PDA

View Full Version : Ardagh Cup 2009/10 Final

Mission Bell
24/05/2010, 10:28 AM
When will this be played

orchardfester
24/05/2010, 1:42 PM
I believe that there's a meeting later tonight???? But really its anyones guess whats goin to happen.

Mission Bell
24/05/2010, 2:40 PM
I believe that there's a meeting later tonight???? But really its anyones guess whats goin to happen.

I think it should be played. There was wrong on both sides - no joy in winning a cup in such a fashion.

Galla
24/05/2010, 2:54 PM
There was wrong on both sides - no joy in winning a cup in such a fashion.

What's the story? Are we heading for arbitration!!!

orchardfester
24/05/2010, 7:15 PM
What's the story? Are we heading for arbitration!!!
Good God not again. Its hard to say you've won a cup if it gets handed to you for what ever reason.

inspiron
24/05/2010, 10:38 PM
Game will be given to Saviours and Carrick will be fined and removed from next years competation. Have to say the line of questioning on local radio on Sat to the Carrick rep was over the top. Can not see any other club being subject to this kind of questioning in Waterford.

Mission Bell
25/05/2010, 6:43 AM
Game will be given to Saviours and Carrick will be fined and removed from next years competation. Have to say the line of questioning on local radio on Sat to the Carrick rep was over the top. Can not see any other club being subject to this kind of questioning in Waterford.

WJL will try and find any way to deny Carrick another trophy. They are not popular in Waterford city having won almost everything there is to be won there for the last ten years or more.

orchardfester
25/05/2010, 7:51 AM
Game will be given to Saviours and Carrick will be fined and removed from next years competation. Have to say the line of questioning on local radio on Sat to the Carrick rep was over the top. Can not see any other club being subject to this kind of questioning in Waterford.Is this fact or just hearsay?

nononsense
25/05/2010, 12:41 PM
When will this be played

For the benefit of us nationwide what has happened? So far story is vague. Am I right to assume this is the major knockout trophy in Waterford League? Was the final fixed and for some reason(s) it wasn't played? If, as suggested, Saviours will get the game what did Carrick Utd do wrong? If there was a meeting last night what is the up to date on it? Anyone like to give us the full story?

Mission Bell
25/05/2010, 1:07 PM
For the benefit of us nationwide what has happened? So far story is vague. Am I right to assume this is the major knockout trophy in Waterford League? Was the final fixed and for some reason(s) it wasn't played? If, as suggested, Saviours will get the game what did Carrick Utd do wrong? If there was a meeting last night what is the up to date on it? Anyone like to give us the full story?

The Ardagh Cup is played between all premier league teams in Waterford Junior League, the final of which was originally fixed for Friday May 21st between Carrick Utd and St.Saviours.
Carrick won their semi final v Hibernians on Sun.May 16th and were informed that the final date had been changed to Sunday May 23rd., to accomodate Waterford Utd v Cork City at the RSC!!
Still with me?
This change of date, already known to Saviours, was news to Carrick Utd. and as a result were up in arms over this and let their feelings be known. Alternative plans had been made for some time prior to this and they refused to play.
WJL insisted on the game going ahead.
To my knowledge, there the matter rests.

nononsense
25/05/2010, 5:35 PM
Thanks for that Mission Bell. If the original date was Friday 21st was that not possible anyway? Carrick had players involved in the game against the international team - wasn't that their goalkeeper who collided with Shane Duffy? Was there some valid reason why Carrick couldn't play on Sunday? Thought they would have been anxious for game before their Munster Junior Cup semi-final next Saturday night. I hope a compromise is reached. Again thanks.

balls
25/05/2010, 6:35 PM
id say carrick have forfitted the game by not agreeing to reschedule the fixture to the sunday. i know some players were away on the sunday ( a stag , other commitments etc) but surely the club should have put out some sort of 11 just to fufill the fixture and avoid controversy that they are now in.

Mission Bell
25/05/2010, 7:52 PM
Thanks for that Mission Bell. If the original date was Friday 21st was that not possible anyway? Carrick had players involved in the game against the international team - wasn't that their goalkeeper who collided with Shane Duffy? Was there some valid reason why Carrick couldn't play on Sunday? Thought they would have been anxious for game before their Munster Junior Cup semi-final next Saturday night. I hope a compromise is reached. Again thanks.

I do not know the full details of of all the issues leading up to it but I am sure WJL will see the bigger picture. They probably acted too hastily.