PDA

View Full Version : el theme tune fills dance floor

max power
07/04/2004, 2:25 PM
i meant to post this on mon/tues but i was in shock, i played showdown at my gig on sunday night and it filled the floor and they loved it......shock i tell thee, only jimmy o'neill shuck me out of it last night !!

Robinski
07/04/2004, 2:35 PM
Really! I think it's shockingly awful.

A face
07/04/2004, 3:54 PM
i played showdown at my gig on sunday night

Is showdown the theme tune to eircom League Weekly ??

max power
07/04/2004, 4:05 PM
no, they would have to pay a fee every time they played it and they are too miserable so send a camera to inchicore to our game last night so i don't think that is very high up on their list.....

the music they use is a generic piece that they have paid a composer a set fee to come up with eg €1000 as aposed to paying €85 every time they use the showdown which the copyright is owned by universal i think.

GalwayFrancis
07/04/2004, 4:24 PM
what is the name of the song and artist of the song?

max power
07/04/2004, 4:27 PM
its carol anthony and the song is called showdown

SÓC
07/04/2004, 4:32 PM
Max, out of interest do DJs have to pay fees everytime they play a song?

pete
07/04/2004, 4:36 PM
Really! I think it's shockingly awful.

I've heard worse.

Apparently no. 18 in Irish Charts (http://top40-charts.com/song.php?sid=9616)

Was played at halftime in Flancare last week. Dunno if been played at the Cross yet...

WeAreRovers
07/04/2004, 4:50 PM
Max, out of interest do DJs have to pay fees everytime they play a song?

No, the venue should have an IMRO (Irish Music Rights Organisation) licence to enable public performances of published material. In other words they pay a one-off fee to IMRO every year. Incidentally, shops that have the radio playing need a licence too.

Radio and TV stations pay by the individual play of each record. Having said all that IMRO make the FAI look like they know what they're doing. :rolleyes:

KOH

A face
07/04/2004, 5:07 PM
In other words they pay a one-off fee to IMRO every year.

Is this the same fee that is measured in cubic feet and it a total rip off but businesses are practically forced to avail of ??

noby
08/04/2004, 12:48 PM
Is showdown the theme tune to eircom League Weekly ??

I'm confused.
So showdown isn't the el weekly theme tune; but you played showdown; and your thread title is 'el theme tune fills dance floor'

am I missing something?
does showdown 'sound like' the el theme tune? (or vice versa)

Aberdonian Stu
08/04/2004, 12:54 PM
Showdown is the official theme song of the Eircom league, as opposed to the television programme Eircom league weekly, hence t being the el theme tune.

noby
08/04/2004, 1:06 PM
Showdown is the official theme song of the Eircom league, as opposed to the television programme Eircom league weekly, hence t being the el theme tune.

Gotcha. 123