin..He is afraid as his life could be in danger..
He played 19 games for us in the 1994-95 season under John Cleary(manager). I really hope that his life picks up for him.:(

Yeah its sad alright. I remember seeing a bit in one of the papers about 2 years ago about him been in trouble with drugs. He could play on left wing or up front. Played well while on loan to us from Home Farm Everton. He could of been a brilliant Premier player if he had to of stuck at it.

The Insider
25/05/2010, 7:21 PM
Also did you see who was in goals for the Louth Senior Football team VS Longford at the weekend........ It was former Town keeper Gallagher.

This wasn't the first time this season a former Town keeper has faced the blue and gold of Longford GAA as Meath keeper Brendan Murphy faced us in the O'byrne Cup earlier in the year.

Its a small world (:

Murphy wasnt in goals in the O'Byrne Cup, it was Lyons. Forget the last time Murphy played for Meath, two goalkeepers are Lyons and Paddy O'Rourke.

Back on to the topic sad to hear that about Donnelly. I liked him as a player.

outspoken
25/05/2010, 9:10 PM
Murphy wasnt in goals in the O'Byrne Cup, it was Lyons. Forget the last time Murphy played for Meath, two goalkeepers are Lyons and Paddy O'Rourke.

Back on to the topic sad to hear that about Donnelly. I liked him as a player.

oh he was suppose to be coming back to the meath panel but anyway dont want to hijack this thread.

Martinho II
26/05/2010, 7:16 PM
Yeah its sad alright. I remember seeing a bit in one of the papers about 2 years ago about him been in trouble with drugs. He could play on left wing or up front. Played well while on loan to us from Home Farm Everton. He could of been a brilliant Premier player if he had to of stuck at it.

I dont remember him playing for us from going to matches but in the course of my research into the towns season of 94-95 his name came up a good few times!I was always wondering what club he came from thanks for that info!

Town Legend
26/05/2010, 10:37 PM
I dont remember him playing for us from going to matches but in the course of my research into the towns season of 94-95 his name came up a good few times!I was always wondering what club he came from thanks for that info!

I know how you feel Marty! There's some names that stick in my head for wrong or right reasons but also quite a few seem to go right over my head when their names are mentioned!!