PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Premier.

white line
23/05/2010, 9:31 AM
well done to pike,best team in the league by a country mile,however the alarm bells need to start ringing lads because going on results,especially recent ones our premier league is turning into a farce.

totaly agree with you but everyone is prob thinking and prob rightly so that the teams with nothing to play for are fielding half teams regional have been a total disgrace to junior soccer UL not far behind them no pride in there clubs. credit goes to IMO mungret there safe and still give 100% every game same with balla.

but the real cancer in junior football is the money game that has IMO destroyed junior football in this town more so this season it has been a total disgrace players turning down LOI football for junior football there is no level playing field in the prem league. just my opioion lads
if were to discuss this lets do it in a proper manner no cheap shots on clubs etc etc.

blinkx
23/05/2010, 5:54 PM
totaly agree with you but everyone is prob thinking and prob rightly so that the teams with nothing to play for are fielding half teams regional have been a total disgrace to junior soccer UL not far behind them no pride in there clubs. credit goes to IMO mungret there safe and still give 100% every game same with balla.

but the real cancer in junior football is the money game that has IMO destroyed junior football in this town more so this season it has been a total disgrace players turning down LOI football for junior football there is no level playing field in the prem league. just my opioion lads
if were to discuss this lets do it in a proper manner no cheap shots on clubs etc etc.

Most of those who you've mentioned won't play Senior soccer for alot of reasons, little pay for little reward, travelling every second weekend and the Biggest fact by far is not being able to play for their GAA Clubs.

Mission Bell
23/05/2010, 7:46 PM

\How do you mean 'money game'?

tedd11
23/05/2010, 10:45 PM
\How do you mean 'money game'?
he obviously means that as far as he is concerned lads are getting paid

Mission Bell
24/05/2010, 9:13 AM
he obviously means that as far as he is concerned lads are getting paid

If that is the case then surely such conduct brings the game into disrepute. But I suppose sport goes out the window when the winning at all costs mentality pervades a club.
Is this common?

whitestripe
24/05/2010, 9:32 AM
regional have been a total disgrace to junior soccer UL not far behind them no pride in there clubs.

Care to elaborate white line - The Club is Aisling Annacotty AFC not UL to start with... I am sure there will be more than a few players in Aisling wonderiing why you think they are not far behind being a total disgrace?