PDA

View Full Version : Mick O'Byrne

Sheridan
07/04/2004, 1:26 PM
Just thought I'd let you chaps know (if you didn't already) that Micko has retired from football aged 29. I knew he'd left Dublin City but didn't realise he'd packed it in altogether until I read it in the programme last night. Problems with commuting from Longford (as well as inury) are to blame, apparently. Despite playing only a handful of games for us, he'll always be remebered as the man whose penalty got us promoted.

Schumi
07/04/2004, 1:40 PM
Sorry to hear that, we were only wondering who he was with over the weekend. I only saw him play a few games towards the end of his time here when I'm told he was past his best after an injury.

Roo69
07/04/2004, 3:41 PM
Sorry to hear that, we were only wondering who he was with over the weekend. I only saw him play a few games towards the end of his time here when I'm told he was past his best after an injury.

Im not ! :D

Ah only messin, thats dirt news when a player has to pack it so early like that ! great peno by the way !

Sheridan
07/04/2004, 7:44 PM
great peno by the way !
I trust you're referring to the execution, and not the award. Second funniest penalty decision I've seen, after O'Keefe for Pat's in the Under-21 cup final last year (miscontrols the ball WITH HIS HAND, chases after it, trips over his own feet with no-one near him, ref points to the spot.)